Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work at a bank, and banks usually require a minimum of $500 in direct deposit, for promos and such. Free accounts are really free this way. They need to have you either bring in money, via direct deposit, or use your card an x amount of times etc etc.
Could be lower but that's the general figure I have seen at other banks as well.

I can split my deposit into many institutions, so not a hassle for me, since it is not that difficult to move funds around.
Zelle, ACH transfers, QuickPay etc.
@cloudyjai ☝️

@josh62294 You could still go through them, as I am sure it will still be lower, even without the DD. In comparison to the ones you have shopped so far.
@PatrickTM had shared of another FI that offers low rates, out in Maryland I think?

Errr kinda too late now lol. It's not bugging me too tremendously yet, since I am working from home, and take my brother's car for the one day I have to go to the office. Rest, it is easily managed by sending him out to run errands 🤣
And he doesn't mind. He is now always looking for reasons to go out......compared to having to bribe him before, to run simple errands.
🤣Didn’t mean to discourage you! I’m sure your 7seater will be there soon!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hey everyone, Time to get financing for the model Y. Any suggestions? I currently can get a couple through navy federal and USAA for 72 months at 2.29%. DCU? Thanks
Josh
DCU will write 65 month loans at 1.49%

USAA will write their 2.29% out to 75 months if you wanted that. I plan to go this route when the time comes. With rates that low I plan to let it ride as long as I can.

Reactions: josh62294
DCU will write 65 month loans at 1.49%

USAA will write their 2.29% out to 75 months if you wanted that. I plan to go this route when the time comes. With rates that low I plan to let it ride as long as I can.
DCU has a 84 month option as well......but the rate goes up a little. Your monthly payment shrinks though, if a lower payment is what you seek.

It goes up a lot, through dcu at 84 months. It would be 3.99%.

There is no way I’m going to agree to a rate that high. Not in a million years.
Agreed! With rates so low, it would not make sense to go that high, unless somebody has a monthly budget issue, but can pay off the loan prior to that.
I mean it is an option if it makes a difference to anyone.

OLD EDD - 10/25 to 11/14
New EDD - 11/6 to 12/4

What a PITA!!!!

Either I didn't properly refresh like I thought I did or my EDD moved a few minutes after I checked it this morning:

Bumped out a few weeks to November 22 - December 20

I don't think I want to refresh the page anymore...... 😨

You mean.....you mean mine can come closer too hopefully?
Hopefully! If not, I hypothesize that for each color batch the first chunk us 5 seaters then they finish with the 7 seaters.
@PatrickTM had shared of another FI that offers low rates, out in Maryland I think?
He found St Anne's Credit Union out of Massachusetts. As low as 0.99%. I'm going to explore them because my parents live right near them..they might know about them. I don't think anyone here has gone through them yet.

Last edited:
USAA also showing as low as 1.89% for up to 84 months. I don't think I'd go longer than 60 months though.

And DCU is as low as 1.24% with all the reductions.

I will try DCU first as my brother went with them. But will look at USAA and St. Anne's as well. DCU was a big unknown leap for us, so St. Anne will be similar.