Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well given the amount of time we guys wait we don’t really complain despite this being such an expensive investment for most. However the good thing is that majority of these aren’t significant issues. Anyways it is the extreme demand which is forcing some imperfect QC processes. The technician who was supposed to have checked probably saw it but he has to balance it between delivery time lag and the minor issue and simply pushed it off to the consumer. To this day we haven’t heard of major issues being reported by any consumers (knock on wood)
I agree they are in a rush to get the cars delivered but at the very least they should have ordered new seats instead of ignoring the problem. I’m sure Tesla will take care of him and will make it right.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
Ok I caved and went to check. The delivery center was hesitant to let me check their lot besides what was out in front, so I didn't push my luck.

However, I knew where the overflow lot was and my wife and I went to check there next "on the way to get gas at Costco"

....and there it was!!!! Covered in dirt but still there. And interestingly, without tow hitch. My learning from this is that tow hitch installation appears to be done at the delivery center. Which translates to it not impacting delivery timing, and that there is no truth to the hitch being installed at the factory being better because of additional wiring harness being included vs when you add it on after the fact

Does anyone know if i change wheels to induction (original order gemini) would cause any delay. I am nowhere near VIN with current EDD 12/3-12/23 for over two weeks. Looking at a MY in our neighborhood, dark induction wheels looked good on MSM.
Should be completely irrelevant now. They can’t plan production to every car this far away

What is 20 miles?

Speed > 20 miles
Unsure what you mean. The P is way more expensive than the LR and it's essentially pointless. Unless you are drag racing no one will use the additional speed of the P. But it's $7,000 more correct? Therefore, I'd rather have mileage over speed I will never use. I rarely drive over 75mph to begin with and most of my driving is 25-55mph. All the Teslas already accelerate faster than 99% of other cars on the road.

There is a reason why the LR is 4-5 month wait and the P is a 1-2 month wait :D

Reactions: BitJam
Unsure what you mean. The P is way more expensive than the LR and it's essentially pointless. Unless you are drag racing no one will use the additional speed of the P. But it's $7,000 more correct? Therefore, I'd rather have mileage over speed I will never use. I rarely drive over 75mph to begin with and most of my driving is 25-55mph.

Some people place value on additional horsepower. Some people don’t. It’s all good! It’s not worth it to me, so I didn’t buy it. Tesla has allocated their production in such a way that allows Performance orders to get delivered very quickly, and that makes total sense from a business perspective in a supply constrained environment. Does not make as much sense from a customer service perspective, but that’s just my opinion.

The Model Y Performance clearly is not ”essentially pointless” because many people love it, and are willing to pay $7k more for it. Hell, a lot of people would be willing to pay a lot more than $7k for the additional power, wheels, suspension, etc.

Ok, made my drive back home and was able to spend the day with the car today. Overall very happy with the car. Drives great, tech is great, audio is great.

Paint and gaps are perfect. I can't find any gaps that look far enough out for me to notice without really really looking. The paint is great, no blemishes, chips or any issues.

The steering wheel is maybe 3 degrees off. Just a little and maybe enough to annoy me, but I forget about it until I get in the cat again. I'll get that fixed when I go into service for some reason.

The interior is mainly in really nice shape. But I have a few issues.

1. It looks like the roof come with a plastic covering to protect it. A little of it is left in a corner and I can't get it off. I am going to use an exacto knife to remove it.

View attachment 711056

2. My largest issue is that after the car was made, the rear seats were put flat pressing the seatbelt between the back and bottom of the seats. There is a belt stain everywhere the belt was pressed in. This is in the 3rd mostly, but on a 2nd row seat also. I have tried baby wipes, alcohol and soap. Nothing even removes a little bit of it.

View attachment 711057
View attachment 711058

3. There is a stain in the headliner. Maybe where the tech touched it with a dirty hand? We haven't tried to clean it yet. Maybe steam and Oxyclean to get it out.
View attachment 711059

4. Now this is not a delivery issue as much as just information as a person coming from a proper 3 row SUV. Its not easy to fit my 7/5 year olds back there. I have to steal room from the 1st and 2nd row to give them room so their feet aren't smooshed. My my HL, the 1st and 2nd row have plenty of row and the 3rd row has good leg room. The HL is 11 inches longer than the Y. But I am really wondering how long until my kids stop fitting back there. So if you are like me and that 3rd row is really important, you might want to think about the $3k cost of that 3rd row since its not really a proper 3rd row.

