Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't take this the wrong way but after holding solid for 3 weeks with a Nov delivery my account just updated today and to my surprise I have a VIN5YJYGAEE2MF248*** and a delivery scheduled for 8/25 - 8/28. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I know people have been waiting for months for their vehicles. I am totally not prepared for the new delivery yet as I was going to pay off my old vehicle next month so I could sell it and put a down payment on the new vehicle. Also I have no financing lined up yet. How did I get a VIN so soon? How far out can I push my actual delivery date? If I refuse delivery do I go back to the end of the line for a new delivery date?

Similar happened to my wife. She ordered 5/25 and had a VIN on the 26th! One day later! She was not ready either so she denied deliver. She finally gets her Y on Friday. I’d expect to wait if you deny delivery. 🤷‍♂️

Who knows really, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a bunch of YouTubers, influencers, etc that paid the $100, got the screenshot, posted to show off to their followers, then cancelled because of "delays". Saw this example a little while ago on Twitter. Maybe the are a bunch more like this? Who knows 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 701043

Well Sawyer,

I wouldn't advertise your plans to flip a car that has in your order terms and conditions that it can be canceled and not refunded if trying to flip the car.

Well, the day has come that I start looking at other vehicles. This is just unacceptable by Tesla. As you can see by my signature I have a right to be upset at this point. Sold second car beginning of July so down to one vehicle.
Tesla told me they can not match a cancelled order to my vehicle or I will have to pay the new price of 539xx instead of my 50,9xx. Unacceptable. I have read in this thread of their service advisor being able to do it for them. Seeing people with much later order dates and profile completion dates get their vehicles from the same service center is upsetting.
Back in June I scheduled a vacation around the model Y in October. was assured I would have my vehicle by then. Now they dont know and my EDD is LATE October.
I hate karens but at this point I may have to ask for the manager to get a real answer.
Any advice?
looking at a suv hybrid or something along those lines. Or how would you handle this situation?
Man oh man...I am so sorry. That is unacceptable, it sucks, and you have every right to feel frustrated. Nothing much more I can say above and beyond all the insightful thoughts from everyone else here. If I can say one thing, it's that we all know the EDD is trash and orders aren't filled sequentially. EDD moves erratically, it bounces around, and people like @Sarugby9000 got a VIN today while holding a generic "November" EDD. So you may not be as far away from a VIN as you might think.

Story time from my end: about a month ago my sister was in an accident (2010-ish CR-V), a fairly serious collision. She was stopped at a red light in a line of cars, and the driver behind her collided without even touching their brakes. Cops estimated they were speeding at around 50 mph, likely distracted because there was no braking or skidding on pavement. Thank god she and my 1 year old nephew were physically unharmed. Mentally it was very traumatic and thinking about the incident makes my blood boil and makes me want to physically choke out people who would rather play on their phones than watch the road.

Obviously that CR-V was a total loss, so she's now in the market to buy a new car. She'd been eyeing Tesla and she knows nothing about cars and has no interest in EVs, except she knows that combustion cars will be no longer sold sometime in the 2030's and she needs to get an EV at some point so she's not stuck with a dinosaur. Getting out of an accident of that intensity with her toddler son made her put safety as by far the #1 priority, with nothing else really mattering. I suggested a Model Y LR, but said if you don't want to wait four months or more, it has to be the Performance. And expect good customer service if you get a good SA, expect me to read the forums for you for crowd-sourced delivery news/insights/analysis if you don't get a good SA. She said the Performance model brought her zero value but higher price, so instead went with a German tank (GLE 350) with lots of cool tech features and a less than one month wait + white glove treatment at the dealership. They cut her a good deal (for pandemic shortage times), very responsive with lots of follow up calls/updates, and just overall a superb customer service experience. They set expectations for wait time ahead of time, and everything they did was personable, professional, well-communicated/clear - it just left a really good impression on her and she says she feels like a loyal life-time MB customer now, without even having owned one yet haha.

All this to point out that right now, Tesla is the best EV, but they're losing customers who don't care about having the best EV. Some people have an interest in Tesla, and are totally ready to buy, but would much rather have a superior customer service and buying experience. One good dealer experience can build an incredible amount of customer loyalty, and vice-versa.

Last edited:
I ordered 6/21, got my VIN on 8/10, and am finally picking up my MYP Thursday at 4 pm CST! So excited to have all the accessories out and ready. I will be attempting a DIY PPF install on the bumper and hood as well as a tint on the front two windows. Yikes but also Yay!
PLease let us know how the install goes! I'm interested in everything DIY and have been thinking about trying myself. Currently planning hood, behind rear wheels, and then depending how those go making a gametime decision to DIY or pay a pro to do the bumper.

Well, the day has come that I start looking at other vehicles. This is just unacceptable by Tesla. As you can see by my signature I have a right to be upset at this point. Sold second car beginning of July so down to one vehicle.
Tesla told me they can not match a cancelled order to my vehicle or I will have to pay the new price of 539xx instead of my 50,9xx. Unacceptable. I have read in this thread of their service advisor being able to do it for them. Seeing people with much later order dates and profile completion dates get their vehicles from the same service center is upsetting.
Back in June I scheduled a vacation around the model Y in October. was assured I would have my vehicle by then. Now they dont know and my EDD is LATE October.
I hate karens but at this point I may have to ask for the manager to get a real answer.
Any advice?
looking at a suv hybrid or something along those lines. Or how would you handle this situation?
It really doesn't make any sense. You completed your profile two months before me and yet your estimated dates are two weeks behind me. Did you make any changes?

I suspect it means my 11 Oct - 31 Oct dates aren't valid and will be slipping to the right.

There’s a guy I saw near me that said he didn’t put the tow because it makes the car take longer and that he’s just gonna pay to put it on after delivery. He said paying the 1,200 vs the 1000 was worth getting the car sooner.
I thought I read somewhere that if you do that you don't get the full software integration you'd get if you included it with the original order. That doesn't make sense to me because it seems like they could do any software update they needed, but I don't know. I think it was to do with updating the range for towing or something like that.

Maybe it only applies to third party hitches.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I thought I read somewhere that if you do that you don't get the full software integration you'd get if you included it with the original order. That doesn't make sense to me because it seems like they could do any software update they needed, but I don't know. I think it was to do with updating the range for towing or something like that.

Maybe it only applies to third party hitches.
The OEM Tesla Tow Bar for $1,200 requires a SC install, and comes with tow mode sw, electrical hookups for trailer.

After market hitches do not come with tow mode, may or may not include wiring harness hookups.

Reactions: MBx4
True. Which is why it's important for us here to report VIN assignments and when we got them. It's pretty easy to tell an old VIN when a car has been sitting for 3+ weeks because that VIN will be 40,xxx below everyone else's fresh VINs. That way you can go inspect it with a fine tooth comb at the delivery appointment and ask your DS about its history prior to taking delivery.
Never thought of this before. Makes absolute sense!!!

Reactions: PatrickTM