Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure this data may be on the tracker spreadsheet. Do 7 seats usually delivery slower, or not have a direct effect?

8/31 order/profile date. Jan 8 - Feb 5 EDD
Tesla until now scheduled MYLR deliveries strictly by order date. For some reason 7 seaters were scheduled in a batch lower priority. Buy since the most recent price increase Tesla is focusing on increasing average selling price. No add on options for MYLR EDD is August. Even a single add on can bring the EDD delivery date down to month of May. Pretty much similar to the higher priority for MYP. We do see anecdotal evidence on this forum that many of the people who were not willing to wait for several months for MYLR, changed their order to MYP. Tesla is learning a lot from consumer behavior. Since current demand strips current capacity They can afford to squeeze higher prices while competition does not exist. Make hay while the sun shines. But there is a price point at which demand and capacity will match. No one knows what that is, hence the frequent increases in Tesla car prices.

I’ll be pulling into the driveway nose first. I live on a fairly busy street and always having to back in would get tiresome. Also, it was cheaper to install the hpwc right next to the subpanel, which is toward the front of the garage. Hopefully the wc is getting installed tomorrow morning. This is the first car I actually plan to park in a garage.. typically they are filled with the stuff we don’t actually need or ever use but don’t want to throw away.. 🤣

T
Yes, I am. It’s so great to have the SC in Grand Rapids now. When I first moved to Holland, MI, earlier this year, I had to take my M3 to Chicago for service. Luckily they provided a loaner MS so I was able to return home while I left it there overnight.
Agreed! I will be picking up mine from GR SC as well but have been in that 28 days EDD range for a while now. Hope we start getting our VIN soon.

Is that 6AWG wire inside of conduit? If it's romex, you have to use the 60C rating, which isn't sufficient for 60A. That said, if it's a short run, it's probably fine, but for a longer run I'd probably set the wall connector to top out at 40A.
Do you have a 15-40 or the wall charger setup in your place?

T

Agreed! I will be picking up mine from GR SC as well but have been in that 28 days EDD range for a while now. Hope we start getting our VIN soon.
Do you get to choose which service center to pick from? I have a SC 10 miles south and a new one just opened in an outer suburb 15 NW from my home. I am guessing going to an experienced SC would be better than a new SC with new staff. My worry is resolving the initial quality issues or at least having them record it. It never has been an issue with any cars we bought in the past.

They sent me delivery scheduling notice just now and I scheduled for 01-Nov. How do you recommend the balance to be paid? There is a link “Add bank account and pay”.
Is that what you guys did/recommend? Or is it better to just get the certified check and deliver on day of delivery?
I don’t think I even have a SA so cannot ask this question to the DC directly. Any thoughts?
This is apparently a touch less delivery so I am assuming I won’t be meeting any SA at delivery? Damn has covid19 even more now!!
Had plenty of questions to ask them but guess nobody will be present haha

Reactions: boingolover
They sent me delivery scheduling notice just now and I scheduled for 01-Nov. How do you recommend the balance to be paid? There is a link “Add bank account and pay”.
Is that what you guys did/recommend? Or is it better to just get the certified check and deliver on day of delivery?
I don’t think I even have a SA so cannot ask this question to the DC directly. Any thoughts?
This is apparently a touch less delivery so I am assuming I won’t be meeting any SA at delivery? Damn has covid19 even more now!!
Had plenty of questions to ask them but guess nobody will be present haha
They've been doing touchless delivery for a while. In terms of payment Tesla uses Plaid, a pretty widely used service - you can do your own research if you don't trust it. You could, of course, just do check

They've been doing touchless delivery for a while. In terms of payment Tesla uses Plaid, a pretty widely used service - you can do your own research if you don't trust it. You could, of course, just do check
I may have to check with the center whether even the certified check option works for them? I prefer not to give the bank account # online via Tesla account page if possible. That’s just me being paranoid lol

Do you get to choose which service center to pick from? I have a SC 10 miles south and a new one just opened in an outer suburb 15 NW from my home. I am guessing going to an experienced SC would be better than a new SC with new staff. My worry is resolving the initial quality issues or at least having them record it. It never has been an issue with any cars we bought in the past.
I would not worry about the new or old service center. Tesla has centralized data for user quality issues. So, just go to the one which is convenient for you.

You can always revoke it after the payment is made, so they won't be authorized for further charges, if that's what you're being paranoid about
I just ignored the plaid popup and entered the bank routing/account # manually to complete payment. Now shows payment complete. Can’t wait for 01-Nov!!!