Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an idea for Tesla, they should put an award for your refresh statistic in the driver’s seat on the day you pick up your vehicle…something like, “Congratulations, you made it and your refresh button still works. You refreshed 5,102 times and now here’s your vehicle.” They could put a trophy or plaque for being in the top hundred refreshers of all time. It would be hilarious. Or better yet, put it hidden in the dashboard on the touchscreen, lol. Like an Easter egg.
Oh I don't want to know how many times I"ve clicked refresh

I have an idea for Tesla, they should put an award for your refresh statistic in the driver’s seat on the day you pick up your vehicle…something like, “Congratulations, you made it and your refresh button still works. You refreshed 5,102 times and now here’s your vehicle.” They could put a trophy or plaque for being in the top hundred refreshers of all time. It would be hilarious. Or better yet, put it hidden in the dashboard on the touchscreen, lol. Like an Easter egg.
That's an actual easter egg on their page, you just haven't hit the number yet. Keep going!

Edit: found the link to the guy who achieved it.

Last edited:
Ouch. My wife’s Telluride has 360 AND an overhead view when parking. That overhead view is one thing I definitely wish the MYs had. She won’t be driving my MY. 😏
Her rdx and my xc90 have the 360/overhead views too and I love it. I don’t park without it. The cameras are there already, I’m sure there’s probably code for it, just do it already Tesla.

I watched more reviews on that than I'd care to admit, I'm not too worried about it getting stained or anything irreparable when compared to the black. The black will hide dirt better, but I didn't exactly feel great about that being a selling point. 🤣

In the end I just like the two-toned look better than all black, and I definitely wasn't a fan of the wood grain. So, if the only concern was keeping it clean and ample evidence showed me that isn't' that big of a concern.. I'm good with my choice. Still considering purchasing the ceramic coating for it though.
Katskinz also makes replacement seat covers for the model Y, if white proves to be a sub optimal choice. They're not pleather/ "vegan" leather however.

I watched more reviews on that than I'd care to admit, I'm not too worried about it getting stained or anything irreparable when compared to the black. The black will hide dirt better, but I didn't exactly feel great about that being a selling point. 🤣

In the end I just like the two-toned look better than all black, and I definitely wasn't a fan of the wood grain. So, if the only concern was keeping it clean and ample evidence showed me that isn't' that big of a concern.. I'm good with my choice. Still considering purchasing the ceramic coating for it though.
I had the white interior on my M3. we took the dogs camping, to the beach, etc with no problem. Some Jeans did rub on the white - but it came off with underarmor leather wipes pretty easily. Did multiple 3,000mile+ roadtrips with the dog also (black lab) and there were no issues with the leather. i was wildly impressed and am excited to have it in the MY

Reactions: Nrvna76
I had the white interior on my M3. we took the dogs camping, to the beach, etc with no problem. Some Jeans did rub on the white - but it came off with underarmor leather wipes pretty easily. Did multiple 3,000mile+ roadtrips with the dog also (black lab) and there were no issues with the leather. i was wildly impressed and am excited to have it in the MY
The one thing I saw in a few reviews was that any hair, dirt, spec, 1 micron sized fleck of anything stood out against the white. Something to consider if your OCD level is high.

Reactions: turrmoil
Not delivery related but I have to share my pain. Took delivery of my wife’s MY on 9/16. 5 days later, she scratched the wheels. 2 days ago, she did it again. Less than a month and 2 separate wheels scratched. I’m tempted to put the Gemini with hubcaps on her Y. This is what happens when you’re used to 360 deg view camera when parking.
Now to go find rim savers and wheel repair kit.
PS: this is not meant to shame my dear wife. I’ve scratched a few wheels too. Scratching the inductions just come with a certain misery and that’s what I’m sharing.

View attachment 721529View attachment 721530View attachment 721531
Ouch, I've done it on a couple of times as well but i'm super paranoid about curbing the Tesla wheels. I just ordered the rim savers for our Model Y with 20 inch wheels.

Not delivery related but I have to share my pain. Took delivery of my wife’s MY on 9/16. 5 days later, she scratched the wheels. 2 days ago, she did it again. Less than a month and 2 separate wheels scratched. I’m tempted to put the Gemini with hubcaps on her Y. This is what happens when you’re used to 360 deg view camera when parking.
Now to go find rim savers and wheel repair kit.
PS: this is not meant to shame my dear wife. I’ve scratched a few wheels too. Scratching the inductions just come with a certain misery and that’s what I’m sharing.

View attachment 721529View attachment 721530View attachment 721531
One of my biggest fears when I get my MY. Rim savers may definitely be worth it. It’s hard to cast out all the crappy ones tho, based on my research. A lot have reviews saying they came off at some point while driving.

Reactions: ImperfectTes
Ouch. My wife’s Telluride has 360 AND an overhead view when parking. That overhead view is one thing I definitely wish the MYs had. She won’t be driving my MY. 😏

My wife has a loaded telluride with the dune brown interior. Love the ride and the overhead/360 view. My car is 10 years old (grand Cherokee) so doesn’t have any tech but hopefully I don’t wish my Y had the overhead/360 view now that I know what it is. I don’t think I will miss the CarPlay that the telluride has. It’s not wireless and can be buggy when resuming music.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Better yet, they can put it on other people's dashboard (like user firecap refreshed 10000000000000 times from the OD) or just display on the other peoples refresh screen (you are in 1000000000000th position or something like that) :)

• Funny
Reactions: firecape