Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also considering the acceleration boost....but that depends on timing of my delivery (if I can get in in November 🤞, then the boost will be my Christmas present, from me, otherwise I will probably wait until 2022...I want to really know what the "stock" acceleration of the MYLR is before changing).
How much does acceleration boost cost? I must have missed that on the Tesla website.

Update from this Midwest July order. EDD has stayed at 11/4-24 since 9/24. Like the rest of you, I update the page many times per day. OD is 7/23. As of today, it’s been 90 days. I’m 14 days away from beginning of EDD.
Another update…this afternoon I get a call from the SC near me (Grand Rapids, MI). The SA told me I would get a VIN within the next 30 days and she wanted to check on license plate and financing. Since I’m transferring a plate (N0M0GAZ), she wanted a photo of the plate and a copy of the registration. (I sent those to the original SA on 7/26 but apparently they didn’t get into the system.)
The wait continues…I wish she had said I am a week or two away from getting a VIN. Inner peace…

Wow…EDD updates at night? Sorry about the widening of the window, but at least you’re still in November. Someone posted they just had an EDD shift that went from Nov-Dec to Jan-Feb.
For me to know that my EDD shifted at night, that would mean I've been refreshing all day. So... in answer to your question, yes, mine shifted at night :)

And as a reminder for myself, what business do I have being impatient when you have a May order and an EDD worse than mine? That's insanity!

Start Rant

just feeling like posting a message because i cannot do anything else. Tesla customer non-service is beyond imagination to me. I ordered 6/17 and had to reject a delivery on 09/12. I tried to take delivery as the repaired in 2 week and still had bumper and tire damaged at delivery. My SA since has give me 4-5 dates of possible VIN and none of them turned out to be true.

They certainly has man power as when i try to chat i get real person but only issue is that real person also see same thing as me and useless.

I am beyond word as a 885 billion company cannot provide any info with any accuracy to their customer. I should have canceled my order and bought some other car but the problem is it is hard to find car right now. I sold my car in June because of all the misinformation Tesla sales guy and their system has been giving and they don't give a xxxx

End of Rant.

Feeling little better.

Same here - got the UPS alert and Tesla Shields confirmed it is the frunk/trunk mats ... interior front and middle mats i am hoping get shipped in the next few days (they said 7-14 days last week) .. so lets see ..

@loggedout - how's the quality of the mats?
First impression: I think they're going to work great and add a nice, clean, functional style to the interior.

Obviously I can't speak for the fitment but I like the texture. The top is like an appropriately grippy rubbery texture. I think they'll be excellent when wet from a grip standpoint. The bottom is covered with tiny rubber dots to keep them in place. Particularly with a well fitting molding, they won't be sliding anywhere. The side walls of the trunk mat are about half as high as the frunk and under trunk mat. I'm hoping the interior mats match the latter, as they'll be better at trapping water and crud. Build quality is on point. The edges were clean. The mold is firm. I didn't notice any defects but I took a 5 minute look at them in okay lighting.

I don't have them yet, but I do wish the TS rear seat mat lips molded differently, more like the LDCRS, but they mentioned their reason was due to variability in Tesla's tolerances. I'm sure I'll get over it.

Last edited:
depending on when it was delivered at the SC, they may take a day to do their own checks and inspection. The M3 was released to us a day after it got here.
Yea the rep I spoke to this morning recommended not rushing those checks else I’ll find myself back in there waiting for a service appointment 😰I won’t be bothered if I have to wait another 15 hrs but I wouldn’t mind it earlier 😁

Cross post:

So I ended up taking delivery. In the scheme of things, sure it would have been nice to have a flawless car but these things happen. First available appt. on the app is Nov. 18 so not too stoked about that, but spoke with manager at Irvine who was super empathetic and said he would call the manager over at Santa Ana and see if they could expedite my appt. I had two missed calls from Tesla on my drive home (didn’t connect my blue tooth prior to leaving (Doh!!) but no message was left. I’ll try calling the manager tomorrow assuming I can find his extension and see if there is anyway to get it in to service sooner. There were basically 3 defects, on the same door thankfully, and two of them had touch up paint applied. DW couldn’t find them, so I will say they were minor but I know they are there, so. Also small alignment issue on same door which they said could “tighten up”. Pics below.

Other than that the car is awesome. I loved my M3 SR+, but this car is so much more refined. Quiet (dual pane glass) and very smooth ride. Acceleration effortless and noticeably quicker. Went for a ride down to the beach and along the coast, caught a sunset and ya know? life is good. It is quite an upgrade, for the extra money (and I actually made money on my M3) I get reset to 5 miles (well 37 now), 2.5 more years of warranty, another motor, faster, more spacious and comfortable, power lift gate, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, better sound system, more leg room for my tall daughters (and seats that recline) 110 more miles of range (my 3 was charging to 216 at 100%) new tires, bio-defense mode, wireless chargers, updated center console. Haha did I miss anything?

Only knock I can think of is the rear view mirror is really small to the point of almost useless, but the rear view camera makes it a non-issue. And of course I’m missing my Homelink but will see if I can’t get that installed on my service to get the paint fixed.

Oh and my insurance through Costco Connect somehow went down in price!!

So yeah very happy I decided to take delivery, and hopefully it’ll get resolved soon. Thanks for the support and talking me off the ledge.

3E018742-ED66-48E7-B470-A17310C0E886.jpeg

20AE2A3E-0FF8-4861-B9B5-C20BE7421EF4.jpeg

First impression: I think they're going to work great and add a nice, clean, functional style to the interior.

Obviously I can't speak for the fitment but I like the texture. The top is like an appropriately grippy rubbery texture. I think they'll be excellent when wet from a grip standpoint. The bottom is covered with tiny rubber dots to keep them in place. Particularly with a well fitting molding, they won't be sliding anywhere. The side walls of the trunk mat are about half as high as the frunk and under trunk mat. I'm hoping the interior mats match the latter, as they'll be better at trapping water and crud. Build quality is on point. The edges were clean. The mold is firm. I didn't notice any defects but I took a 5 minute look at them in okay lighting.

I don't have them yet, but I do wish the TS rear seat mat lips molded differently, more like the LDCRS, but they mentioned their reason was due to variability in Tesla's tolerances. I'm sure I'll get over it.
My Tesla Shield trunk and frunk mats are being delivered tomorrow.

Reactions: loggedout