Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I think i know the answer already but thought I should ask just in case.

I have ordered a MSM with 19” wheels about a month ago sight unseen except for photos on the internet. However, I just took a test drive and in the gallery at the service center they had an MSM Y with inductions and the wheels look amazing compared to the geminis.

Would I be able to change my order and just pay the additional $2,000 induction price or would I also have the pay the additional increase in the price of the car since I ordered? Which was $3,000 until they just lowered then MSM color to $0.

Edit: FYI. the ride was awesome. My 2012 grand Cherokee felt so slow and unresponsive afterwards.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker

I have ordered a MSM with 19” wheels about a month ago sight unseen except for photos on the internet. However, I just took a test drive and in the gallery at the service center they had an MSM Y with inductions and the wheels look amazing compared to the geminis.

Would I be able to change my order and just pay the additional $2,000 induction price or would I also have the pay the additional increase in the price of the car since I ordered? Which was $3,000 until they just lowered then MSM color to $0.

Edit: FYI. the ride was awesome. My 2012 grand Cherokee felt so slow and unresponsive afterwards.
Any order change will default to the new pricing. It might be cheaper to buy 20" inductions off someone else or go aftermarket.

Just curious. Is there a trend that Tesla assigns vins based on batches of vehicle colors, order date or a combination of both?
Primarily batches of vehicle color and interior produced. Somewhat related to order dates in that earlier orders get priority, but geography plays a big factor too, east coast typically early in quarter, west coast later in quarter, California locals get the final push.

Reddit alerted me to new MY changes. Base price jumped $1k for LR and P. MSM is now a "free" paint color. Solid black now costs $1500.

A base MY now costs what my Red/White/Tow MY cost in August. And nearly as much as a fully loaded MY would have run you in February.
What’s going on…. Is Tesla trying to price like Lucid?

Primarily batches of vehicle color and interior produced. Somewhat related to order dates in that earlier orders get priority, but geography plays a big factor too, east coast typically early in quarter, west coast later in quarter, California locals get the final push.
I see. Thank you for clarifying that.

Reddit alerted me to new MY changes. Base price jumped $1k for LR and P. MSM is now a "free" paint color. Solid black now costs $1500.

A base MY now costs what my Red/White/Tow MY cost in August. And nearly as much as a fully loaded MY would have run you in February.
WOW…..
1636077057808.gif

I guess you wouldn't get screwed if you wanted to add the inductions since you'll pay $2k more for inductions, $1k more for price increase, but $1k less because MSM is now included. So it'd be just the same as if you ordered inductions from the start. Definitely confirm that with your SA or whoever when you change. Tesla is honoring whatever the price currently is for changes, regardless of any other factors. You only lock in a price when you don't make any changes.

I guess you wouldn't get screwed if you wanted to add the inductions since you'll pay $2k more for inductions, $1k more for price increase, but $1k less because MSM is now included. So it'd be just the same as if you ordered inductions from the start.

I probably didn’t word it correctly. Before today’s price chang the base price had increased $3,000 since I ordered. After today the base price is now $4,000 more but the MSM color dropped by $1,000. So it sounds like if I switch to inductions I would have to pay $2,000 for inductions and another $3,000 for the price increase. Not worth $5,000. Will either get aftermarket wheels or aftermarket wheel covers.

Crazy to think the base price has gone up $5k since I ordered. 🥴

So something else to keep in mind, the Gemini's look much better with the aero cap removed. I still think the Inductions look better personally, but if I had known how nice the Geminis look sans cap the practicality of the 19" might have won out over the aesthetics. But I would agree with @Prax , you would definitely come out ahead buying aftermarket or used Inductions rather than facing a price reset and / or losing your place in line. There are a lot of nice aftermarket options out there.

This is what the Gemini looks like without the cap:

tesla-gemini-wheel-cap-kit.jpg