Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1631463234934.png

An hour ago... anger for no VIN.

Two minutes ago after my friend literally texts me out of the blue, "Any word on the Tesla yet I feel like I'm waiting with you. I emailed Elon you should hear something in the next two weeks, lol." I texted him back, "Nothing on my VIN yet." So in an "brace-for-disappointment" confirmation move to the website, expecting to see the same thing for three months, BAM! Its there with the blue button for Tesla Vision.

Not going to consider the 3 anymore.

Signature updated below.

View attachment 708470

Two minutes ago after my friend literally texts me out of the blue, "Any word on the Tesla yet I feel like I'm waiting with you. I emailed Elon you should hear something in the next two weeks, lol." I texted him back, "Nothing on my VIN yet." So in an "brace-for-disappointment" confirmation move to the website, expecting to see the same thing for three months, BAM! Its there with the blue button for Tesla Vision.

Signature updated below.
Wow, that must’ve been one hell of an email. Lol

View attachment 708470

Signature updated below.
It’s so exciting when it finally happens!! Ours was fully unexpected too, so it was very shocking and exciting. Congratulations!! Sundays are for VINs!!

Wow- it sounds like you got a great deal. I’ve done a bit of looking and the prices I’m seeing for PPF professional install in the Seattle area are quite a bit higher than that. Can you share where you got yours done?
Prices seem high. Locally, I can get (and have gotten) premium 3M branded PPF for the front bumper, partial hood and fenders, door edges, door cups and mirrors for $750 - Installed by a professional. This "driveprotected" place wants ~$350 just for an unbranded pre-cut piece of film! Am I missing something?

Just made the tough decision to delay delivery. Decided to hold off till 1/1/2022 for the EV credit, granted I am taking a risk it never passes or the Tesla ends up not being part of the credit. Already been waiting 3 months, waiting another 3 months for $8,000 bucks worth it for me.

OD 7/13 - was scheduled for Sept 25-30.
That was one of the main reasons why I put a hold on my order before. At this point, though, I’m very skeptical that it happens, given that even the swing Democrats (Manchin etc.) don’t seem all that likely to support it. It’d be great if it happens though.

Wow- it sounds like you got a great deal. I’ve done a bit of looking and the prices I’m seeing for PPF professional install in the Seattle area are quite a bit higher than that. Can you share where you got yours done?
@SuperchargEDD “Advanceed Tint” in Renton Highlands on Sunset. The PPF was done to a Subaru a year or so ago; today’s price is $800 for all of that. Just had Alex (the owner) tint my Plaid with 3M Ceramic IR - 35% all around (sides and rear) for $500 OTD. Tell Alex John B (recent Plaid job) sent you his way!

@SuperchargEDD “Advanceed Tint” in Renton Highlands on Sunset. The PPF was done to a Subaru a year or so ago; today’s price is $800 for all of that. Just had Alex (the owner) tint my Plaid with 3M Ceramic IR - 35% all around (sides and rear) for $500 OTD. Tell Alex John B (recent Plaid job) sent you his way!
Awesome - thanks for the recommendation! Still got probably 3+ months until I take delivery, but I'm saving the info :)

That was one of the main reasons why I put a hold on my order before. At this point, though, I’m very skeptical that it happens, given that even the swing Democrats (Manchin etc.) don’t seem all that likely to support it. It’d be great if it happens though.
Overall the cost of it is pretty small compared to other items that they will focus on trying to reduce. The union thing will disappear and the potentially some of the income limits but the rest will stay as written is my guess/hope.