Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called my SA today to see if MYLR was close to getting to the deal since I have a next Monday pickup scheduled. He said it arrived today and they would be checking it over…so of course I had to ask if it might be ready this Thursday or Friday for pickup instead….waiting for a call back from the Delivery team to see if that’s doable….🤞🙏🍷
Just got off phone with Tesla and next Monday’s pickup has been moved up to tomorrow afternoon! Was going to transfer plates from another car so we could give that car to our sons family so our newly driving granddaughter will have wheels, but Tesla said they FedEx title and paperwork and have to wait 7 days before transferring? Does that sound correct to those who have already taken possession of their Tesla’s?

My wife always complains that she's never been able to name anything ever since her childhood pets. When we ordered I told her to think of a name because this one is on her. So far she's got nothin'.

Can you change the name? Because I'm thinking it'll have to start out as PTBNL (the infamous Player to be Named Later often included in sports trades).

Yes, you can change the name any time. We named our LR RWD M3 "Powder".

Replying to myself...Turns out that when they did the subwoofer install at the factory, it pinched the wiring harness and snapped the wire to the turn signal. All fixed now. Super happy to have Oatmeal home. Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.

I still am not believing that my MYLR is in my driveway after only 59 days since ordering. I'm watching you guys with 100+ days and am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Pics of Oatmeal and its smaller sibling Blueberry.😁
Are those front mud flaps I see?? 👀
Did those come during delivery or did you install em yourself before the pic? If from delivery, did they also include the rear door PPF??

An EDD range of almost a month is probably not a good indicator of anything, right?

Been holding steady at Nov 05 - Dec 03 for a few weeks at this point and am hoping it's actually accurate for once...
That's a fairly standard range, but you're pretty close to the beginning of your EDD. So usually when that happens, it either moves right and the range stays similar, or it shrinks. It's not a rule - there are no rules here - but a lot of times that smaller gap is what happens just before a VIN is assigned. For me, my range shrank, I got excited, then it pushed out and widened, I got sad, and then I got a VIN a few days later. YMMV

That's a fairly standard range, but you're pretty close to the beginning of your EDD. So usually when that happens, it either moves right and the range stays similar, or it shrinks. It's not a rule - there are no rules here -
“Welcome to EDD Club.

The first rule of EDD club is you complain about your EDD.

The second rule is EDD club is you complain about your EDD…”

Sorry - couldn’t help myself.

So... I have to say I think this is the quitest stretch I've witnessed in this thread since I've been obsessively following it for months... It's almost a shame to break the silcence, but part of me is wondering if the forum is broken :D

Anyway, sorry if I spoiled the collective game of 1-2-3 quiet mouse.
That was indeed a long delay. That's ripe for analysis, too. Distribution of time between replies. Redefining MTTR (Mean Time to Reply). I won't be doing that though.

I have kept up with this thread's pace, however. Since the beginning of the quarter we've averaged around 92 posts per day, which is well below the long term average of about 200 posts per day. You'll see in the attached chart that May-hem skewed those averages slightly, but activity is cooling off slowly. (Full dataset in the second tab in my EDD spreadsheet in my signature)

1635992356492.png

Ah damn. Picked up a 2021 MYLR7 yesterday and the driver side window is so damned distorted, everytime I look at the side mirror, I instantly get nauseous. Wished I picked it up during inspection, I’d never accept delivery. Now I gotta wait for appointment and it’s well into December. Just my luck. That was literally the only flaw aside from some fender misalignment.

That was indeed a long delay. That's ripe for analysis, too. Distribution of time between replies. Redefining MTTR (Mean Time to Reply). I won't be doing that though.

I have kept up with this thread's pace, however. Since the beginning of the quarter we've averaged around 92 posts per day, which is well below the long term average of about 200 posts per day. You'll see in the attached chart that May-hem skewed those averages slightly, but activity is cooling off slowly. (Full dataset in the second tab in my EDD spreadsheet in my signature)
I guess as delivery times have got extended, there is not much imminent excitement coming. So the number of posts may have dropped off. I see a big "hole" in deliveries from mid-November to end of December for Model YLR deliveries. The deliveries fall off around 5th September order date. I suspect around that time some spare capacity is being created for Tesla orders. The other thing of intrigue to me is that pretty much most Model 3 orders and MYP orders come so fast. Why is only MYLR so delayed? What is so special about it? I don't think Tesla would want MYP ordered today to be delivered next month and then MYLR booked today to be delivered in September. If pricing or profit was the case, Model 3 LR's are not delayed at all.

An EDD range of almost a month is probably not a good indicator of anything, right?

Been holding steady at Nov 05 - Dec 03 for a few weeks at this point and am hoping it's actually accurate for once...
It's MSM batch being made right now. Wait for Blue and your EDD will shift......

View attachment 729107
Ahh, the good old “Containment Hold” days in early May when no Ys were being delivered nationwide. I was caught up in that (eventually took delivery in early June).

Super happy to have Oatmeal home. Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.
I first learned about the wonders of Tesla cars from a comic strip called The Oatmeal: What it's like to own a Tesla Model S (a cartoonist's review of his magical space car). Reading this review caused me to want to someday own a Tesla. Mission accomplished!

[...] but Tesla said they FedEx title and paperwork and have to wait 7 days before transferring? Does that sound correct to those who have already taken possession of their Tesla’s?
It took almost a month for me to get the paperwork and that seemed to be either a cosmic coincidence or the result of a phone campaign I launched to get it before my temp plates expired. I know the date because in that same phone call I got a missing order from the Tesla store worked out which resulted in me getting an email. I love the car but I'm not a big fan of the customer service. I hope things go more smoothly for you.