Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still holding steady at 11/8-11/28, worrying about my trade in value tanking and throwing off the whole purchase.

That said, I called sales to ask if there is a such thing as an early trade in to lock in the value. There is not but speculation on the "inside" is that the parts/supplier issues won't resolve in the next few months and as such, the used car market *should* stay relatively hot.

Saw an inventory car that matched my exact specs 2 hours ago.

But someone else was faster.

Also I don’t understand how these cars end up in inventory when there are outstanding orders to match.

They are matches to someone else who ends up not taking it or canceling all together. They then hit the inventory. I asked my SA just the other day.

Ordered: 7/18
VIN: 8/20
EDD: 8/26-9/1
Config: MYP-5, MSM, +tow, no FSD

Got a text today with a tracking number for paperwork re: my trade in (Tesla was within $500 of others) which appears to be overnighted. Should get here before noon on Monday. Not sure if that paperwork signifies any movement/stage, but…

Called the service line to ask if they could install the HomeLink thing while taking delivery (the answer is no). HOWEVER, I asked if she could tell me where it was and she set me up with a pickup date (earliest slot on the earliest day!).

So I pickup on the 31st (sad) at 10am in Austin.

Reactions: TESRP
Wow has this thread grown. Received my Model Y and I must admit it is a blast. I much enjoy driving it. It is a lot quicker and much more nimble than my RX350 and generally more fun to drive too.

The fit and finish on mine was flawless inside and out no glaring panel gaps or misaligned panels. My only gripe is that the steering wheel is off center. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly by a wheel alignment next week.

For those waiting…..I waited nearly 3 full months….it is worth it.

Attachments

• 5F3D01A1-47EC-4D96-A4AD-96EE0B0EF6A4.jpeg
    5F3D01A1-47EC-4D96-A4AD-96EE0B0EF6A4.jpeg
    908.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 33254822-B9DE-4619-8068-27AA704F4CB6.jpeg
    33254822-B9DE-4619-8068-27AA704F4CB6.jpeg
    873.2 KB · Views: 58
Great minds think alike! My MYP is coming by the 9th so the M3LR will be gone. Thinking of a name now for this MSM. Hmmm….
Hmmm...call him "Fiddy" as in Fiddy Shades of Grey.

No? No, I wouldn't either.

OH, I know...how's about "Freddie"...as in Freddie Mercury...because Mercury is silver...because of, you know, the silver car...and...*cough*...

...I'll see myself out.

Called the service line to ask if they could install the HomeLink thing while taking delivery (the answer is no). HOWEVER, I asked if she could tell me where it was and she set me up with a pickup date (earliest slot on the earliest day!).

Ohhhh maybe I’ll call and see if I can get a date too now.
My packet hasn’t arrived yet. You?

Reactions: TESRP and Drock77
Picked up today in Grand Rapids, MI, exactly 100 days from my order date. Car is GREAT...no gaps, no issues other than one small piece of tape in the gap between the roof glass and the headliner on the passenger side...easily removed with a spudger. Oddly...there were only two cars in the lot for delivery. Though they said they had a very busy weekend, so maybe I just missed all the craziness.

Got the the DC early and checked the outside thoroughly, then had the email that the car was ready, accepted delivery in the app and was already inside setting the settings by the time the delivery folks came out to see if they could help me...I was so excited I barely acknowledged them, I am afraid! Long trip home, but the car rides great, isn't overly noisy on the highway, and is an absolute BLAST to drive. Had PPF on rear doors and mud flaps already installed. The blue is just unbelievable...and surprisingly, my parents (89 and 95) were so excited about the car and its features, too! We had fun on the trip home.

I have to say I generally dislike Cruise control as it is usually more effort than just driving when in traffic, but the TACC was AWESOME...makes me want to play with more of the driver assist features and maybe do a month subscription trial of the FSD features next time I have a long trip.

OK, I'll say it...the car is worth all the frustration and the wait and the EDD craziness...and I will be sticking around here long enough to make sure @CSTARZZ gets his car...

(pardon the crappy photos, the sun was in my eyes from any decent angle so was shooting blind)

tempImagePIxMsk.jpg
tempImageJVIVBM.jpg

Picked up today in Grand Rapids, MI, exactly 100 days from my order date. Car is GREAT...no gaps, no issues other than one small piece of tape in the gap between the roof glass and the headliner on the passenger side...easily removed with a spudger. Oddly...there were only two cars in the lot for delivery. Though they said they had a very busy weekend, so maybe I just missed all the craziness.

Got the the DC early and checked the outside thoroughly, then had the email that the car was ready, accepted delivery in the app and was already inside setting the settings by the time the delivery folks came out to see if they could help me...I was so excited I barely acknowledged them, I am afraid! Long trip home, but the car rides great, isn't overly noisy on the highway, and is an absolute BLAST to drive. Had PPF on rear doors and mud flaps already installed. The blue is just unbelievable...and surprisingly, my parents (89 and 95) were so excited about the car and its features, too! We had fun on the trip home.

I have to say I generally dislike Cruise control as it is usually more effort than just driving when in traffic, but the TACC was AWESOME...makes me want to play with more of the driver assist features and maybe do a month subscription trial of the FSD features next time I have a long trip.

OK, I'll say it...the car is worth all the frustration and the wait and the EDD craziness...and I will be sticking around here long enough to make sure @CSTARZZ gets his car...

(pardon the crappy photos, the sun was in my eyes from any decent angle so was shooting blind)

View attachment 700524View attachment 700525
The blue is so lovely!! I love your nametag in the car, too. :)

Reactions: TESRP and dogma

Dang they didn’t let me schedule yet :( but from the dates they said probably the 31st as well

Reactions: TESRP