Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh, I've never parked in a garage in my entire life until I got a Tesla. City living... Side note: my outlet is exactly where my charge port would be if it were nose-in but I'd never! So it's the opposite side of the car. It's hard to climb around the car to even get to the outlet so we leave a UMC plugged in and hang it up over a bike wheel or something to get it within relative reach. City living, again....

The land of valets a plenty... but also some of the best food in the world.

Wow, funny how to me it's the OPPOSITE. If I were on a busy street, I'd never want to nose-first into my driveway because then that means backing out into traffic. I'd rather back into a driveway where I know there are no cars, then have full vision nose-first into traffic. To each her own I guess. But side note, my NEMA 14-50 is right next to my panel, which is the exact wrong place for backing in. (It ends up at the front right side corner of the car; would be perfect for if I did nose-in. BUT - the cables are pretty long so you can usually flip the car's orientation and still be fine. It's def. cheaper to install nearest to the panel.
I haven't parked a car in the garage in over 6 some years. Our garage was full of stuff from our old house so we used to park the cars on the driveway. Now that we have an empty ish/bigger garage, we can park both cars in.
It will require some practice, as this driveway curves which is going to be tough in the beginning. I did manage to touch my RAV on the Pods storage container due to the curvature, and since we had stuff unloaded everywhere and very tight space to move the car. I am already scarred from that lol.

In our old place, the driveway was straight, but we lived on a road curve, with plenty of traffic, but I never pulled nose in. Most of the times I was able to back in right away, but other times, I would just pull alongside the driveway with the emergency blinkers, wait for the cars to go, then back in.

I like to be able to drive out of my place, rather than backing out and then driving. Although a moot point now since it is a cul de sac, and no traffic at all. I can drive out anyway I like lol.

Btw.....any edd movement for you? Mine tends to happen after yours 😁

Last edited:
EDD went from Nov 24 - Dec 22 to "October" this morning. Is that just a temporary glitch or can I finally get my hopes up?

MYLR5 | White/Black | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD
OD: 5/23 Profile Completion: 8/2
there is only 5 days left in October. Keep yourself prepared for when they give you a vin :) 🤞

EDD went from Nov 24 - Dec 22 to "October" this morning. Is that just a temporary glitch or can I finally get my hopes up?

MYLR5 | White/Black | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD
OD: 5/23 Profile Completion: 8/2
Same exact model.. same message for me as well..

EDD from 10/23 - 11/18 changed to OCTOBER this morning ? Not sure what that means. Ordered 7/09

Reactions: Arkbird
Amazing how much there suddenly is to do with the VIN — PPF, financing, insurance. For the financing, I am going with BoA (where I bank) — 1.59% for 60 months, which is great, and worth it not to do Tesla financing. I know DCU is a little lower but it’s not worth it to me with the direct deposit, etc. BoA even sends the money directly to Tesla so there’s very little effort involved.

He says “deadhead miles” (miles only driven to get to a charger) as a major cost — I’ve driven about 30 miles these in the last 14,000 miles. It also refers to the “EV tax” as a major cost without offering any specifics. He does the EV cost calcs using “only commercial charging.” I haven’t used a supercharger since August…
30 in 14,000 miles? Lies! I only drive 100 miles a month but a few weeks ago I did 400 miles in a single day doing nothing but looking for chargers. (Kidding, I'm just playing a silly game. I'll see myself out now.)
I like to be able to drive out of my place, rather than backing out and then driving. Although a moot point now since it is a cul de sac, and no traffic at all. I can drive out anyway I like lol.

Btw.....any edd movement for you? Mine tends to happen after yours 😁
I like to be able to drive out too. But city houses/garages/streets can be very very small, especially in an old city like mine.

No EDD change today - still 11/22-12/20.
It seems Hertz has ordered 100000 Tesla recently..... THat may have impacted delivery times for current orders to be pushed to middle 2022....
That may have also impacted the stock price, woohoo! $1 Trillion valuation.

I like to be able to drive out too. But city houses/garages/streets can be very very small, especially in an old city like mine.

No EDD change today - still 11/22-12/20.
Luckily, I guess, I wasn't of driving age when we lived in the city. Only street parking and horrible traffic. I am good at street parking, but would not have liked it on the daily. I still dislike driving in that area today.

I am worried that a regular inspection shop might lift the car incorrectly and damage the battery pack....
Lol, in 2014 I brought my Model S to a local state inspection shop that my father in law knew the owner of. In a small town 2 hours outside the city. I parked the car inside the shop's garage, and the dude took a close walk around the car. Passed it without touching a thing. I was afraid of that too, especially knowing shops had virtually zero experience back then.

Luckily, I guess, I wasn't of driving age when we lived in the city. Only street parking and horrible traffic. I am good at street parking, but would not have liked it on the daily. I still dislike driving in that area today.
This would be why I didn't get a license until I was 21... don't need a car and can't afford one anyway.

Heh, I've never parked in a garage in my entire life until I got a Tesla. City living... Side note: my outlet is exactly where my charge port would be if it were nose-in but I'd never! So it's the opposite side of the car. It's hard to climb around the car to even get to the outlet so we leave a UMC plugged in and hang it up over a bike wheel or something to get it within relative reach. City living, again....

The land of valets a plenty... but also some of the best food in the world.

