Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am probably the rare buyer that actually appreciates this method. Prior to our Tesla, I absolutely dreaded the car shopping/purchasing process. Our MY is literally the only car we’ve purchased that I wasn’t in tears at the desk willing to walk away with no car simply from the stress of negotiating with the stupid salespeople. I despise traditional car salesmen and their typically sexist attitude toward a female buyer, so I loved the Tesla process. Build the car online, pay the price it says, and never deal with a person who is trying to bend you over 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
Only part I enjoyed was the negotiation only because I liked testing the limits. I don't like paperwork or the waiting forever. My wife cannot stand being in a dealership for more than 30 minutes. At the pickup for her Y, she was already ornery after an hour and we weren't done. She was not smiling when we left after 3hrs mostly due to the sluggishness on the delivery folks.

Only part I enjoyed was the negotiation only because I liked testing the limits. I don't like paperwork or the waiting forever. My wife cannot stand being in a dealership for more than 30 minutes. At the pickup for her Y, she was already ornery after an hour and we weren't done. She was not smiling when we left after 3hrs mostly due to the sluggishness on the delivery folks.
I totally hear you on the misery of waiting forever at a traditional dealership. Our MY pickup took exactly an hour. It would’ve been faster, but we asked them to supercharge the car to 100% for our trip home which took 25 minutes. I guess the trade for waiting for a VIN was a speedy delivery in our case. And for you, I’m sure even 3 hours beats all day at a regular dealership!!

New orders are April currently, right? Eek, that’s a looooong wait. I’m not sure I’d refuse a VIN at that this point and take that gamble 😬 I guess if they’re willing to pay more, they could always get a P within a month or so 🤷🏻‍♀️
This is my fear too. We're just 2 weeks in on my wifes MY and EDD for mine says 10/1 -10/20. I'm probably the opposite of everyone but I'm hoping to be delayed. Each day I log in, I'm like please be pushed back. I'd prefer a December/January delivery, not really cause of Texas but just to get used and work out the kinks. Our service appointment for delivery issues is not even till 10/27 but I'm afraid to lose the place in line by refusing delivery if VIN comes within the window given.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I despise dealerships and the traditional method of purchasing a car. I'm willing to pay a premium to avoid that process and I'm not alone. This is why companies like Carvana exist despite selling used cars on the high end of retail. This benefits us too because they are purchasing cars on the low end of retail instead of trade or wholesale value. The market is willing to bear it.

This is my fear too. We're just 2 weeks in on my wifes MY and EDD for mine says 10/1 -10/20. I'm probably the opposite of everyone but I'm hoping to be delayed. Each day I log in, I'm like please be pushed back. I'd prefer a December/January delivery, not really cause of Texas but just to get used and work out the kinks. Our service appointment for delivery issues is not even till 10/27 but I'm afraid to lose the place in line by refusing delivery if VIN comes within the window given.
I think an October delivery will still be from Fremont, especially on the LR. It seems like Austin is experiencing some significant delays coming online

Reactions: PatrickTM
I think an October delivery will still be from Fremont, especially on the LR. It seems like Austin is experiencing some significant delays coming online
So I do have one concern about the full body cast from Austin. What happens in a fender bender where a small piece needs to be replaced? In the current build, even with the single cast in the rear, there are still 70 pieces welded together that makes it a little easier to order specific parts. How do you order a part of the frame in a single full body? Will this lead to MYs being totaled for something that could have been fixable? Plus that could also mean higher insurance premiums?
Just a thought. That's the only thing I'm not excited about Austin for.

