Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely. I was with AAA for approx. 35 years and same thing happened on my Model 3. Rep actually told me, “yeah we don’t really seem to want to insure Teslas”. I ended up going with Costco which is now called Home Connect and was able to insure house and all 3 cars for less than what AAA was asking for just my cars. Same or better coverage and deductibles too.
Thank you. I just purchased CONNECT from costco.

Thank you! Strangely, they want to do home delivery on 9/30, even though I I live like 4 miles away from the Carlsbad Tesla Delivery Center. I’ll try to change that tomorrow to pick it up there on that same date.
Seems like this is due to the EoQ push. Last day of the month, of the quarter to report those deliveries. They don't want crowds at the delivery center on that day that they cannot process in time.

Seems like this is due to the EoQ push. Last day of the month, of the quarter to report those deliveries. They don't want crowds at the delivery center on that day that they cannot process in time.
I'm getting a home delivery as well. The DC said anything within a 12-14 mile radius of the Portland DC can get home delivery and anything outside of that has to make the drive to the DC.

For those of you who have been lucky enough to take delivery recently, I have a question. What software version are you rocking. Mine is terrible old (2021.11.102) and no updates have come through. Took delivery in 9/17. How long does it typically take it’s see updates? Anyone know?
(photo for attention, isn’t she pretty?!?)

Attachments

• 8A2E228C-EAC3-4C04-885E-F74981D11720.jpeg
    8A2E228C-EAC3-4C04-885E-F74981D11720.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 74
For those of you who have been lucky enough to take delivery recently, I have a question. What software version are you rocking. Mine is terrible old (2021.11.102) and no updates have come through. Took delivery in 9/17. How long does it typically take it’s see updates? Anyone know?
I've read of the vision only cars being in a sort of "update jail." It seems backwards that the newest cars would be locked out. I haven't seen anyone offer a solution besides waiting.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I've read of the vision only cars being in a sort of "update jail." It seems backwards that the newest cars would be locked out. I haven't seen anyone offer a solution besides waiting.
The only reason I even knew I wasn’t at the newest update was when I heard some people had Disney+, so I looked into it and started to read that people have all sorts of different versions of software. It’s bizarre that you can buy a brand new performance model and have a version of software that is 3-4 updates old. Come on Tesla, get your act together. Lol

Reactions: PatrickTM
@dnstommy @Dasitman

It can be found on the sticker on the windshield, if you can ask Tesla to not remove it during prep.View attachment 714768
ahhhhhh. Yeah, the DC removed that from all the cars in the lot when we went to pick up. They even removed the film on the touchscreen too. Like why can't you leave something for us to peel off, lol.

Curious, did Carvana honor the original on-line estimate or were adjustments made once they inspected?
We've done 2 trade ins with Carvana. They don't inspect anything. First time, dude comes up, starts the car, turns it off and shows paper work to sign and hands the check over then tows the car away. Second time was a couple months ago for my mom. Same thing, start car, sign paperwork, hands check over. This time, he puts the keys in a lock box attached the window and a sticker on the windshield. Tow truck came the next day to pick it up. They don't even check if you select a package to see if it really comes with it.

same version... I suspect we may be on a Special chip shortage chip-set which will require them to rewrite our firmware eventually so that we can branch back to the main software upgrades. Took delivery over 3 weeks ago and no software update, even changed my setting to advanced for software updates.

Just Installed the Hansshow Power Frunk! Originally was worried about the difficulty of the install, but it turned out to be not so bad! LOVE it!
Careful with that product. I’ve seen a bunch of videos and reviews of the frunk opening while driving. It’s destroyed hoods and windshields. I brought the product and ended up returning it before opening.

same version... I suspect we may be on a Special chip shortage chip-set which will require them to rewrite our firmware eventually so that we can branch back to the main software upgrades. Took delivery over 3 weeks ago and no software update, even changed my setting to advanced for software updates.
Interesting hypothesis. I read somewhere that one of the reasons Tesla wasn't as affected by the chip shortage is they aren't constrained by specific chips because they can update firmware as needed for various suppliers. That's a key advantage, if true, and would support this hypothesis.

There is a separate thread discussing this somewhere…. I can’t find it. I have the same SW level as you. Some IT folks had commented that our SW level was due to a the chip shortage and this SW version is a seperate branch they created and we will be merged into the newer SW version too. It looks like it effects cars made in late August. Hoping we get that SW update soon as car wash mode is in it…