Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't tested it yet in my MY, but i think i found a homelink workaround for ios, using an app simplecommands and an 11.99 myq garage sensor. . . .
MyQ actually has its own app too. It’s a little slow because it has to recognize you via FaceID and then you have to click “open/close”, but it does work. It also allows you to open the garage remotely if you need and lets you know the current status of the garage being open/closed and the duration of that status. I find that especially useful when I’m already half a mile from the house and wonder if I shut the dang door 😂

Edit: I just saw your follow-up post regarding the lag with the MyQ app. My apologies for being redundant. I’m excited to see if your hack can solve that!!

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
The service center near me had a mad rush of deliveries ready each morning in mid-September, but this week it’s been a ghost town. Wonder if they just avoid shipping cars east at the end of quarter or if the factory has just slowed production again 😬
The service center here in SLC, UT has also been a ghost town for the last week or 2. Very strange for end of quarter. Not just an east coast thing.

Incidentally IF delivery goes ahead smoothly tomorrow, I will be in a position to cancel my original MNS order with current EDD of 10/18-11/7. I recall reading something about being able to transfer a VIN when received. I'd rather wait for VIN and offer someone here the chance to get something earlier than expected as opposed to it going out to any random person. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?
I believe there are other threads, or you can create one, and title it something like "Transfer reservation" or something catchy.

I have been a lurker here watching all of the responses. So I ordered a Red MYLR black interior with tow hitch on August 8th. I didn’t upload insurance card or finish how to pay thinking that I didn’t need to until I got closer to delivery time. When I first completed the order it came up with a EDD of December then a week later there was nothing. So after reading responses here I uploaded my insurance card and pay in cash on September 3rd. Even after completing everything I never got an EDD. So on Sunday got an email saying to make final payment. I was like what?? So sure enough I got a VIN 275… with a EDD of Sept 27-30. Called to change from cash to loan. Ended up getting 2.49% through Wells Fargo. Will pay off early so didn’t feel the need to go through the DCU route. Got a text last night to set up home delivery for Thursday morning. I must be a lucky one to get one so fast. Not sure if getting one since we live in Phoenix, someone not ready or if it is end of quarter push. Wife is happy because “her” Model 3 is now really hers. Best of luck to everyone.

I just had the same thought - what am I still doing here?! Maybe I need to place another order to justify my posts in this group!
I justified my still being around because I was emotionally invested in the VIN and car deliveries of the Carlsbad crew and other of the long time waiters. Now, they all have their VINS and almost all have their cars, I need to find others to use an excuse be invested in.

I ordered MYLR on 7/9. Current edd is oct 15th to 30th. What should I do if I want to delay my delivery to December or early January? Also what happens if i don't accept anything online after vin has been assigned? Will my order get cancelled or will i get put back in the line again?

I wasn’t aware we were supposed to upload insurance info also? Thought that was to be done only when we get the VIN? Is everyone uploading insurance information without getting VIN? My EDD is Nov 7-27

yes. I uploaded the insurance for the old car, per the SA, the day we placed our orders.
In my state of vinlessness, I uploaded the insurance card for our truck to the MY profile. I don’t think it mattered, but in that moment, it felt like it made my profile “more complete” 😂 when vinless, you’ll try all the voodoo to get that car coming sooner lol!!

Once we received our VIN, we added the MY to our policy and then uploaded that in place of the other insurance card

I ordered MYLR on 7/9. Current edd is oct 15th to 30th. What should I do if I want to delay my delivery to December or early January? Also what happens if i don't accept anything online after vin has been assigned? Will my order get cancelled or will i get put back in the line again?
If I remember others mentioning, you get put back in the queue, the end of it mind you, and your car goes to the next person with matching config.

MyQ actually has its own app too. It’s a little slow because it has to recognize you via FaceID and then you have to click “open/close”, but it does work. It also allows you to open the garage remotely if you need and lets you know the current status of the garage being open/closed and the duration of that status. I find that especially useful when I’m already half a mile from the house and wonder if I shut the dang door 😂

Edit: I just saw your follow-up post regarding the lag with the MyQ app. My apologies for being redundant. I’m excited to see if your hack can solve that!!
I installed this a few weeks ago...opens garage door based location (same as the Homelink module that I had in the Model 3...but only $70): Tailwind iQ3 Smart Automatic Garage Door Controller

You can put your order on hold with Tesla by contacting them directly. However, it seems a little tricky to time when you should remove that hold to get the car in your desired time frame. You can refuse a VIN that’s assigned to you, which puts you back in the queue for another match down the road.

If I remember others mentioning, you get put back in the queue, the end of it mind you, and your car goes to the next person with matching config.
New orders are April currently, right? Eek, that’s a looooong wait. I’m not sure I’d refuse a VIN at that this point and take that gamble 😬 I guess if they’re willing to pay more, they could always get a P within a month or so 🤷🏻‍♀️

New orders are April currently, right? Eek, that’s a looooong wait. I’m not sure I’d refuse a VIN at that this point and take that gamble 😬 I guess if they’re willing to pay more, they could always get a P within a month or so 🤷🏻‍♀️
Agreed!! I understand things happen, and I hope for their sake, they can do a hold. I wouldn't want to be put back in queue, that's for sure. Hoping for everything to go smooth for myself too, granted I went through a major change since I placed my order.

Yes saw that. Under the Insurance it says “Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states”.
So since mine is PA it means the VIN should be listed on the insurance. I don’t have VIN :cool:
Anybody from PA who uploaded insurance before getting VIN#?
I just picked up my Y at the Devon SC yesterday. I uploaded my insurance card with the Y vin number the day before I picked it up. Prior to this I had uploaded a picture of a insurance card from one of my other cars.
I did this same process last year when we got my wifes Model 3.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
I have actually purchased three of these which are used in my mother-in-law's car and they actually work really well but the buckle has to protrude up from the seat for them to be effective. Is there any play in the second row buckles or are they indeed flush and tight?
We have a MY5 and the buckles are definitely flush and tight. I tried to pull it up, thinking even a little play might be helpful, but no luck. I did not attempt to lift up the whole seat, but it appears from other posters that there’s not any use trying that anyway

Edited to add: I’m assuming the second row in the 5 and 7 are the same

You can put your order on hold with Tesla by contacting them directly. However, it seems a little tricky to time when you should remove that hold to get the car in your desired time frame. You can refuse a VIN that’s assigned to you, which puts you back in the queue for another match down the road.
My original ODD was May 10 but I requested a hold on my order due to a trip, the hold was removed in July 25 and it seems that they put me at the end of the queue, I am still waiting for a VIN. Current EDD 11/12-12/02.
MYLR white, 19", black interior, no tow, no FSD