Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I looked at Turo as well and it wasn’t a big different relative to the rental car agencies.
Oh wow. Maybe they have jacked up their prices too. It was pretty cheap when I needed it for a driver's test. Wasn't risking my brand new Rav on a brand new newbie driver, so I rented a prius lol.
On another occasion, a CLA class Mercedes cost me like $130 a day, when I rented it for a weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: PatrickTM
EDD update! My first EDD update.
From a generic "October" to it being gone completely. Anticlimactic. With a May order, being on hold for months, and having just removed hold and completed profile, I kinda figured that generic "October" was too good to be true, and would refresh at some point. March, here we come!
Wish there is a sobbing reaction to posts......

Reactions: collaGOunltd
That sounds a bit scary..... 😳
Actually my grandfather always carried a knife wherever he went, it was a tool he couldn't (or at least wouldn't) do without. When he was bored he'd pull it out and start whittling on a piece of wood. He never once used it as a weapon. It's not my thing, I never carry a knife, but I get it. As it happens, I inherited one of my grandfather's favorite knives when he died. It sits on a shelf in a box, I get it out every now and again when I want to remember him.

Actually my grandfather always carried a knife wherever he went, it was a tool he couldn't (or at least wouldn't) do without. When he was bored he'd pull it out and start whittling on a piece of wood. He never once used it as a weapon. It's not my thing, I never carry a knife, but I get it. As it happens, I inherited one of my grandfather's favorite knives when he died. It sits on a shelf in a box, I get it out every now and again when I want to remember him.
Awww that's sad and sweet at the same time. I was just messing with you. I think a good number of men probably carry a pocket knife around. Doesn't have to be weaponized.

Same here. EDD been 11/11-12/1 for a while, but my SA is confident we will get by the end of October … like originally was when we ordered. So we will see 😊
My order date is 7/26 and I have the same config as you except 19” wheels. My EDD has been 11/15-12/05 for a while. My SA spooked me by saying she hopes I get it by the end of the year. I like your SA’s confidence!

• Funny
Reactions: Sunriserocks
They are YSM-919 TURBINE Gunmetal with Machined Face Wheels by INOVIT®. 20" x 9" with LX-TWENTY Tires (LXST202040010) by LEXANI®. 255/40ZR20. Wheels are very well prices, and light so I went with them. Wheels are lower quality, budget all seasons, but had good reviews on crossovers. Thoughts I’d wing it and see.
Thank you sir! How/where did you get these installed? The “how” in the question is mostly about the TPMS - I’m having a heck of a time figuring out how (and where by me) to coordinate swapping the wheels/tires.
Any idea if the wheel/tire packages at TireRack are any good and if anyone’s used their service to have them install the TPMS and wheels?

;;;
Thank you sir! How/where did you get these installed? The “how” in the question is mostly about the TPMS - I’m having a heck of a time figuring out how (and where by me) to coordinate swapping the wheels/tires.
Any idea if the wheel/tire packages at TireRack are any good and if anyone’s used their service to have them install the TPMS and wheels?
There are several sources for the proprietary Tesla TPMS sensors, tirerack is one source as it happens. Tesla dealerships are another. I've only ever ordered tires from tirerack, but they've been great for tires in my experience.

So I'm still stuck at 10/17-11/6, but I'm hit with a conundrum. The MYLR is replacing my 2018 Highlander, which I had been getting sale price estimates from CarMax for $36k-$38k depending on the week. Tesla's trade in estimates have fluctuated between $32k-$34k. However, when I checked CarMax just now, the estimate is up to $42k, which seems kind of nuts given I bought the car for around $46k and have put 20k miles on it 🤷‍♂️. I'm not sure if CarMax is good about honoring the estimates they give online, but I'm almost tempted to sell and rent a sedan for a month or so, which looks like it'll cost ~$1200.

Dilemma here is the very likely scenario of my EDD getting continuously pushed and having to spend more and more on rentals 😭
I just sold my 2017 Highlander to CarMax (today) and they honored the online quote. I was on the same fence and decided to sell to them rather than trade in to Tesla. Process took about an hour and I had a check in hand when I walked out the door.

