Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! When I placed my order the estimate was for September. I had an EDD almost from the moment I placed the order, might have been a few days. The first EDD I ever had was something like 8/10-8/30 so I was so excited, thought I was going to get it way early! But it literally changed everyday until late August. Needless to say I did not get it in September and it was frustrating. But plenty of people who ordered around the same time as me did. My last EDD was 10/26-11/5, got my VIN on 10/13 so two weeks before the estimate.

My recommendation is to not obsess over the EDD right now, because it drove me mad. My opinion is that most people with far away EDD will their cars beforehand, Tesla is just being real conservative with their delivery estimates.
Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you!

My quote for MYLR at state farm came to $180 for 6 month period. No claim record for few decades and low mileage, and defensive driving completion. So YMMV. My current 2020 Lexus 450 Rxh premium is $140 for 6 months.
Called statefarm for a quote, got ~$57/month increase to the current bill. I have a house and 2 cars with them, tesla will be the third car.

Whoa, so my EDD improved today.. again, not getting my hopes up but the new one is Nov 2 - Nov 13! Tightened up (and moved up) from Nov 6 - Dec 4. Again, not getting my hopes up, but this isn't bad news :)
That is a tight window....I have refreshed 4 times in the time it took me to write this. 🤞

Any other suggestions other than State Farm for best insurance quotes?
Progressive gave me a quote close to what I was paying Geico prior to my Model 3. Geico wanted an extra $1200 a year to add the Tesla. We ended up going with Travelers because wife works for them (employee discount) and with bundling our other policies, it came out about $200 less than Progressive for the same coverage.

My quote for MYLR at state farm came to $180 for 6 month period. No claim record for few decades and low mileage, and defensive driving completion. So YMMV. My current 2020 Lexus 450 Rxh premium is $140 for 6 months.

I sent a request for estimates to our Agent a few weeks ago for two different EV options. This is what State Farm said to us...

2021 Tesla Y long range $585 per 6 months

2021 Audi E-Tron $670 per 6 months

Middle-aged person with a house and several other smaller policies with them. Very low deductibles with glass coverage as well.

Reactions: Oldguywaits
That is a tight window....I have refreshed 4 times in the time it took me to write this. 🤞
hah, yeah, it's tight, but I would honestly be very surprised if the EDD doesn't make a change for the worse before a VIN gets assigned. November 13th would only be 86 days from order to delivery, which isn't terribly realistic given other people's experiences. I wouldn't be mad if that happened though :)

$180 vs $1029 I got from Geico haha
How the hell can it be so different. I also have t had any claims over two decades

Progressive gave me a quote close to what I was paying Geico prior to my Model 3. Geico wanted an extra $1200 a year to add the Tesla. We ended up going with Travelers because wife works for them (employee discount) and with bundling our other policies, it came out about $200 less than Progressive for the same coverage.
Looking at your profile..you ordered an MYLR on 5th September and have an EDD of Nov14-Dec12. Wow! I ordered and completed my profile almost 20 days before on 17th August and have an EDD of Dec17-Jan6. This is amazing and weird to see how EDDs are being assigned.