Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
three more - 1 white and 2 red ( 5 seaters)

What's your OOD? I'm about to call and see if I can get that information
Order Date? 8/15 in-person in Alpharetta, GA
And what's that 1-888 number
888 518 3752
What options did you pick after calling 888 number?
1 for vehicles and then 1 for sales? could be 2 for sales
Wow wow... too much unbelievable information, he must be joking with you.
Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if the dates weren't accurate (i see EDD of January)
What's your build?

It may be believable that estimates will be more predictable at Austin but this is a lot of very specific information most people don't even have the day before they get a VIN. Remains to be seen.
MYLR5 black/black Gemini FSD, nothing else
Sounds fishy... i can't believe somebody would be able to predict a build and delivery date so far out in the future. Are you sure it wasn't a dream?

Most people who've pressed tesla for "soft match" information have received terribly innacurate information.

Might they have told you this because you sounded like you expected the good news and they just said it to get you off the phone?
Why would I lie about any of this? Don't be so negative. I am just telling it as is. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not 100% accurate, it feels good to hear some dates. Much better than January.

FYI, I was a first-time caller.

Love it!

For sure, they have a system. Logistics as a whole is mind boggling to me. It doesn't seem that Tesla does just-in-time manufacturing, but hearing about all the moving parts to enable JIT is truly impressive. Definitely a massive orchestration.

I agree, there's a system in place. Logistics is a key part, but I would expect revenue plays the biggest role in driving production and logistics planning. Here's my ENTIRELY unscientific speculation on how VINs are assigned (i.e. priority) from the revenue perspective. The manufacturing planning/logistics perspectives would have to tail into the calculus as well to get to the EDD:
  1. Profile completion (duh)
  2. MYP prioritized over MYLR
  3. Higher base-priced MYLRs (orders later in the price rising months and/or those with added options that carry higher price points)
  4. Tesla-partner financing vs. cash (Tesla likely gets some cut when/if we finance with their partners)
  5. Trades with higher differential between offer and estimated auction value
Again, not at all scientific, but several variables that might play into the equation. I am guessing Tesla has a fair amount of modeling/simulations and AI that allow them to decide how best to plan manufacturing and delivery to maximize their revenue.

Order Date? 8/15 in-person in Alpharetta, GA

888 518 3752

1 for vehicles and then 1 for sales? could be 2 for sales

Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if the dates weren't accurate (i see EDD of January)

MYLR5 black/black Gemini FSD, nothing else

Why would I lie about any of this? Don't be so negative. I am just telling it as is. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not 100% accurate, it feels good to hear some dates. Much better than January.

FYI, I was a first-time caller.
Looks like we ordered from the same place with you ordering about 20 ish days after me, we both have the generic, but I had the at order "Nov" date, so I wonder if some of that would change? Or if I would be in November still?

Curious to see if anyone else has luck with this call like you did.

10000000% agree with this, if Tesla can't get something as simple as EDD's right, how can we trust their Premier AI based product?
I believe it was @PhillyGal who said it best: the customer service sucks, but the engineers who built and designed every aspect of the car (including software) are phenomenal. They put the effort into the product, not into making your wait comfortable or predictable.

That being said, I would not fully trust Autopilot / FSD but it is way better than anything else out there and it is unlikely anyone catches up.

Wow wow... too much unbelievable information, he must be joking with you.
I don’t think they were joking at all. They gave accurate information based on the system as it is today. Things can change that’s why the dates slip. They could run out of lemon scented widgets or whatever and that would impact the delivery date and shift everything out. So I think this information should be understood as accurate for the day, and subject to change.

Anyone know who it is that calls to schedule delivery? The DC? Tesla Logistics? Was told yesterday when I stopped by that my car would be in on Sept 7. Have a few missed calls from unknown numbers due to having to actually work today, so just wondering what I should be looking out for.
I have never received a call from anyone from Tesla. All the communication was via email and text message (from area code 508).

Picked up my MYP in Long island today....No major issues/flaws....Easy checkout/Delivery process...they allowed me to take my time for inspection...Thanks for all the support and help that was provided in this group

Attachments

• IMG_5914.jpg
    IMG_5914.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5913 (1).jpg
    IMG_5913 (1).jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5912.jpg
    IMG_5912.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 46
For those who have delivery set or picked up, did you have to pick a delivery time or was one set for you?
I just refreshed my account to see if MVPA was available and I see a delivery appointment set for 9/15 12 noon. It showed a window before I refreshed. Prior to that, I called the 888 number to confirm my final number since the tax wasn't showing the trade in and the agent said the MVPA would generate with the correct info and to just keep an eye for new docs. He said car should leaving CA for AL soon and scheduled to be at SC on the 13th. Not sure if he set the delivery or my MIA SA did.
Time to start checking items off the Amazon wish list.
I was given a 3 days window to pick from. Looks like Tesla might have done it for you based on some AI algorithms 🤣 , JK.

Some data for you guys waiting!

My SA texted me Monday morning after getting my VIN on Sunday. We switched my order to financing. He also let me know my car was just finished being assembled on 8/26 at 5AM (VIN 259XXX). Got instantly approved for 72 months at 2.49% with 15k down (770+ credit score in my late 20's, previous car loan was less than 10k).

Scheduled the soonest delivery, which was 9/14 at 10AM (97 days after profile completion). My SA claims it could come as soon as 9/11 and that he'd keep me updated.

Just want to give a little shoutout to Carvana. I know others have had pretty good experiences with Carvana, and mine went extremely well, too. Almost too well, really. I know y'all are likely working with some timing challenges, having very little information as to when you'll finally get your new Y, which makes doing something with a vehicle you're looking to replace a lot more difficult. We were of course in the same boat. That said, we worked with the Tesla EDD windows we received and once it started stabilizing (yeah, we got the occasional nondescript months and week ranges from time to time as well), we started shopping around our previous car. Our 2013 Pathfinder had served her time admirably, but it was time for her to add fulfillment to a new owner. Our valuations from Tesla and Carmax were right around $12K, but Carvana came through with about $15.4K...which is meaningfully higher. We got our quote in July (when the delivery was hovering around the 8th of August), and the quote expired on the 13th. Well, of course our EDD kept pushing back...but fortunately, Carvana honored the offer for a future delivery. So we were ultimately able to schedule pickup of our Pathfinder on the 10th (prior to the quote expiring) for the 27th, which we felt would be close enough to taking delivery to our Y. As it worked out, we picked up our Y the evening of the 25th, so it all worked out.

On the 27th, we had someone from Carvana come out, take a quick look at the car, take it for a test drive around the neighborhood, and then we signed a MVPA, she put a lock box on the car, and said a tow truck would arrive a little later to pick it up. But when she left, the car was theirs and she had started the ACH transfer (there was an issue with the check printer she had with her). Of course, a tow truck came buy and picked up their car and there she went. Funds arrived in our account this morning and we're all done.

I know the whole balancing of your trade-in and taking delivery of your Y can be a stressful endeavor, but wanted to share with you our experience with Carvana. Like many of you, I hadn't had any experience with these online-only car sales companies, but our experience was fantastic--it definitely relieved at least some of the stress of the whole experience.