I despise dealerships and the traditional method of purchasing a car. I'm willing to pay a premium to avoid that process and I'm not alone. This is why companies like Carvana exist despite selling used cars on the high end of retail. This benefits us too because they are purchasing cars on the low end of retail instead of trade or wholesale value. The market is willing to bear it.
We had an excellent experience selling to Carvana. 15 minutes start to finish on sale day; we had immediate direct deposit of our equity and they paid off our remaining credit union loan in less than a week. I will be a lifetime seller to them if their offer at the time is fair. I would LOVE to never have to haggle over a trade again lol

So I do have one concern about the full body cast from Austin. What happens in a fender bender where a small piece needs to be replaced? In the current build, even with the single cast in the rear, there are still 70 pieces welded together that makes it a little easier to order specific parts. How do you order a part of the frame in a single full body? Will this lead to MYs being totaled for something that could have been fixable? Plus that could also mean higher insurance premiums?
Just a thought. That's the only thing I'm not excited about Austin for.
I have this same concern. I asked it on here before and got all kinds of unhelpful “that’s why you have insurance replies” 🙄🙄 yes, obviously the car is insured and getting it fixed/replaced would happen. It’s just the limbo of going back into the queue for several months in the event of a total that I’m concerned about. I really doubt insurance will cover a long term rental in that case

Showed up at 1030 and was shuffled back to 330. (Not by Tesla, I'm having mine wrapped, and currently on day 20 since I turned it into them)

But, heres a in progress photo of my very non-conventional MYLR from a few days ago.

Attachments

• 3BE0BB54-3FE2-473C-8AA5-130B20D7A006.jpeg
    3BE0BB54-3FE2-473C-8AA5-130B20D7A006.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 65
My wife and I call it "Seat-gate". It's not really a 3rd row like a Highlander or the like. I have a 7/5/3 year olds. We have put the 3 year old in the 3rd row and the 7/5 in the 2nd row. I cant even see the 3 year old's head over the seat. But the 7/5 feet get smushed in the 3rd row. I tried to divide the space between the three rows. But then I am smushed in the wheel so the 2nd and 3rd row can have enough space.

We were going to sell our Highlander and keep my truck. But I just sold the truck to Vroom so we can have the Highlander for the kids. They aren't getting any smaller.

NOTE: I should say this, if the kids are not in car seats or boosters and their feet can reach the carpet (and be under the 2rd row) its probably fine. My kids are in some sort of seat, and their feet can't go under the seat in front.

View attachment 715175
I tried to put my oldest in the back with his booster seat, and I just didn't like the fact the seat slid around... He is 5 and pretty tall and can almost sit back there with no car seat. Got one of these delivered today to try.

It basically is a booster seat that instead of raising the child up to be in the right belt position, it pulls the belt down to the child... We will see if it works.

I tried to put my oldest in the back with his booster seat, and I just didn't like the fact the seat slid around... He is 5 and pretty tall and can almost sit back there with no car seat. Got one of these delivered today to try.

It basically is a booster seat that instead of raising the child up to be in the right belt position, it pulls the belt down to the child... We will see if it works.
We use this when we travel, it works well for a taxi cab or shuttle when we use it.

• Helpful
Reactions: collaGOunltd

That’s really cool!! Please post what you think of it. I think this would be awesome for traveling too. Being able to stick the booster in the overhead bin was life-changing, but this is even more compact than that for older/taller kiddos who still don’t fit perfect with the seatbelt alone.

@MattDJupiter It's like addiction and I am not sure what we will be doing once we all get the car....
The effects of EDD (Estimated Delivery Disorder) can linger for weeks or even months after delivery. While some will overcome the disability completely, sadly the majority will go on to acquire disorders such as BDD (Battery Degradation Disorder) and ERD (Estimated Range Disorder) which many think are one in the same, but are actually quite different. Those effected continue to seek out new threads on the forum as a form of group therapy.

Just completed home delivery - took 30min to sign papers, pay for car and do a brief walkthrough (I had a 2019 Model 3 so not much to go over). Haven't gone through the delivery checklist yet but looks good! PPF on rear doors but no front mud flaps (they ran out and said to file a ticket and they'll come out to install them). It's been fun checking the forum over the past four months...excited for everyone to get their VINs/cars!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-28 at 10.33.32 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-28 at 10.33.32 AM.jpeg
    875.6 KB · Views: 59
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-28 at 11.04.17 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-28 at 11.04.17 AM.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 59

They work very well. Had used these (mostly for when traveling) For at least 5 years. We had dedicated booster seats so only used them at home when we had family in town and more people in the car.