Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same exact build as mine. Mine says NOV2-22..... HOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoa - and here I thought I was frustrated by order dates after me getting the exact same car I ordered before me (am I even making sense anymore?!?), but you have a 5/5 profile completion date?? That sucks!
Have you talked to anyone from Tesla about your order? (Of course, that isn’t always helpful either) Sorry about your excruciatingly long wait!

Performance get delivered fast! Last one I saw as 21 days from order to VIN.
Noticed you’re in VT. Where do you live? I was there from 2015 until 2020. We lived in Middlebury and Colchester, and I worked in Castleton for the first two years. I almost pulled the trigger on a Tesla before we left. The EfficiencyVT and GMP rebates were very good. The model 3 was the only option in my budget at that point though, and it lost a lot of range in cold temperatures. I’m now in Wisconsin, which is colder than Vermont in the winter, and it’s a bigger state - so I’m glad I held off for a Y.

Here you go, here is my EDD date history starting from around the start of the august.
Thank you for this. I have seen similar pattern in last few days for me.

Thank you for your thoughts. I have an electric power washer and foam cannon attachment. I have at least 50 microfiber towels for use on only cars. I learned a lot of useful info from the professional detailers on YouTube.
You’ll also want to get some kind of PPF or ceramic on the front-end if you care about exterior details. The Tesla clear coat is soft.

So I ordered a Model Y long range back in June thinking it would be good enough. Then I decided to test drive a MYP (mistake :))and couldn't decide between the two so placed a second order for a MYP at the end of August. It turns out both cars came in the same day. I test drove them once again and decided to accept delivery on the MYP and cancel my LR order (hopefully someone will get the VIN re-assigned to them today) :)

I spent the last couple hours or so driving around it and it's perfect! I think the suspension is exactly what I wanted (I'm used to sporty type cars). I was worried it would be too bumpy / rough on the Chicago roads but so far, it's not bad at all. I bought some 19 inch t sport zone TSV wheels + tires which I'm planning on putting on the car for the winter. Interestingly, the car felt really fast during the test drive but I'm already kind of used to it so I'm glad I went with the P over the LR + AB. I put in the 3D Maxpider mats and the Tesla mud flaps (car didn't come with them).

Anyway, thank you everyone for keeping me sane during the waiting period. I hope you all get your cars ASAP. It's absolutely worth the wait once you get it.
I have an order in for a MYLR with EDD of Nov 24- Dec 14. I got to thinking I should try the performance in the meantime, but that was when it was delivering in 3-4 weeks. Now it seems the earliest delivery is November for the P so it would probably be coming around the same time as the LR I already have an order for. Nonetheless I scheduled an overnight test drive for this Saturday. It does make my decision a little harder since a lot of the appeal was getting into the car sooner.

What tipped the scale for you in deciding to get the P over the LY?

Hi all - can I change the name on the order to that of my spouse? Created a bit of an issue because the order is in my name and the loan will be in my spouses name. For any rate match to occur, the names need to match and hence this question. Anyone experienced with doing this?

I have an order in for a MYLR with EDD of Nov 24- Dec 14. I got to thinking I should try the performance in the meantime, but that was when it was delivering in 3-4 weeks. Now it seems the earliest delivery is November for the P so it would probably be coming around the same time as the LR I already have an order for. Nonetheless I scheduled an overnight test drive for this Saturday. It does make my decision a little harder since a lot of the appeal was getting into the car sooner.

What tipped the scale for you in deciding to get the P over the LY?
The P overall felt more ‘punchy’ to me and I loved the feel of the 0-60 acceleration in the P vs the LR. I also spent a lot of time over the summer driving my odyssey which has a very ‘cloud like’ suspension. I missed the tighter suspension of my prior cars (most recently had a BMW X3 m40i). In my test drives of the P, I liked the suspension a bit more (YMMV here as I also have an s2000 which basically has no suspension). I also live in Chicago and would likely need the get a new set of 20 inch tires because the ones that come on the LR inductions aren’t great in snow. For the P I ordered a set of 19 inch tsportline TSV tires (they had a Labor Day sale which made that decision easier) and will probably sell the ubers when I get them. All in, it was about a $5k delta (when factoring in the sale of the ubers and the fact that I know I would but the AB option in the LR). That seemed worth it to me. I also thought I would have regrets not getting it :)

I think both are great/fast cars and you can’t go wrong either way. I just felt like the P was a better fit for me.

Reactions: Wigan and BitJam
Hello my name is Watermelon and I have a bad addiction and it is getting worse. I though I would be on here less and stop checking my account after I got my VIN but it has not worked out so well. I am obsessively checking.... waiting for one of those pesky West Coast VIN Reassigners. So far so good, still estimated September 26 - 29. Someone said somewhere on here that your SA can see your MY during transportation.... is that true?

Hello my name is Watermelon and I have a bad addiction and it is getting worse. I though I would be on here less and stop checking my account after I got my VIN but it has not worked out so well. I am obsessively checking.... waiting for one of those pesky West Coast VIN Reassigners. So far so good, still estimated September 26 - 29. Someone said somewhere on here that your SA can see your MY during transportation.... is that true?

I think I saw someone post a number you can call (search it) to check where it's at. I also noticed that as the date got closer the SA could see an estimated delivery date that was different than what I saw in the portal. I expect that's probably when it was expected to be delivered to their dealership.

Hi all - can I change the name on the order to that of my spouse? Created a bit of an issue because the order is in my name and the loan will be in my spouses name. For any rate match to occur, the names need to match and hence this question. Anyone experienced with doing this?
You can contact you Sales Associate (SA) and they should be able to make this change before your car gets registered.

Reactions: turrmoil