Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just trying to setup an appointment for installing NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. The electrician said that the new Teslas dont come with a NEMA 14-50 adapter and that I have to buy that separately. Is that true?

They do not come with any adapters other than the standard household outlet. You can however, buy adapters for $35ea at Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

I was just trying to setup an appointment for installing NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. The electrician said that the new Teslas dont come with a NEMA 14-50 adapter and that I have to buy that separately. Is that true?
yes, mine came with the MC to a 120 plug and a j1772 adapter. Tesla stopped delivering MY's with the 14-50 adapter a while ago.

They do not come with any adapters other than the standard household outlet. You can however, buy adapters for $35ea at Gen 2 NEMA Adapters
Right on! However the price is now $45. At least it's always available to order online and doesn't sell out frequently like Wall Connectors do.

Thank you all for the replies.
You can also buy the charger that has the 14-50 connector already on it so you could leave your regular mobile connector in your car if you ever need it for road trips, etc. It will charge a little faster than having the mobile connector with the 14-50 adapter.

Congrats to all the new VINs! Heartening, but not heartening enough.

After sitting at September 8 - September 21 for over two weeks my date shifted this weekend, out to October 11 - October 31. My order date was June 28. This puts me right at the 100-days range, which I know is relatively standard for an LR, but it is incredibly frustrating given how close to my delivery window I was before things changed.

MYLR, red, FSD, nothing else fancy, here in Colorado.
This is super frustrating.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
Yes - they don't come standard anymore ... I got it from Tesla site for (i think) $45.

Reactions: BitJam
Hmm. After speaking with a SA in person, I’m expecting my EDD to shift. It’s currently 9/16 to 9/30. He was super friendly and checked the soft match system. It said I was soft matched to a vehicle and the soft date is early October.

He said it’s possible that I’m in EOQ rush, he also said that this was a good sign - seeing a soft match status.

He showed me the screen he was looking at. Fingers still crossed though. Shoutout to the SA though, he was super friendly and helpful! Not my actual SA - road tripped up to NorCal.
What did the screen look like? What info could you see that was different than what we see? I have always been curious about this soft-match thing...what they told me for my soft-match ended up being accurate, but the skeptic in me always thought that was just a way to get the customer off the phone/out of their face :)

Reactions: PatrickTM
A bit of advice for those with July or even August orders: Don't obsess so much over the EDD. Believe me, I understand how you're super excited for your car and as Tom Petty says "waiting is the hardest part". I get how the only thing to do is sign in to the Tesla account and see where the EDD is.

Just don't let that daily EDD change fill you with anger or elation. There's no conspiracy behind it, there's no Tesla agenda favoring one model or another. You're getting a glimpse into the supply, production and delivery logistics process. That EDD is reflective of all of those elements, so when one changes the date changes. In other words, take the advice of my late grandmother: Don't stress or get angry over things you can't control.

My advice: Make sure everything in your profile is complete. Even contact Tesla or your SA to confirm. When the EDD begins to have a range of less than 20 days, you're getting closer. Anything other than that is just an algorithm trying to predict when your car will get built based on current conditions not changing.

Well, I finally got off the seemingly neverending EDD rollercoaster and couldn't be happier! Pick-up in Raleigh was seamless - the car was waiting for us out front. I signed one piece of paper, got my key setup and was good to go.

It's absolutely gorgeous and the only flaw we found was that the spoiler was coming up a bit on one side. My husband has already ordered Betalink, so we will take care of that ourselves. Having never seen the car in person prior to ordering, it was wild to finally sit inside and drive it. It seriously is unnervingly fast. Until I get a better comfort level I will be keeping it in "chill" mode. 😆

Our next order of business is to buy all the accessories lol. We ordered the 24' Wall Connector, 3D Maxpider floor mat set, storage bins, front PPE, and are currently looking for a back seat cover so that our 1-year-old doesn't stain the white interior. Windshield, roof, and front window tint are also being scheduled.

We are over the moon to have the MYP and couldn't think of a better addition for our family's needs. To everyone here who is currently waiting for your MY, keep hanging in there, it is worth it!!! ❤️
I'll keep an eye out for that sweet ride driving around Greenville! My pickup for my #teamblue MYLR is this Saturday at noon - can't wait!!

What did the screen look like? What info could you see that was different than what we see? I have always been curious about this soft-match thing...what they told me for my soft-match ended up being accurate, but the skeptic in me always thought that was just a way to get the customer off the phone/out of their face :)
From what I've seen, they can "impersonate" our accounts, so they can log into the Tesla account page and see what we see. My experience has been that they impersonate first by looking up my order in the system using a phone number.

Then they copy and paste the RN number in there and log out and open a new tab. This is some internal report, it's a Tableau report because it looks super similar to what I use at work. They open a workbook which I guess shows the statuses, including the magical soft match status. On the side, they paste the RN number into a filter and it shows a few fields like status, date, etc.