Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
x-posting

Closely monitoring Tesla inventory across Canada, I found almost my configuration in Vancouver, British Columbia (except exterior color, but MSM was my second choice anyway). Nothing prevented me to put an order on it even being in Quebec and choosing delivery location next to me. Now I have an EDD of 19-23 September and VIN in source code. We'll see how they figure out shipping this far in that timeframe (in Canada there is no special shipping fee as everybody pays some preset destination fee on every new car regardless of the distance), but for now everything looks good and I can see the VIN in the source code (270xxx).

Doh - now I'm worried because I haven't received any text.. :/
@kjyam99 Dont worry. I didn’t receive the text either, but did receive a vin and a request to schedule my delivery late this afternoon! Renton SC delivery scheduled for Monday. Car is still in Fremont, but will arrive at SC Friday afternoon. I will likely stalk the SC to see if I can get it early!

@kjyam99 Dont worry. I didn’t receive the text either, but did receive a vin and a request to schedule my delivery late this afternoon! Renton SC delivery scheduled for Monday. Car is still in Fremont, but will arrive at SC Friday afternoon. I will likely stalk the SC to see if I can get it early!
Ok that's good to know - congrats on the Performance Y! My neighbor two doors down just got his blue Performance Y delivered last Friday. Took a ride in it and almost regretting not ordering a P...still couldn't justify paying $10k more though. :)

Reactions: BitJam
Ok that's good to know - congrats on the Performance Y! My neighbor two doors down just got his blue Performance Y delivered last Friday. Took a ride in it and almost regretting not ordering a P...still couldn't justify paying $10k more though. :)
Understood. I dropped the $10k FSD on this one, to get the P, since I have FSD in the MS Plaid, and previously on a Mod 3. Also had a boosted M3 that was great, but had always wished I had sprung for either the stealth P or M3P. Preferred the stealth P over the PUP, but they came out after I had already purchased my LR AWD boosted 3.

Been following this thread quietly. Got my delivery date for Sat 9/18 yesterday, but still don't see a VIN!
MYLR White / white
Ordered June 5
California

Just ordered a bunch of accessories too and the electrician is coming tomorrow to install the NEMA 14-50 outlet. I ordered a 14-50 from Tesla but just realized the car comes with one
Wow, never heard of getting Tesla initiated a delivery date request before getting a vin? Anyone?

Been following this thread quietly. Got my delivery date for Sat 9/18 yesterday, but still don't see a VIN!
MYLR White / white
Ordered June 5
California

Just ordered a bunch of accessories too and the electrician is coming tomorrow to install the NEMA 14-50 outlet. I ordered a 14-50 from Tesla but just realized the car comes with one
Actually, it doesn't come with a 14-50 adapter. It comes with the basic 110V and the J-1772 adapter. I had a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed and ordered the adapter as well.

MYLR White / white
Ordered June 5
California

You see your EDD, it's not delivery date for 9/18 when you don't got a vin! I'm sorry to break your news or cherry!!

Missed another one with my specs :-(
DFC40C51-94FC-4532-ABF9-50AB4028207C.png

I know I'm in the minority supporting the extra incentive for the union shops (aka Legacy) but my reasoning is for exactly what you just said! We are quite literally in a virtual waiting room because Tesla can't meet demand as it is. If any one of the Big 3 go under, it's no good for anyone! We need all of them to succeed in the EV space in order to meet Tesla's own official mission.
I agree with you that the collapse of the legacy automakers will be economically devastating. If the $4500 union bonus would avert their collapse or ease their transition to making EVs then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, the way the bill is now written, it will waste a huge amount of money and will hasten their collapse. It will be like throwing money into a burning building. One major problem is they will get rebates for making hybrid vehicles. Most hybrids are bad for the environment in addition to letting automakers avoid committing to BEVs.

