Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we wait any recommendations on:
1- Screen protectors
2- Floor mat
3- Seat covers
Just wanted to order and be ready
1. Agree with Spigen, but I also found another company on Amazon (GoMacro Matte Screen). They have a Spine like installation system, and I actually felt it went better than Spigen.
2. I went with TuxMats, I have kids, and after cleaning the carpets in the back, the sides and the carpet that connects with back seat, not to mention the carpets on the side of the center console, I decided I needed full coverage. People have been concerned about the clips (and I haven't put it in to a car yet...) but the way it is shown in multiple videos the clips are relatively easy to put it, and they don't show any sign of damaging the carpet. Even the velcro seems to play well with the carpet.
3. I am putting ceramic coating on the seats....I like how they look.

Reactions: Oldguywaits
1. Agree with Spigen, but I also found another company on Amazon (GoMacro Matte Screen). They have a Spine like installation system, and I actually felt it went better than Spigen.
2. I went with TuxMats, I have kids, and after cleaning the carpets in the back, the sides and the carpet that connects with back seat, not to mention the carpets on the side of the center console, I decided I needed full coverage. People have been concerned about the clips (and I haven't put it in to a car yet...) but the way it is shown in multiple videos the clips are relatively easy to put it, and they don't show any sign of damaging the carpet. Even the velcro seems to play well with the carpet.
Interesting note about the Tuxmat. Are you able to snap some pics and upload? How long have you had it? Does it fit snugly and no bending, curving or shifting around?

MY lucky day! Snagged a VIN (MF280xxxx), out of order, hot off the line. Delivery this Friday. My BMW lease isn't up till early November so I was biding my time -- until today. Today my EDD got pushed back a month, into December, so I placed a call to my SA. He told me in July, when I ordered, he could place me on a Priority Delivery list. Man, did he ever deliver! Got back to me within two hours with a VIN. Patience is a virtue with me but I must admit I'm pinching myself. Will initially pay cash but still must figure out payment options. I have luxury of sleeping on it. The fact I qualify for the full (soon to be halved) $1500 CA EV credit is icing on the cake. It's a 2021 MY. My SA predicts the '22s will appear late December. Though I'm not big on commiseration, all of you in this thread helped. And I hope I've helped you. Best of luck!
How do you get put on a priority delivery list? I guess you got lucky with a good SA because mine never even mentioned this was an option…

Reactions: EvEv
I bought TuxMats for new Honda
Interesting note about the Tuxmat. Are you able to snap some pics and upload? How long have you had it? Does it fit snugly and no bending, curving or shifting around?

Insight and have on order for MYL. So far they have held up great, and I especially like the little side flap that comes up along the seat next to the door. As to the clips. I only added a couple and they were easy to install and can be put out of the way if the look bothers you….

Attachments

• 2737600B-F3A6-4452-A7BC-EDD495724466.jpeg
    2737600B-F3A6-4452-A7BC-EDD495724466.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • 789293BC-F141-467A-AE85-D25D6382F501.jpeg
    789293BC-F141-467A-AE85-D25D6382F501.jpeg
    764.6 KB · Views: 41
I’m curious about the screen protector. To me it makes sense for an ipad or a phone that you’re carrying around and could potentially drop, but what is the purpose of it on a stationary screen that won’t move? Not trying to be an a$$, genuinely wondering if I’m missing something important.
For me it's an easier sell if I find I need the matte screen protector to cut down on glare. If I don't, then it might just be $30 insurance plan against "whoopsie-daisy" contact or dropped items.

I’m curious about the screen protector. To me it makes sense for an ipad or a phone that you’re carrying around and could potentially drop, but what is the purpose of it on a stationary screen that won’t move? Not trying to be an a$$, genuinely wondering if I’m missing something important.
Great question. I think most ppl choose a matte screen protector to reduce glare & to keep it looking clean without having to wipe off prints every 5 minutes. For me personally, it’s these two points plus my palms often get sweaty so it would help with my fingers gliding across the screen.

As others have said, it’s for the glare and fingerprints vs any real need for protection. I don’t have the MY yet, but whenever I am in a 3/Y, the driver either complains about the glare or has a matte screen protector. Personally, I absolutely detest smudgy fingerprints on my phone and touchscreen laptop or iPad (always wiping) and the 15” screen in the car is larger than all 3 of those devices. I’d have a conniption!

Since few future/current buyers have purchased Tesla Shields mats - here is a quick cross post with an update from them

Reactions: EvEv and loggedout
Currently on day 114.... EDD changed again from 10/17-11/11 to 10/26-11/5. It was 10/5-10/20 before and it was the one and only time I've been within the EDD window. I don't know if I should be angry or just catatonic by now :confused:. Yes, I know the window is down to 10 days now and that's normally a good thing... but I was also told expected delivery was September. That 10 day window means little to me at the moment until I get a VIN. Trying to stay strong, friends.

For me it's an easier sell if I find I need the matte screen protector to cut down on glare. If I don't, then it might just be $30 insurance plan against "whoopsie-daisy" contact or dropped items.
The anti-glare definitely makes sense. My wife just got a Honda Clarity (plug-in hybrid) and it has a touch screen. It always looks filthy! Maybe I ought to grab a protector so I don't have a fit with the smudges 🤣

X-post here from the CA thread to give everyone an update that’s not in Cali…my EDD moved up 8 days and is a narrower window.

What is this?! My EDD has been holding steady for a little bit now, showing Oct 22nd to Nov 11th. Between a routine refresh of the page, the EDD is now showing Oct 14th and Oct 27th. Could this really be just two days away? Is this real?? Ordered on July 24th, profile complete
July 25th. MYLR7 midnight silver, black interior, induction wheels, tow, and no FSD.

Reactions: Ladybugn and chand