Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this thread, Current Delivery Times, started on April 6, 2021.
Today is September 3, 2021
That's 150 days
there are now 1,630 pages to this thread.
That's 10.8 new pages per day (on average) of people observing that the company selling them a $60K car does not communicate with its customers and totally disrespects delivery estimates.
Cost of a base MYLR was $50,490 when the thread started, currently $53,990.

What's crazy is that I feel like the posts have actually slowed down. I joined around the late 700s and it sped through through 1000. Then some of the more frequent posters got their cars and disappeared.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Cost of a base MYLR was $50,490 when the thread started, currently $53,990.

What's crazy is that I feel like the posts have actually slowed down. I joined around the late 700s and it sped through through 1000. Then some of the more frequent posters got their cars and disappeared.

Post frequency is directly connected to VIN issuance. It's always easy to tell when a lot of people have gotten VIN's or taken deliveries by the volume of this thread alone.

I can relate @endofthestairs. I am now onto my second inventory order and am supposed to pick it up in Raleigh tomorrow at 6:30 pm. After numerous attempts to reach their team to confirm everything is good to go with my order and ask for a full battery charge, I have gotten no response.

At this point, I am scared to drive the 4 hours and get told it is a no go...
I hope it all goes well for you, I was frustrated after my 1/2 hour drive.

I am on hold with them right now, trying to confirm stuff. I texted, emailed and am now calling.

Used prices are market dependent and the market changes daily. If you want to lock in a trade in value, you need to sell the car and transfer the title within the valid trade in period. If you sell your Raptor to Vroom, you come out ahead vs trading in your car to Tesla, even factoring in the sales tax credit. If you are being truthful, there is zero worry you should have with selling to Vroom. Anything besides this is just a logical fallacy and you are leaving money on the table. For a Raptor, you may even want to try a private sale in this market - more work and risk obviously.

If anything, I've understated the condition. I briefly had an ad up for private sale of the Raptor and received 6 offers, 4 of which were ridiculous. As in $45-50k. One asked if I knew of an off-road place he could test drive it. Um, no. One of the better offers I had progressed to the point of him wanting to meet to see it but made it a point to tell me he wasn't wearing a mask when driving it with me. That was enough for me to realize I'm not selling privately.

I get what you're saying about Vroom and the market dictating the price, but having them take the vehicle away without getting a check? That's like me telling Tesla, hey I'll take this home and get you the payment in a few days.

My bet is you don't get a car LOL
For sure, but for how much longer is the question? haha
If you are flying into Newark and they move you to Springfield, that will be closer to the airport than Paramus. Princeton will be about a wash in terms of distance/time compared to Paramus.
I just got this text this morning indicating Paramus deliveries would be moved to Springfield
1630694644948.png

Note: I am taking delivery at Bellevue, WA and previously attempted to order an inventory vehicle from Paramus so I assume this is why I got this text...

If anything, I've understated the condition. I briefly had an ad up for private sale of the Raptor and received 6 offers, 4 of which were ridiculous. As in $45-50k. One asked if I knew of an off-road place he could test drive it. Um, no. One of the better offers I had progressed to the point of him wanting to meet to see it but made it a point to tell me he wasn't wearing a mask when driving it with me. That was enough for me to realize I'm not selling privately.

I get what you're saying about Vroom and the market dictating the price, but having them take the vehicle away without getting a check? That's like me telling Tesla, hey I'll take this home and get you the payment in a few days.
Yup, unfortunately thats why as lot of people do not want the hassle of trying to private sale. More work, ridiculous offers. You have to filter through the BS to get a real offer, but that real offer is more than trade in. Completely understand and i would laugh in the guys face asking for a good off-road place to test drive the car as well as the 45-50k offer.

As far as Vroom - you sign legal documents before they take the car and you will be paid. You are most definitely not the first selling to them, or having the fear of not being paid by them. Ultimately up to you if you want that extra 1-2k. Just want you to be informed, money doesnt grow on trees.

Reactions: te$laWhy
If you are flying into Newark and they move you to Springfield, that will be closer to the airport than Paramus. Princeton will be about a wash in terms of distance/time compared to Paramus.
Thank you. I could not remember the name of the other service center. My car is on a truck somewhere. So hopefully they just reroute to the other SC and we get it scheduled again.

I wonder why mine was pushed back and month and yours brought in 2 months. Really don’t understand the logic in teslas system.
Wow I have no clue, you have the same build as me and my profile completion is later than yours. Well you might be in luck and get mine if I can figure out a way to go back into the queue without going to the very back.

Reactions: jimfleurie
Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum. I’m located on Long Island. I placed an order for a Red Y performance on 8/27/2021 with a 4-5 week window initialily. My car is currently in transit to the service center with an expected delivery date of 9/10/2021. I’m excited and can’t wait. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated and I’m happy to join the family finally.