Last edited:
Was able to take delivery today! It was a home delivery even though I selected pickup at first. Window was 12-4pm, but no sign of the car at 4. I contacted my SA and she said they deliver until they are done with all the cars scheduled for that day.

I heard a quiet "whirrrr" noise at around 5pm and there aren't any other Teslas on my street. I went down and saw the guy drop off the vehicle.

Got to go over the car and play around with it at 5:30pm as I was getting bit by those stupid ankle biter mosquitoes in my area.

Unfortunately there are some issues.
  1. Front headlight has a gap with a panel that the other side does not have.
  2. Rear tail light has a gap with the trunk that the other side does not have.
  3. Driver side pillar column thing has a wider gap than passenger side.
  4. A plastic cover fell off of the second row seat adjustment handles (I have a 3rd row).
  5. Definitely some low frequency noises/boominess coming from the rear of the vehicle.
  6. Some other miscellaneous things.
But overall I'm happy with the car!! I have a service appt for the 14th of October (yikes!). I've made some of the adjustments to the trunk stoppers and the low frequency noises/boominess has improved a bit, but not all the way. I've only got 30 miles on it though so there's literally been no break in period yet. 😂

For the past several weeks, the Tesla website has said my EDD for a MYLR would be sometime in late December to January.

Suddenly tonight, I got an email asking me to pay my balance. When I go to my account, it no longer has an EDD. It just has a blue button labeled "Proceed With Delivery". I am shocked! I only ordered the MYLR less than 4 weeks ago. I assumed I would have 3-4 more months of waiting, so I have not even installed a charging connection or made arrangements for financing or insurance! The website has never listed a VIN (even a hidden one).

What happens when I click the wonderful Big Blue Button? Do I then get a more accurate delivery date or does that not happen until I make the final payment? How long do I get to make the payment from when I click the button? If I don't click the button right away, do they give my vehicle to someone else? Should I wait to click the button until I have the money in hand to make the payment? I know I should talk to my SA, but frankly it is almost impossible to talk to anyone at the local Tesla showroom without going down there.

I would appreciate advice on the best way to proceed from here. I have read stories on this forum about people who were not ready for the offered delivery date and then they lost their place in line. But if I click the button, I will not be able to pay until 4 or 5 at the earliest.

I knew that Tesla would be pushing to get their numbers up at the end of quarter, but the best I hoped for was end the the fourth quarter in December. It seems impossible to imagine only four weeks from ordering to delivery for a LR.

VIN baby!!!

280,XXX

Got the email at 1:00am PST to make payment.

Did you get a VIN after you clicked the button? Do you have to make payment when you click the button or does that just confirm that you want to go ahead with the order? Did they give you a delivery date after you clicked?

People in Fremont are working late tonight to get end of quarter deliveries out the door. I am thrilled to do my part to help Tesla beat Q3 delivery estimates!

I couldn't resist. I clicked the blue button. II have a VIN and an estimated delivery date of September 23-28. They are asking for bank account information for the payment. Is this normal? Does this mean they will initiate an ACH bank transfer for payment? I expected I would need to bring a certified check. It says that they will keep my bank account information on file for future transactions, which makes me nervous.

Did you get a VIN after you clicked the button? Do you have to make payment when you click the button or does that just confirm that you want to go ahead with the order? Did they give you a delivery date after you clicked?

People in Fremont are working late tonight to get end of quarter deliveries out the door. I am thrilled to do my part to help Tesla beat Q3 delivery estimates!
Sorry I didn't see this in time but it sees you went for it anyway! I clicked the blue button to see the VIN. I now have to switch to 3rd party financing.

Sorry I didn't see this in time but it sees you went for it anyway! I clicked the blue button to see the VIN. I now have to switch to 3rd party financing.
Thanks. I was just way too curious. Now I have to persuade my wife that its a good idea to go ahead with it. I put down the deposit to hold a slot since deliveries were not coming for 4 or 5 months. Suddenly after only 4 weeks the moment of decision is here!