Wow, funny how to me it's the OPPOSITE. If I were on a busy street, I'd never want to nose-first into my driveway because then that means backing out into traffic. I'd rather back into a driveway where I know there are no cars, then have full vision nose-first into traffic. To each her own I guess. But side note, my NEMA 14-50 is right next to my panel, which is the exact wrong place for backing in. (It ends up at the front right side corner of the car; would be perfect for if I did nose-in. BUT - the cables are pretty long so you can usually flip the car's orientation and still be fine. It's def. cheaper to install nearest to the panel.
I was actually worried about this. My NEMA outlet is also on the other side of my panel on the wrong sidr and I was wondering if I'd have to cave and park nose in or if I could fit the cable around to the other side. Do you have it just go around the back of the car or do you have the cable go over it somehow?

Reactions: PatrickTM
In my personal opinion, tint is a definite yes, including a clear ceramic tint on windshield, possibly roof. I need to see if I can live with an aftermarket roof shade or not before considering roof glass tint. I'll get some Rally Armor mudflaps for protection but most likely skip PPF. Hood PPF is a maybe (metal is expensive, so I'd like to protect it). But bumper covers, mirrors (skullcaps) are plastic and most likely will get replaced at some point in the car's hopefully long life. I just feel weird about protecting pieces of plastic that are designed to be easily replaced.
For the most part I agreed with you... until my wife offered to pay for it then I became a definite yes! So i will get the tints and full frontal PPF but I felt the same way about wrapping plastic parts. But I'm no fool lol.

You’re almost at the finish line, good stuff! Tints are a definite for me as well. Got quoted $699 for XPEL XR Plus here in VA for door windows & hatch window. It would be an extra $600 for the roof, but I’m gonna opt outta that for now to see if the stock heat rejection will be enough for my area. Windshield tint of any kind is a no-go in VA, so that option is off the table.
I decided to get the roof done as well, from everything i've read and have been told by professionals is that the roof has some protection but not nearly enough for full protection. I also will not be keeping mine in our garage, but in our driveway so i'm just taking additional precautions.

I would say get PPF done. My brother delayed getting his decision made on doing ppf ourselves vs. with a pro. Guess what, he got a rock chip on the front, which was discovered when most of the front was done PPF'ing. The shop informed him then about it. I have to check if that was the metal area (it looked like it) vs plastic. It is right where the bumper is meeting the top, next to the headlight. Funny, it is in the area right outside the frame of my profile picture, on the right.
But the length my brother has gone to get it fixed and still not getting it back to 100% is baffling, and is driving him insane. Even the SC couldn't do much which is surprising me. The PPF shop gave the matching paint to my brother, gave him another shop that could buff it out, while Tesla couldn't do that.
He is finally giving up and going back tomorrow to get the ppf back on it.

So I am making sure I get my ppf or vinyl ordered soon before I see my car.
I'm going straight to the shop to drop it off. A little sad that I won't be able to enjoy the car right away but it will be worth it.

I am actually planning on getting XPEL stealth...lowest I have found was 6k which is crazy to me, but I have been marveling at the satin matte for about 5 years. I plan on keeping this car for a minute, so I am pulling the trigger. I am also considering the acceleration boost....but that depends on timing of my delivery (if I can get in in November 🤞, then the boost will be my Christmas present, from me, otherwise I will probably wait until 2022...I want to really know what the "stock" acceleration of the MYLR is before changing). So I plan on spending at least another 9K (going to get tinting as well). Hopefully my wife won't kill me because of the costs. I have almost gotten every possible accessory already (still need a few things for the interior of the car, and maybe one thing for the exterior). Just need a car to put them in.....
Congrats on being so close....!!
I gotta say, the quote I got for full was 5K and 1800 for full frontal. I live in NYC and i've seen such crazy higher prices elsewhere, I always assumed that NYC would be one of the more expensive locations.

I am adding tints on every piece of window glass on the car for $900 Xpel Ceramic Plus. Very surprised with the pricing. And it's a very reputable shop.

For the most part I agreed with you... until my wife offered to pay for it then I became a definite yes! So i will get the tints and full frontal PPF but I felt the same way about wrapping plastic parts. But I'm no fool lol.

I decided to get the roof done as well, from everything i've read and have been told by professionals is that the roof has some protection but not nearly enough for full protection. I also will not be keeping mine in our garage, but in our driveway so i'm just taking additional precautions.

I'm going straight to the shop to drop it off. A little sad that I won't be able to enjoy the car right away but it will be worth it.

I gotta say, the quote I got for full was 5K and 1800 for full frontal. I live in NYC and i've seen such crazy higher prices elsewhere, I always assumed that NYC would be one of the more expensive locations.

I am adding tints on every piece of window glass on the car for $900 Xpel Ceramic Plus. Very surprised with the pricing. And it's a very reputable shop.
Yeah same. Gonna drop the car off same day to get PPF. Will consider tint in the future if needed. Also in NYC. Quotes look familiar. Might be same spot

Reactions: CharlesCastle
I was actually worried about this. My NEMA outlet is also on the other side of my panel on the wrong sidr and I was wondering if I'd have to cave and park nose in or if I could fit the cable around to the other side. Do you have it just go around the back of the car or do you have the cable go over it somehow?
Ignore my squawking in this video but check out how my S is parked. My outlet is slightly out of the camera's frame on the left side, a few inches above and to the left of that foam panel stuck to the wall (for door cushion...) The UMC that came with the Model S is plugged into that outlet and then just sort of lays along the ground, or slightly suspended, to where the bikes are hanging up. We used to leave the cable on the bike wheel. (Now, we use the bikes a lot but rarely charge the car in the garage because we've since added a HPWC outside.) There is barely enough space to walk behind the car so you kind of walk halfway back and reach over the car to grab the charge cable off the hanging bike and it semi lays on the ground behind the car/semi suspends in the air.

Long story short, it was long enough to wrap around to the opposite side of the car, even if you pulled it as tight as it would go whereby it was touching the tires/ground.