View attachment 711060
View attachment 711061
For the stuff sticking out of the headliner, yeah, it’s the protective covering/masking tape. We had a couple in ours and I was afraid to pull it off. SA came and pulled and they came off. They tape the roof before putting the headliner so it’s tucked in good.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ok, made my drive back home and was able to spend the day with the car today. Overall very happy with the car. Drives great, tech is great, audio is great.

Paint and gaps are perfect. I can't find any gaps that look far enough out for me to notice without really really looking. The paint is great, no blemishes, chips or any issues.

The steering wheel is maybe 3 degrees off. Just a little and maybe enough to annoy me, but I forget about it until I get in the cat again. I'll get that fixed when I go into service for some reason.

The interior is mainly in really nice shape. But I have a few issues.

1. It looks like the roof come with a plastic covering to protect it. A little of it is left in a corner and I can't get it off. I am going to use an exacto knife to remove it.

View attachment 711056

2. My largest issue is that after the car was made, the rear seats were put flat pressing the seatbelt between the back and bottom of the seats. There is a belt stain everywhere the belt was pressed in. This is in the 3rd mostly, but on a 2nd row seat also. I have tried baby wipes, alcohol and soap. Nothing even removes a little bit of it.

View attachment 711057
View attachment 711058

3. There is a stain in the headliner. Maybe where the tech touched it with a dirty hand? We haven't tried to clean it yet. Maybe steam and Oxyclean to get it out.
View attachment 711059

4. Now this is not a delivery issue as much as just information as a person coming from a proper 3 row SUV. Its not easy to fit my 7/5 year olds back there. I have to steal room from the 1st and 2nd row to give them room so their feet aren't smooshed. My my HL, the 1st and 2nd row have plenty of row and the 3rd row has good leg room. The HL is 11 inches longer than the Y. But I am really wondering how long until my kids stop fitting back there. So if you are like me and that 3rd row is really important, you might want to think about the $3k cost of that 3rd row since its not really a proper 3rd row.

View attachment 711060
View attachment 711061
Glad you’ve taken it home, and are able to do a thorough inspection. Great observations about the 3rd row!

In terms of the issues, I have heard that Tesla have in the past replaced the entire seat unit for the “seatbelt dents” as well as taken out and replaced the entire headliner for stubborn stains that just won’t come out. I have no idea how or who is handling them with insanely greasy hands during the assembly process.

I have a VIN and a delivery appointment for Thursday! My EDD for my July 21st order was 10/31-11/20, but I "cheated" by snagging an inventory car this afternoon. Same specs except an upgrade to 7-seater, which I wanted anyway but not bad enough to head to the back of the line via a config change on my original order. Quick flight to Chicago Thursday morning with some COVID travel credits I have piled up, and drive home after taking care of some business I needed to do, anyway, but have been putting off.

I learned that Tesla-Info isn't the way. By the time it appears there, it's too late. So I setup Distill alerts direct to tesla.com/inventory for zip codes within a 1 day drive from me (Denver, Kansas City, Chicago). This afternoon a white on white MYLR7 popped up and I was on it within 30 seconds. 2 hours later, and I'm setting up the delivery appointment with the SA in Chicago. Be warned: you have 3 days to pickup an inventory car. They don't bend much on this, as they can sell it to someone who will be there in another 30 seconds.

Well team, hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday!

I have officially taken my order “off hold” today. Mainly because the new order EDD is now March, and I will need this car as a second car in the household around late January. Went to the Natick Mall Tesla store, and worked with Miguel to complete my profile. Set it to cash for now. I’m a troublesome customer because I’m active duty mil stationed in MA, but I’m a resident of WA and will be registering my car in WA for the sales tax exemption. Will be taking delivery in Mt Kisco, NY to also avoid MA sales tax (even though I’m not registering in MA, MA will charge sales tax for any vehicle sold/delivered inside state borders). Maybe I feel a tiny bit of guilt that I’m trying to get out of paying any and all state sales tax, but then again, these are reasonable and legal options I’m pursuing and I’ve dedicated my entire adult life to the Air Force so far, and any reasonable person probably should take all the tax breaks they are eligible for.

My SA originally told me several months ago they’ll assign my DC as Paramus, NJ, but due to obvious reasons they’re trying to provide some relief to the staff at that particular DC and surrounding DCs in that region. I will also need to follow up with my SA to get my final balance corrected, since it’s currently showing sales tax being charged. Weirdly, my EDD immediately came up when my profile was fully completed, and it said “October”. Assuming they mean October 2021 (next month), I’ll have to give up that VIN should it come that soon. I’m going to take that October EDD with a humongous grain of salt and expect it to push back significantly over the coming months.

