Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just dropped from 10/8-10/21 -> 12/19-12/31 :(

MY LR | Blue | 5 Seat | Black Interior | 20" Induction Wheels
OD: 7/10

Is this normal? I know the Tesla sales folks said don't pay much attention to the date, but it sucks being inside the window and then boom, gone.
Yikes!! Really does seem like a crap shoot, seeing August OD getting VIN and some June still waiting. My OD 7/11 EDD hasn’t changed since 8/30. Hoping yours changes back soon.

For me, VIN assigned yesterday. I changed all my financing to 3rd party. Then this morning I got a text from Tesla saying they scheduled my delivery date for me already for this Tuesday.

Yeah after I posted this I got a text from Tesla saying my delivery date has been set for me from 12-4pm this Tuesday so more than likely you will get it this week!
How do you change the financing? Is there a number where you call to get this done? I do not have a SA assigned to me (as far as I know).

How do you change the financing? Is there a number where you call to get this done? I do not have a SA assigned to me (as far as I know).
I just chatted with someone on their website and asked if they could switch my financing from cash to self arranged and they were able to do it instantly. I don’t have an SA assigned to me either but you could also just call the SC as well

Reactions: Hobbsave
My EDD just dropped from 10/8-10/21 -> 12/19-12/31 :(

MY LR | Blue | 5 Seat | Black Interior | 20" Induction Wheels
OD: 7/10

Is this normal? I know the Tesla sales folks said don't pay much attention to the date, but it sucks being inside the window and then boom, gone.

EDD Oct 21-Nov 13. We dont need the car right away. If you dont need it asap, it maybe better to take in in 12/2021, coz maybe you'll get one from Austin, with 4680s. I'm torn as I feel I should delay my delivery, to have a chance at getting an Austin made with 4680 battery. Only down side is that our trade in will accumulate more miles, and may reduce it's value.

EDD Oct 21-Nov 13. We dont need the car right away. If you dont need it asap, it maybe better to take in in 12/2021, coz maybe you'll get one from Austin, with 4680s. I'm torn as I feel I should delay my delivery, to have a chance at getting an Austin made with 4680 battery. Only down side is that our trade in will accumulate more miles, and may reduce it's value.

Yeah I've had the same thought. The stupid thing is, yeah we don't need the car right now. And I know it would be better to get the 4680s. But I still want it noooowwwww 🤩😆

Hey good folks - has anyone received an email of this sort pre-delivery? To be clear, I do not have an assigned VIN (yet), certainly not a delivery date. I wanted to check to see if this is a commonplace notice or perhaps if this is an indicator that a VIN is forthcoming. Maybe it’s location specific, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this, as this is one of the very few proactive communications I’ve received from Tesla. Thanks!

Attachments

• ABCE82B3-27A8-4FF6-95A5-886B606C7104.jpeg
    ABCE82B3-27A8-4FF6-95A5-886B606C7104.jpeg
    989.7 KB · Views: 73
The X3 is a tiny bit smaller but they’re close enough in size and price that it puts them in the same class. The X5 is a little bigger than the Y but significantly more expensive.

Surprisingly the CRV and Rav4 are actually way more comparable in terms of dimensions.
Is that based on comparing the dimensions on paper or test driving and/or sitting in them? I noticed those online dimension comparisons aren’t always accurate. I compared my E70 X5 to my 2018 XC90 on one of those sites and it was pretty close. But in reality the XC90 was a lot roomier inside.

Reactions: PatrickTM
e70 x5 owner here, from the specs, MY is similar sized. 187 vs 191 inches long, the width is within 0.5inch of each other.

MX is significantly bigger than x5 inside in every way when we test drove it.
How is the interior dimensions for the E70 vs the MY in person? My 2012 X5 was a good size.

The E70 is still one of the best gen X5 in my opinion. The N55 twin scroll turbo inline 6 is butter smooth. But the N54 with the 2 mini turbos, that’s raw power.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Thanks. It updated this morning to 10/11-10/21, a couple of hours later did a refresh, just in case 😏, and had the VIN and the EDD updated to 10/9-10/15, so, I’m hoping I can go pick it up some time early this coming week.
I’m within 6 days of entering my EDD, but I’m expecting to see it pushed out farther anytime now, so I am staying off the app…😂😂

We'll see 4680s coming out of Fremont before Austin according to Elon at Wednesday's annual meeting.

Reactions: samori01
Hey good folks - has anyone received an email of this sort pre-delivery? To be clear, I do not have an assigned VIN (yet), certainly not a delivery date. I wanted to check to see if this is a commonplace notice or perhaps if this is an indicator that a VIN is forthcoming. Maybe it’s location specific, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this, as this is one of the very few proactive communications I’ve received from Tesla. Thanks!
I got this 2 weeks before delivery.

Reactions: BitJam and dfiz1
We'll see 4680s coming out of Fremont before Austin according to Elon at Wednesday's annual meeting.
I think he just eluded to that Kato Road has made 4680 cells, and will be supplying to Austin at the start and during the ramp up next year. Did not clarify if Fremont will use the cells. It would make sense for both Fremont and Austin to use those cells simultaneously (unless they decide to come up with a new model). Not sure if Fremont can use both single piece front and back castings. Maybe they can make the front castings at Austin, and ship to Fremont. So much speculation, and no clarity!

I got something similar about a month ago

Reactions: dfiz1