Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone smack me. I almost just ordered that White Performance Y that popped up into inventory. I don't need or want a P. And I especially don't want 21" wheels. (But I do want tow hitch and black interior, neither of which I have with my current order. Sigh...)
I almost ordered the red on white performance which is nearby to me in Tampa. If my date gets pushed out I will consider going with the P but I really would like the third row...

, but Carvana came through with about $15.4K...which is meaningfully higher. We
Just want to give a little shoutout to Carvana. I know others have had pretty good experiences with Carvana, and mine went extremely well, too. Almost too well, really. I know y'all are likely working with some timing challenges, having very little information as to when you'll finally get your new Y, which makes doing something with a vehicle you're looking to replace a lot more difficult. We were of course in the same boat. That said, we worked with the Tesla EDD windows we received and once it started stabilizing (yeah, we got the occasional nondescript months and week ranges from time to time as well), we started shopping around our previous car. Our 2013 Pathfinder had served her time admirably, but it was time for her to add fulfillment to a new owner. Our valuations from Tesla and Carmax were right around $12K, but Carvana came through with about $15.4K...which is meaningfully higher. We got our quote in July (when the delivery was hovering around the 8th of August), and the quote expired on the 13th. Well, of course our EDD kept pushing back...but fortunately, Carvana honored the offer for a future delivery. So we were ultimately able to schedule pickup of our Pathfinder on the 10th (prior to the quote expiring) for the 27th, which we felt would be close enough to taking delivery to our Y. As it worked out, we picked up our Y the evening of the 25th, so it all worked out.

On the 27th, we had someone from Carvana come out, take a quick look at the car, take it for a test drive around the neighborhood, and then we signed a MVPA, she put a lock box on the car, and said a tow truck would arrive a little later to pick it up. But when she left, the car was theirs and she had started the ACH transfer (there was an issue with the check printer she had with her). Of course, a tow truck came buy and picked up their car and there she went. Funds arrived in our account this morning and we're all done.

I know the whole balancing of your trade-in and taking delivery of your Y can be a stressful endeavor, but wanted to share with you our experience with Carvana. Like many of you, I hadn't had any experience with these online-only car sales companies, but our experience was fantastic--it definitely relieved at least some of the stress of the whole experience.
Thanks for sharing - I had a very similar experience selling a 2019 Model 3 to Shift...got an online quote for $9k more than Tesla's trade-in value and they came out the next day to pickup the car...funds transferred to our bank account 2 days later.

Picked up my MYP in Long island today....No major issues/flaws....Easy checkout/Delivery process...they allowed me to take my time for inspection...Thanks for all the support and help that was provided in this group
Awesome. How long did it take? My delivery is Sept 6 in Smithtown as well. I know you are thinking about wheel options (me too); what did you settle on? Who is going to do it? I’m thinking the 19” TSportsline wheels but I don’t know if my garage will swap them for me.

Thanks. I just called the 888 number and spoke with a representative. He reassured me that I am in queue and I can accept the trade-in offer whenever. He also told me the exact dates for my Model Y's manufacture date (12/13), VIN match date (12/13), SC delivery date (Roswell, GA 12/19) and a range of dates for the actual delivery (12/20-12/22). He said since it would only take 6 days from manufacture to SC delivery (12/13-12/19), he suspects it'll be made in Austin, TX. No promises, of course. Most Fremont made vehicles would take 2 weeks to deliver to an SC. ATX made would be amazing!
Ha. The last time I called they could tell me if I would get my car in September, October, or November.

Reactions: ajs847
Thanks. I just called the 888 number and spoke with a representative. He reassured me that I am in queue and I can accept the trade-in offer whenever. He also told me the exact dates for my Model Y's manufacture date (12/13), VIN match date (12/13), SC delivery date (Roswell, GA 12/19) and a range of dates for the actual delivery (12/20-12/22). He said since it would only take 6 days from manufacture to SC delivery (12/13-12/19), he suspects it'll be made in Austin, TX. No promises, of course. Most Fremont made vehicles would take 2 weeks to deliver to an SC. ATX made would be amazing!
I don’t understand how anyone on the phone can tell you about a hard manufacture date. Unless you are yanking our chains here…. My order has been “in queue“ since May and no one in Tesla can tell me if I will receive a Vin before the end of the quarter. I hear that I will get my car in September but those statements or caveated to death.

I hope for your sake that you are correct and that you can have your car within a definitive, manageable period Of time.

They told you that your car will be manufactured on 13 December 2021? Did they give you the time of manufacture and the name of the assembly line foreman that will oversee your build? How about the foreman's dinner plans for that evening after he/she oversees your build?

No promises, of course.

• Funny
Reactions: Nrvna76 and ajs847
Someone smack me. I almost just ordered that White Performance Y that popped up into inventory. I don't need or want a P. And I especially don't want 21" wheels. (But I do want tow hitch and black interior, neither of which I have with my current order. Sigh...)
Ok, so you've said that you're not in a rush because you're not in an ice vehicle, what if you changed your order to what you actually want?

Reactions: PatrickTM