Ford recently doubled their projection for F-150 Lightning production in 2024 from 40k vehicles to 80k. Even with large rebates I don't see how that production level is going to save the company. I agree with you that a massive economic tsunami is headed our way when the legacy automakers go tires-up. I don't know what to do about it. These rebates won't help them. Tesla will be by far the major beneficiary even with a lower rebate per vehicle since they sell the vast majority of EVs in the US. My only suggestion is instead of excluding Tesla from the talks and instead of trying to avoid giving rebates to Tesla, they should invite Elon Musk to the table and ask him for suggestions on how to ease the transition. There is plenty of work that needs to be done. For example we need to drastically ramp up battery production. Unfortunately, subsidizing the production of ICE vehicles (hybrids) is not part of the path forward. It will end up burying the legacy automakers and the UAW.

In World War Two the big automakers switched from making cars to making tanks and other war machinery. A similar drastic change is required now. Offering tank rebates in 1942 wouldn't have solved anything, especially if slightly armored cars were considered to be tanks. It certainly would not have resulted in the US making enough tanks.

I agree with you that the collapse of the legacy automakers will be economically devastating. If the $4500 union bonus would avert their collapse or ease their transition to making EVs then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, the way the bill is now written, it will waste a huge amount of money and will hasten their collapse. It will be like throwing money into a burning building. One major problem is they will get rebates for making hybrid vehicles. Most hybrids are bad for the environment in addition to letting automakers avoid committing to BEVs.

Ford recently doubled their projection for F-150 Lightning production in 2024 from 40k vehicles to 80k. Even with large rebates I don't see how that production level is going to save the company. I agree with you that a massive economic tsunami is headed our way when the legacy automakers go tires-up. I don't know what to do about it. These rebates won't help them. Tesla will be by far the major beneficiary even with a lower rebate per vehicle since they sell the vast majority of EVs in the US. My only suggestion is instead of excluding Tesla from the talks and instead of trying to avoid giving rebates to Tesla, they should invite Elon Musk to the table and ask him for suggestions on how to ease the transition. There is plenty of work that needs to be done. For example we need to drastically ramp up battery production. Unfortunately, subsidizing the production of ICE vehicles (hybrids) is not part of the path forward. It will end up burying the legacy automakers and the UAW.

In World War Two the big automakers switched from making cars to making tanks and other war machinery. A similar drastic change is required now. Offering tank rebates in 1942 wouldn't have solved anything, especially if slightly armored cars were considered to be tanks. It certainly would not have resulted in the US making enough tanks.
Part of the reason subsidies were attached to TSLA vehicles were to prevent TSLA going into bankruptcy. It is a new green technology incentive. Same applies to technology to reduce pollution for fossil fuel dependent industry, battery technology, solar, wind etc. However, there needs to be an economic metric to decide when to stop. That’s logic of being fiscally conservative. Now TSLA has unambiguously reached a stage where hundreds of thousands are waiting in line to get the new gadget. Many or most hopefully are able to afford it or we shouldn’t be buying a car. Tsla WILL NOT or IS NOT dependent on government handouts anymore (period). Neither should citizens be dependent on subsidies to buy Tesla. We have reached a stage where the numbers of super chargers and vehicles are substantial enough to speak for themselves. We really need to think of how to spend but do it in a fiscally conservative way. Ford GM and others need the subsidy because they have a big set of problem which is to divert their system to EV and disengage the heavy investments already made for other cars!! So just my humble opinion that continuing rebates for Tesla cars when such a huge waiting line exists isn’t fiscally responsible for US sitting on 30T in debt

Tesla should now receive subsidy directly or indirectly for activities such as BATTERY RECYCLING technology and R&D spent on getting to the next generation batteries and charging. But the consumer incentive is already played it’s role. Look at us haha :) We are willing to wait for months. Many are simply hesitant to jump now because the waiting is so long!!!!! Cost is not a factor anymore for the MYLR or S-plaid consumer. I would suggest continuing rebates for the low cost model-3 or lower but anything a live is not good imho :)

Finally joining the Tesla fam!

MY long range
7 Seat
White Exterior
White Interior
Stock Rims

Originally they said it would arrive (off of a 9/8 purchase) in Jan. Moments after purchasing and reviewing loan offer, they advised delivery would be Nov 11th - Dec 12th. Seems super reasonable given current demand.

Feel like this is going to be a long and possibly never ending journey into Tesla... took a ride in a friends MS Plaid and it was way too fast for my comfort at the time... 4.8 seconds still seems fast... im used to driving a suburban lol, going to have to get back on track with what speed feels like!