Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here is my question of the day and I apologize ahead of time if it has been asked and answered before. If a customer (Customer 1) is assigned a VIN and then for whatever reason cancels their order, places it on hold, or refuses delivery. Does that VIN then get assigned to the next customer with the same build (Customer 2) or does the VIN go out as an inventory car? Does the location of Customer 1 and 2 affect that decision? Inquiring minds want to know.
I think if its before its delivered it will be reassigned, but if its refused for any reason (payment, didn't want to accept) once at the delivery center it goes into inventory. But I'm not 100% on that just from data points I've read through these forums really.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Wanted to provide an update on my order since it’s been a while, trying to get caught up on a lot of the post reading too.

A day after receiving a VIN I got a text from my SA just saying congrats with an ETA. I waited for a bit and received a call from her last week on Thursday to finalize a few details and told me I should hear from the delivery team around Tuesday With a delivery probably on the 4th or the 6th. Tuesday evening I got nothing so I called in and they only said that they have an ETA of the vehicle for the 4th. I called again on Thursday and got the same response. So as of right now I still haven’t heard from anyone to schedule a date and my dates are now slipping back. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just storm related delays but I was kind of hopeful that communication would improve a bit after a VIN assignment.

After 104 days, I've finally got a VIN!! 261XXX and EDD is now 9/16-9/19 (long trip from Fremont to Chicago, apparently). To all my other May orders, be strong.
Hey congrats! My build! Order date is a few days after you and delivery location is a few miles east of you. is it a light at the end of the tunnel or an Oktoberfest train?

Hey congrats! My build! Order date is a few days after you and delivery location is a few miles east of you. is it a light at the end of the tunnel or an Oktoberfest train?
With your same 9/11 EDD that I had, I think good things are in your future. Also FWIW, I never got an email (and Distill didn't catch the change), so I just logged in this morning and saw the blue button. Just a heads up in case you were waiting on one of those to give you the good news!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Like a well oiled precision machine, my EDD went from September 13-30 to 14 - 30 to OCTOBER FEST to 16 - 30 and now 17 - 30........ it seems so precise!

Today's Ditty brought to you from Watermelon

Hey You What's Your EDD
Hell, I don't Even Know My OD
Do You Think We'll Make it Before EOQ
Don't Know, Just Want My DD

Oh Elon, Where's MY MY

There’s always the dependable Weathertech liners. The OG fitted floor mats!
This is what we’re getting. We’ve had them in my two previous cars and currently in our truck. I dumped an entire cup of coffee in the Acadia (completely my own stupidity) and was able to pull the mat out and not get a drop on the carpets 😅

Which one are thinking of their options?
I found these and may give them a try- really good reviews on their site and for the price I won’t feel too bad if they don’t work

Reactions: ImperfectTes
Folks how many model Ys do they produce each month for sale within US? Any idea? Just curious to know the supply vs demand balance
I am thinking that with Texas factory starting production the waiting issue will become history starting next year? Together CA and TX plants may exceed demand by next year hopefully

Reactions: mrfeb14
Seems a lot of shifting dates From Tesla. Probably trying to get as many cars east and north of CA for EOQ delivery, then SoCal. I really won’t be shocked if we see Bay Area orders being home Delivered up to 11pm on the 30th.

I am going to attempt to stay away from here until Monday evening and enjoy the holiday weekend. I have a new obsession I’m researching to occupy me, POOL CLEANING ROBOTS! If anyone has thoughts or experience on those please message me direct. Need all the info so I can go shopping lol

So here is my question of the day and I apologize ahead of time if it has been asked and answered before. If a customer (Customer 1) is assigned a VIN and then for whatever reason cancels their order, places it on hold, or refuses delivery. Does that VIN then get assigned to the next customer with the same build (Customer 2) or does the VIN go out as an inventory car? Does the location of Customer 1 and 2 affect that decision? Inquiring minds want to know.
I think that if the car is still in Fremont, the VIN will be reassigned. If the car is at the SC and there is no obvious order to give it to, it goes into inventory.