Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW on Insurance. Story in the news said $500/mo for NY. Quote from Farmers here in SoCal, multi car and three houses with Farmers, retired, no accidents, no tickets and $150 / mo just on the MYLR. Just WOW.
Odd. Across the river in NJ; State Farm's charging about $520 or so for six months a clip. Where are you in NY? The world's highest ever crime district with street parking?
Back when the M3 was newish in 2018, there were reports in CA that certain insurers were sure that M3 LR and M3 P's were sports cars, like Lamborghinis or something, and charged appropriately. Other insurers were Much More Sane, and it's thought that Tesla's forays into insurance was induced by ridiculously high insurance rates.
Moral: Shop around, for sure.

For #4 - what does that look like? I'm not entirely sure what that means but would like to check my steering wheel. Also, have you noticed any kind of low frequency rumbling/boominess from bumps in the road? I'm not sure if I'm being too sensitive to it, but I know others have complained about it. Mine doesn't seem super bad though, but it's there. Our M3 doesn't have the same noises.
The first and easiest check for that type of vibration is the alignment. I have no idea if it's normal because I've never driven a MY, but what you're describing fits closest with the front wheels being toed out (like this: \ / if driving up the page). An alignment can fix that. Tesla should check that free of charge.

Reactions: PatrickTM
So many VINs today! What a whirlwind. I was driving all day to upstate NY. We hit a gas station desert around the PA/NY border and I legit had range anxiety. I even drafted a truck for like 20 miles. When we filled up I realized we actually had over 3 gallons of fuel left (~90 miles) but the indicator was past E.

Once we rolled up to the gas station I turned to my wife and said "The irony of us having range anxiety in a gas vehicle while we have an EV on order." But we made it. And I REALLY want adaptive cruise control.

Just a question guys:
You guys post a lot of DCU low rates for a loan... Do you need an special credit score for that?
I mean more that 750 I guess in order to obtain that kind of rate right?
I just applied for a loan with DCU and was approved in under an hour, at 1.49% w/ direct deposit + 0.25% discount for an EV, which gets me to 1.24%. My credit is good (800+, no CC debt) but per the rep I spoke to on the phone, what is a bigger determinant once you're above 700 is the total debt you're carrying. The assumption is, if you're in the 700+ range you're doing a good job with payments, so it's more a function of how you're managing your DTI ratio.

So it happened! I have my new model Y in my possession! The process was easy, smooth and I was driving out 45 minutes after I walked in.

I was greeted by one person who helped me sign in with the QR code. We located my car together and then I was handed off to a young woman who help me complete the delivery process. She was very excited for me… and also for herself! She ordered an MY 2 weeks ago and is looking at a March delivery.

I did a couple of walk arounds, checked all the doors and gaps, tested all of the electric usb outlets, messed with the seats, tested the climate control system, played music, and tested the lights. The cameras worked and I tested sentry mode.

We synced my phone and the card keys and we made sure the walk away lock worked. She stayed away with my phone and I tested that the card key worked to get in the car and start it.

I had to sign my name a few times, give them my bank check + a credit card (I changed my registration from transferring from my ICE car to a new registration so I owed a few more dollars).

The car had 88% charge and 7 miles on it. I wanted to test the supercharger and my delivery rep said that I couldn’t right there but she told me they used a supercharger to pump it up.

one weird thing: when I was in the trunk, I used the switches to put the seats down. When I pushed the seats back up, there was a plastic fastener on the backseat but I could not tell where it came from. I showed it to the delivery rep and she took it inside to the technician who set up my car. He told her a fastener had fallen out of his pocket and he couldn’t find it and was glad that she gave it to him because now he knew where it was.
Congratulations 🍾🎉

I just applied for a loan with DCU and was approved in under an hour, at 1.49% w/ direct deposit + 0.25% discount for an EV, which gets me to 1.24%. My credit is good (800+, no CC debt) but per the rep I spoke to on the phone, what is a bigger determinant once you're above 700 is the total debt you're carrying. The assumption is, if you're in the 700+ range you're doing a good job with payments, so it's more a function of how you're managing your DTI ratio.
If you already agrees to the loan that Tesla arranged can you pull out of that and go elsewhere? Are are you stuck once you agree? I just refreshed my Tesla provided loan few days back when it expired. The interest rate is the routine 2.49% but curious if we can pull out and go elsewhere?

Got VIN.... OMG.... After 145 Days of wait.... I got VIN and delivery tomorrow 2pm...
1632542032775.gif