Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I picked it up late. And while still raining this morning. I have my car at home. Pretty much everything was perfect. The back left door looked ever so slightly off. I asked and they said “it was within spec” as the body lines still matched up. But it runs great! Took about 40 miles to calibrate the autopilot. Smooth sailing! The juice is definitely worth the squeeze! Put in 3D maxpider mats inside and a more tesmania trunk all weather mat. And installed the tesmanian mud flaps front and back no issues!
Congrats! Planning on PPF and/or a ceramic coat at all?

For anyone curious about Tesla financing… I just got off the line with a rep who switched my status from financing to cash, and once I get my VIN I will switch back & resubmit for loan approval. My current finance offer will expire any day now (almost 60 days since approval) and didn’t wanna run the risk of them having to run my credit now, and then a 3rd time if by chance I reach another 60 days. He assured me switching to cash won’t cause me to lose my spot in line. Currently still showing the same EDD.

Wish I knew this was an option before I ordered (re: ordering as cash then switching to finance once VIN is received) bc I definitely would’ve spared my credit report of being hit multiple times.

For anyone curious about Tesla financing… I just got off the line with a rep who switched my status from financing to cash, and once I get my VIN I will switch back & resubmit for loan approval. My current finance offer will expire any day now (almost 60 days since approval) and didn’t wanna run the risk of them having to run my credit now, and then a 3rd time if by chance I reach another 60 days. He assured me switching to cash won’t cause me to lose my spot in line. Currently still showing the same EDD.

Wish I knew this was an option before I ordered (re: ordering as cash then switching to finance once VIN is received) bc I definitely would’ve spared my credit report of being hit multiple times.
I'm in the same boat and wish I had paid attention to the forums before ordering. I don't want to switch to cash though so maybe I can just request they not re-run credit until I get a VIN.

Have you seen pictures? Or post one? Those are the only pictures I saw. Im very intrigued on what the change is.
The picture you found of the upcoming revised design is spot on. It's just your picture of the current design that's outdated. Your photo of current design is actually an old photo with the old center console.

Here's a photo of the current design if you take delivery today:
Current design.JPG

New upcoming design, that'll be implemented at some point in the future:
New design.JPG

I'm in the same boat and wish I had paid attention to the forums before ordering. I don't want to switch to cash though so maybe I can just request they not re-run credit until I get a VIN.
That was one of the lessons I learned in my months of OCD reviewing these forums. I ordered originally 2/14, and never progressed past "Registration" details. On Feb 18 I joined these forms and started reading all I could. Reading on here about ordering as CASH and then switch to finance once you have a VIN is something I learned prior to taking my order of Hold on 6/4 and finalizing my profile.

My seeming VERY long journey started in April of 2016 when I placed a deposit on the Model 3 just after they opened up pre-orders. Timing wasn't right when my order came up and I cancelled. I was happy when the MY was announced, and now here I am years later scheduled to pick up my MY tomorrow @ 11am PT. I almost can't believe it but at the same time am prepared for the "day of call" that I need to delay delivery. Only positive thoughts though!!! 🤞🤞🤞

That was one of the lessons I learned in my months of OCD reviewing these forums. I ordered originally 2/14, and never progressed past "Registration" details. On Feb 18 I joined these forms and started reading all I could. Reading on here about ordering as CASH and then switch to finance once you have a VIN is something I learned prior to taking my order of Hold on 6/4 and finalizing my profile.

My seeming VERY long journey started in April of 2016 when I placed a deposit on the Model 3 just after they opened up pre-orders. Timing wasn't right when my order came up and I cancelled. I was happy when the MY was announced, and now here I am years later scheduled to pick up my MY tomorrow @ 11am PT. I almost can't believe it but at the same time am prepared for the "day of call" that I need to delay delivery. Only positive thoughts though!!! 🤞🤞🤞

I didn't think there was much I could learn so I paid no attention at all to these threads before finally converting a very old MY reservation. I was wrong, much like anyone else who thinks they "know it all"

The picture you found of the upcoming revised design is spot on. It's just your picture of the current design that's outdated. Your photo of current design is actually an old photo with the old center console.

Here's a photo of the current design if you take delivery today:View attachment 710106
New upcoming design, that'll be implemented at some point in the future:
View attachment 710108
I see the change in the door - anything else

Yeah I completely understand your hesitance. Believe me when I say I asked him “are you sure” at least 3 times after he said I won’t lose my place lol

Idk this for sure, but I highly doubt they can extend the finance approval pass 60 days. Never hurts to ask tho

I had to unfortunately refuse delivery. Do I go back to end of queue or does Tesla try to match me again sooner. I am really hoping to get the model y but end of sept if possible.
I posted about this a couple of days ago but when you've had a VIN and either rejected or became unavailable for delivery, they will rematch you to a VIN within a few weeks. You are essentially on some sort of "priority waitlist" to be reassigned to a car