Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! I'm curious if Raleigh SC cars come with either PPF or mud flaps? Hopefully the SC takes care of your concerns. In general, the Raleigh SC seems to be one of the better ones in terms of doing right by customers from polling here and on the FB group. Hoping that stays the case with the boom in the number of Tesla cars I see in the Triangle area.
No mudflaps or PPF that I can tell. Response I got for service was as I expected “Looking at your photo, the rear hatch actually looks just fine, and wouldn't need any adjustment to fit within our manufacturing spec.” They have offered to take a closer. I have to decided if I have the time to take it back for service. My wife thinks I wouldn’t have noticed it if not for being aware and looking for issues.

No mudflaps or PPF that I can tell. Response I got for service was as I expected “Looking at your photo, the rear hatch actually looks just fine, and wouldn't need any adjustment to fit within our manufacturing spec.” They have offered to take a closer. I have to decided if I have the time to take it back for service. My wife thinks I wouldn’t have noticed it if not for being aware and looking for issues.
I respectfully disagree with your wife. That’s pretty noticeable.

Disappointing to hear. I'd appreciate it if you could keep us posted on how this plays out and what you decide. Either ways, enjoy the car!

Picked up at Mt Kisco today! Everything was great. Smooth efficient process; the Tesla person was really helpful; and best of all, the car is terrific. No issues, at least that I could see. Straight off to a PPF place nearby, so I won’t have it until late this week, but still happy (and relieved!). My two young boys love it and we’re laughing at the acceleration (even on the LR, without boost).

Good luck to all those who are still waiting…

Attachments

• 39089534-E10D-4EB3-BA94-21F1797714C3.jpeg
    39089534-E10D-4EB3-BA94-21F1797714C3.jpeg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 60
Picked up at Mt Kisco today! Everything was great. Smooth efficient process; the Tesla person was really helpful; and best of all, the car is terrific. No issues, at least that I could see. Straight off to a PPF place nearby, so I won’t have it until late this week, but still happy (and relieved!). My two young boys love it and we’re laughing at the acceleration (even on the LR, without boost).

Good luck to all those who are still waiting…
Did it come with the mud flaps and rear panel ppf?

O/D 10/20. EDD 12/6-12/31. St Louis service center.

Went with a Performance to pull up the order date since we got more cash for my truck if we sell now. Will live with one vehicle for a while so definitely hoping delivery days is on earlier side.
Have they assigned you a VIN yet? Ordered mine on 11/4... curious how long I have before getting it.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Hi everyone I just purchased my Tesla today and I’m trying to figure out why it is so exciting to get a vin? What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that your delivery is within a week can someone shed some light on this please?
My understanding is the that VIN means your car now physically exists and is in some form of assembly. In general this also allows you to get insurance as many agencies require a VIN to issue insurance.

*Edit: Also, according to the sticky/google sheets thread pinned to the top the average delivery date is 12 days once you are assigned a VIN.