Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all. Just jumped in to the EV world. Ordered the long range MY Sep 8th. Initial delivery estimate is Jan '22.
Eh, Jan, Feb, Mar...22, 2023, 2024...who's tracking anyway?

JK.

Cool, welcome. What's your spec? Finance type or trade in? There's a lot of good tips and tricks among the friendly folks here! Though the tips have short lifespans since Tesla changes their policies frequently.

I thought so too but wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.
It looks like all September MYLR (not MYP) orders do not have any EDD for now. At least from what I see from September thread (and my order too). Might be yours was too close to September to be affected. What that means - I do not know. Do all September and later orders go to Austin factory and they do not have any clue when it ramps up, or something else. Who knows.

For you all just about to take delivery. What was the total time from order to when you received your "firm" delivery date?
For me, from order to receiving firm delivery date was 77 days.

You might also want to check out the spreadsheet...https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/teslike-model-y-survey-order-tracker-spreadsheet.145868/

It looks like all September MYLR (not MYP) orders do not have any EDD for now. At least from what I see from September thread (and my order too). Might be yours was too close to September to be affected. What that means - I do not know. Do all September and later orders go to Austin factory and they do not have any clue when it ramps up, or something else. Who knows.
Thank you! Any insight is better than none. I do not have an SA I guess because I ordered online.

They weren't ready for me when I arrived, but quickly got everything ready in less than 10 minutes. By the time I finished looking everything over, I had to go straight back to work and didn't get to spend much time with it until late this afternoon.
View attachment 709028View attachment 709029View attachment 709056
Congratulations! I keep forgetting how amazing the refreshed black interior looks. Not regretting skipping the white one as cool as it is. Elon, bless my soul with a VIN already.

Reactions: PatrickTM
You should still have an SA reach out to you within a few days of ordering. Mine sent me an email the next day.
The SA experience varies as vastly as the EDD experience. I ordered at the showroom, and have never been contacted by an SA since that day (5/26). I went to the showroom last month to ask who my SA was, and the SA at the desk told me it didn’t really matter. So I still have no SA, even though I’m sure there is one attached to my order.

Reactions: PatrickTM and DZMY
The SA experience varies as vastly as the EDD experience. I ordered at the showroom, and have never been contacted by an SA since that day (5/26). I went to the showroom last month to ask who my SA was, and the SA at the desk told me it didn’t really matter. So I still have no SA, even though I’m sure there is one attached to my order.
My SA told me 1 week ago that I would be getting my delivery next month some time. Then I told him I had a VIN and he said "I'm excited for you".

They really don't know much more than you with your EDD "estimates". I called the tesla store (option 1 for Vehicles, 2 or Order assistance) and was routed to someone to help switch from Cash to Financing, my SA was very slow to respond. I wouldn't rely on the SA for anything around timing or order assistance.