Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With MYPs now at Nov EDDs that sounds like they can focus on making more MYLR. Feels like it's going to be raining VINs for the next 3 weeks!
Elon making it rain like...

broke-make-it-rain.gif

With MYPs now at Nov EDDs that sounds like they can focus on making more MYLR. Feels like it's going to be raining VINs for the next 3 weeks!
Gosh, let’s freaking hope!! I’ve been stuck at 9/8-9/25 since August 28, still no VIN. I fully expected the dates would’ve shifted out this morning, but so far holding steady lol

Funny I got the 5 seater though I do have a kid AND he's not grown...
We have two kids, and opted for the 5 seater. My wife and I debated back and forth on that, but in the end if we need to haul a bunch of humans we still have a mini van, and the extra storage space in the rear is probably going to be more useful for the long haul (no pun intended). Sometimes I wonder if we should have gotten the 7 seat option though.

Just received notice that my docs are available for download. I assumed that there would be some e-signature type confirmation needed from me, but it appears it's nothing more than the agreement of sale and lemon law disclosure PDF's. Anyone who's taken delivery, am I missing something?

Reactions: BitJam
We have two kids, and opted for the 5 seater. My wife and I debated back and forth on that, but in the end if we need to haul a bunch of humans we still have a mini van, and the extra storage space in the rear is probably going to be more useful for the long haul (no pun intended). Sometimes I wonder if we should have gotten the 7 seat option though.
Not sure how the back seat will compare but in our S we can haul ourselves, the kiddo, plus 2 adults. I have no desire to get a 7 seater just for that once or twice a year occasion we wish we could haul all 3 living parents at the same time as us and our kiddo. Meanwhile, we haul cargo several times a week. I think you made the right call.

"I saw the trade-in estimate for Sonic expired yesterday. We need to go in and update the odometer." - My husband, who has not read this thread and thus has no flipping clue what in the heck he's talking about and would just as quick reset something to kick us to the back of the line by mistake...
Yeah, I wouldnt do that until you have a vin assigned. My performance is here(at SC) and supposed to take delivery this week. I am not because I sat down with the wife and decided we will wait for the LR model Y we have locked in at 50,900. The one that we ordered MONTHS ago. I personally cant justify a 10k+ difference from a long range to a performance. (57k after tax vs 67k after tax) Not to mention the new wheels I would need for the performance because as we all know summer tires dont do good in winter weather. I am sure you have read my situation before and wish I never cancelled my trade in. I would have my LR Y by now.

Reactions: meshbiz
Just received notice that my docs are available for download. I assumed that there would be some e-signature type confirmation needed from me, but it appears it's nothing more than the agreement of sale and lemon law disclosure PDF's. Anyone who's taken delivery, am I missing something?
once you agree, the documents will become available with your signature e-signed in the places with blanks.

Funny I got the 5 seater though I do have a kid AND he's not grown...
BTW, the last forum I was super active on a LONG time ago, I was JeepingEaglesChick......I've been a Philly fan since I was 10, even flew out to Training Camp solo once in 2007 and came out to the Superbowl parade :p
This will be our only car that has more than 5 seats. We frequently have visitors for the weekend at the cabin and it will be nice to take people to dinner at our favorite spot with only taking one vehicle. Its only 25 minutes each way so not too bad even if an adult who can fit has to sit in the back. I wanted to have the option, but I suspect that the majority of the time, those seats will be down. LOL

You sign the papers when you pick up your car afaik. That's what happened with us we had a folder in the car with my name and the paperwork. Went inside signed it all and then drove off. :)

Ordered a MYLR on 7/1/21 and got sick of waiting so I ordered the MYP 3 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday.

I never cancelled my MYLR order and it currently has an Estimated Delivery of October 25 - November 14.

Posting here to see if anybody wants to take over my reservation. See attached for build details and financials.

DM me if you're interested.

FYI, this order was placed before the $1000 price hike. Looking to recoup my deposit and $500. Spoke with my SA and the transfer process is very simple. DM me if you're interested.
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 11.48.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 12.01.55 PM.png

Just noticed that new MYP deliveries are now Nov.
My source-less guess is that Fremont is switching entirely to MYP and Austin will be LR.

Why?
- estimates shot through Q4.
- what caused their demand to skyrocket? I propose demand is actually steady and they're just planning on delivering fewer LR MY in Q4. This would support the Austin ramp-up.
- the craziest Q3 push, according to Elon, is to slightly offset that decrease.
- Fremont being completely P allows them to deliver them ASAP, despite overall lower demand, to further offset the Austin ramp-up

Therefore, (downvote away), October and early November are going to be extra slow months for LR VINs for all regions.

*dodges tomatoes*