I have heard stories from folks here that they got a VIN extremely quickly after taking their order off hold. I’ve also heard from some folks here that they were put in the back of the production queue after taking their order off hold. We’ll see which boat I fall in, and will update everyone here. Grab some popcorn ‘cause I’m off to the races!

Unsure what you mean. The P is way more expensive than the LR and it's essentially pointless. Unless you are drag racing no one will use the additional speed of the P. But it's $7,000 more correct? Therefore, I'd rather have mileage over speed I will never use. I rarely drive over 75mph to begin with and most of my driving is 25-55mph. All the Teslas already accelerate faster than 99% of other cars on the road.

The reason the wait is longer is because tesla prioritizes the faster (and more profitable) car. But even if it's faster then most cars it's still not faster then the P versions. I want the most power available both for fun and for getting out of sticky situations. There is a reason the Plaid exists and it's not because everyone loves going to the track.

More powaa === more fun

Plus if you get smaller rims you get most of that range back lol 😆

Reactions: PatrickTM
Does anyone know if i change wheels to induction (original order gemini) would cause any delay. I am nowhere near VIN with current EDD 12/3-12/23 for over two weeks. Looking at a MY in our neighborhood, dark induction wheels looked good on MSM.
Configuration change is a serious matter, no matter how far you are from projected EDD; your position in line will get scrambled for sure, you are in good position, better not to touch the build. I would think about other alternatives like sell on eBay for some loss and get induction or any off market wheels.

Even after Berlin or Austin join the production, Tesla is unlikely to meet the ever growing demand, semiconductor shortage is going to last couple of months more.

Well team, hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday!

I have officially taken my order “off hold” today. Mainly because the new order EDD is now March, and I will need this car as a second car in the household around late January. Went to the Natick Mall Tesla store, and worked with Miguel to complete my profile. Set it to cash for now. I’m a troublesome customer because I’m active duty mil stationed in MA, but I’m a resident of WA and will be registering my car in WA for the sales tax exemption. Will be taking delivery in Mt Kisco, NY to also avoid MA sales tax (even though I’m not registering in MA, MA will charge sales tax for any vehicle sold/delivered inside state borders). Maybe I feel a tiny bit of guilt that I’m trying to get out of paying any and all state sales tax, but then again, these are reasonable and legal options I’m pursuing and I’ve dedicated my entire adult life to the Air Force so far, and any reasonable person probably should take all the tax breaks they are eligible for.

My SA originally told me several months ago they’ll assign my DC as Paramus, NJ, but due to obvious reasons they’re trying to provide some relief to the staff at that particular DC and surrounding DCs in that region. I will also need to follow up with my SA to get my final balance corrected, since it’s currently showing sales tax being charged. Weirdly, my EDD immediately came up when my profile was fully completed, and it said “October”. Assuming they mean October 2021 (next month), I’ll have to give up that VIN should it come that soon. I’m going to take that October EDD with a humongous grain of salt and expect it to push back significantly over the coming months.

I have heard stories from folks here that they got a VIN extremely quickly after taking their order off hold. I’ve also heard from some folks here that they were put in the back of the production queue after taking their order off hold. We’ll see which boat I fall in, and will update everyone here. Grab some popcorn ‘cause I’m off to the races!
We got the exact same build and pickup location ... and if your SA is right same month of delivery (if mine pans out) ... welcome !!

Configuration change is a serious matter, no matter how far you are from projected EDD; your position in line will get scrambled for sure, you are in good position, better not to touch the build. I would think about other alternatives like sell on eBay for some loss and get induction or any off market wheels.

Even after Berlin or Austin join the production, Tesla is unlikely to meet the ever growing demand, semiconductor shortage is going to last couple of months more.
Feb/Mar should be ok. will check with my SA, she is pretty responsive to text. I am not in a rush now, as I recently got an odyssey (couldn’t manage through December waiting around for MYLR (not inclined to get MYP), and needed a 7 seater anyway)

My current EDD is Nov 2- 22.

I went to the SC yesterday as I had to do something near by. He looked up something on his screen and told I might get the VIN around Nov 6th. There was an extra row in his screen that we do not see in our profile. I just saw the date in his screen, but dont remember the exact name of that row.

So I guess they have a bit more info than us.

I also saw a delivery truck unloading the cars (Few MYs, M3s, MS).
Just checked my EDD today and it moved up- It is not Oct 22-Nov 11. Small victories.

Hope it doesn't go back again.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego