Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The effects of EDD (Estimated Delivery Disorder) can linger for weeks or even months after delivery. While some will overcome the disability completely, sadly the majority will go on to acquire disorders such as BDD (Battery Degradation Disorder) and ERD (Estimated Range Disorder) which many think are one in the same, but are actually quite different. Those effected continue to seek out new threads on the forum as a form of group therapy.
Don’t forget a particularly pernicious post-delivery disorder: PPF (Paint Perfection Fanaticism) which can result in excessive car washing, examining the car in the middle of the night with a jewelers loupe, and high-priced cleaners, coatings, and films. 😵‍💫

So as not to run you off, you will get a lot of information on delivery times on here as well. I started on this forum in 2015 for my S, but as you can tell things were much different because “long” wait times were 6 to maybe 8 weeks, now we have some who are at 7 months. You will see there is a range, seemingly 90-110 for delivery. However, there are many who have had much longer (“oldest” still waiting I have seen ordered mid-May). With the waits being so long we commiserate together, and in our joint empathy we discuss other things as well. The other discussions usually pick up when VINs are slow
This thread started because of the Great Containment Hold of April 2021 (I was part of it, took delivery in June but still hang around).

We had many theories to share, and people posted video drivebys of overfilled lots at various delivery centers as we speculated the cause. Since the issue affected all regions, colors, and builds, we all commiserated in a single place. Glad to see we’re still doing that!

Since some people really care about current delivery times and us staying off topic, my EDD hasn't changed in over 4 weeks. Still have had the same EDD since 8/31. Looks like those estimates when you order are pretty accurate as it was originally November when I ordered and my EDD is saying November.
This was exactly my experience. I checked my EDD several times per day and tracked all of the changes, only to ultimately have my car delivered in September which was the initial estimate from Tesla the day we ordered.

Since some people really care about current delivery times and us staying off topic, my EDD hasn't changed in over 4 weeks. Still have had the same EDD since 8/31. Looks like those estimates when you order are pretty accurate as it was originally November when I ordered and my EDD is saying November.
Mine has been quite consistent for the last month+ too. It’s currently 10/21-11/10. The only recent change was it coming a little earlier a couple of weeks ago (before that, it was dates in November).

Reactions: Arkbird
You are absolutely correct: I am new here, to this thread at least, but have been on the forums since May of 2016. I was anxious at that time about delivery of my S and we had threads about orders and VINs and rumors. I waited for about 6 weeks for my MS and it was a long, agonizing wait. But I also spent that time in the "waiting room" thread where we shared stuff like you all are doing.
I came to this thread hoping to glean some info on when my MY might be delivered as I ordered in July. But, as I found out, this really isn't a thread about current delivery times but rather something like a waiting room. So, have at it I don't care what you talk about. But, I figured you were all new to the forums and tried to politely suggest much of the information you are looking for is elsewhere. And so, I too, will have to search elsewhere for current delivery times. But I assume you understand the confusion.
We have identified a few trends in this thread that may be helpful to you:

1) The initial delivery estimate that Tesla had on the build page the day you placed your order seems to be reliable. I ordered 7/7, Tesla’s estimate at the time was “September” and I took delivery on 9/22, so they were correct in my case. My brother in-law ordered 7/25 (using the same delivery center) and the estimate by that point was already November. He is still vinless and waiting

2) Geographic region does matter. I’m assuming you’re in FL from your title? If so, we’ve typically seen the East Coast get a bunch of deliveries during the second month of the quarter, so I’d guess November again

3) Some colors and features seem to be more rare. Red and MSM appear to be produced very infrequently. Also, white interior appear to be a bit slower than black and 7 seaters seem to take forever. If you want to share your build details, I’m sure there’s at least someone on here who has a similar build and can share their experience. If nothing else, you’ll feel like you’re not the only one.

4) The date when your profile was totally completed seems to be your “official” order date. If you’ve made any changes to the initial order, that can reset your place in the queue. “Changes” include any of the build specs, and also adding/removing a trade vehicle.

This thread is full of knowledge and it’s really like a little community. It’s fun to make “friends” with users you get to know and to be able to cheer for them and celebrate when they get their VINs and cars. Our MY is our first Tesla and I learned so much about it from this thread. I also feel like if I was doing a big road trip in the MY, I could say that on here and get tons of recommendations for places to see, eat, and charge from the members, which I think is really cool 😍 good luck with your wait!

Last edited:
It's crazy. I was thinking yesterday while installing all weather floor mats, that I've never had to buy so much extras for a car before. I always make it standard as part of the bargaining that all weather floor mats must be included in my previous buys and with my wife's last car, I even added window tinting too.
Tesla was smart not to have typical dealership setup where you can negotiate with sales people. This is the price, take it or leave it. We're not giving you jack as extra. It's a good business opportunity for independent accessory makers no doubt but I'm beginning to wonder when will all the extra buying end. lol.

My wife is tired. Every other day is a new box from Amazon and me showing her what new accessory I got for her car. Every time she's like no, no more buying and I go, err yeah, you need these.
Now I have to re-buy everything when my own gets delivered.
Ditto. Lots of deliveries via Amazon and others and having to explain why it’s a good investment… lol

You are absolutely correct: I am new here, to this thread at least, but have been on the forums since May of 2016. I was anxious at that time about delivery of my S and we had threads about orders and VINs and rumors. I waited for about 6 weeks for my MS and it was a long, agonizing wait. But I also spent that time in the "waiting room" thread where we shared stuff like you all are doing.
I came to this thread hoping to glean some info on when my MY might be delivered as I ordered in July. But, as I found out, this really isn't a thread about current delivery times but rather something like a waiting room. So, have at it I don't care what you talk about. But, I figured you were all new to the forums and tried to politely suggest much of the information you are looking for is elsewhere. And so, I too, will have to search elsewhere for current delivery times. But I assume you understand the confusion.
I think the average wait is somewhere right around 115 days. + or - based on color and location. Right now cali cars are getting blasted out. If I remember right, the beginning of next month will be some Euro cars and a bunch of white.

I am probably the rare buyer that actually appreciates this method. Prior to our Tesla, I absolutely dreaded the car shopping/purchasing process. Our MY is literally the only car we’ve purchased that I wasn’t in tears at the desk willing to walk away with no car simply from the stress of negotiating with the stupid salespeople. I despise traditional car salesmen and their typically sexist attitude toward a female buyer, so I loved the Tesla process. Build the car online, pay the price it says, and never deal with a person who is trying to bend you over 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
100% agree with you.

Ditto. Lots of deliveries via Amazon and others and having to explain why it’s a good investment… lol
The kiddo informed me that “Alexa says we have 18 shipments coming” 😂😂 Elon and Jeff may be rivals when it comes to rockets, but I think they’re somehow colluding with the accessories for these cars 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Hi Folks. Thanks to all for sharing very useful information in the forum. I finally have my delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Good luck to all!
MYLR5 | White/Black | 19 | No-Tow | No FSD
Order date: 6/8/21
VIN: received 9/28/21 via order page
Delivery Scheduled for 09/29 in San Jose, CA
Typo - Its actually Red ext with White interiors

Hi Folks. Thanks to all for sharing very useful information in the forum. I finally have my delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Good luck to all!
MYLR5 | White/Black | 19 | No-Tow | No FSD
Order date: 6/8/21
VIN: received 9/28/21 via order page
Delivery Scheduled for 09/29 in San Jose, CA
That quick turnaround from VIN to delivery is amazing in California!!!

Reactions: DZMY and PatrickTM
Reactions: BTVev
Reactions: samori01
Alright folks, the missus has been out and about in the recent days so I've been bored. Decided to crunch the numbers on the pace of this thread's activity since its inception on April 6th.

Takeaways: Our volume seems to have overall increased slightly but a much smaller peak on VIN day in Q3 compared to the beast that was Q2. May 25th was insane...1074 posts! Over this thread's lifetime we're averaging 209 posts per day which spans about 10 pages per day. As each week progresses, we do less work and post here more often. Weekends are slower.

Why'd I do this? I'm a nerd. Also, awhile ago I made a random stab at what page we'd be on come my delivery (hence the page 4000 in my signature). I decided to see if I could get a more "scientific" estimate from the data. Linear seems an okay fit on average, so I went with it. Nothing else came close without overfitting. Given my current EDD my new guess is page 2777 purely based on a visual look at the plot and I like all the sevens.

Full spreadsheet is in the second tab in my EDD spreadsheet (also linked in my signature). I may or may not update it. Depends how bored I am.

Enjoy.
1632873926254.png

1632873939983.png