Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to a random SA in Duluth ga location. He said I had a soft match and that if I didn’t have a vin by MondayI should have a vin around Nov 20. Do u know if sa’s have tools that show them this stuff? I’ve been on the thread for 107 days so far :)
Hit or miss. Some say they do, some say they don’t. We had a soft match that didn’t hit so……

Got a VIN yesterday!

2022 MYLR/Red/White/7. OD 7/23, EDD now 11/16-11/22. Is it common for the car to have 15 miles on it? If these are coming straight off of production how is it possible to already have 15 miles lol?
15 miles is their standard place holder. Unless you’re buying a demo car, it will arrive with less than 5 miles

Here is another titbit FWIW. Once you take delivery you will notice that your car is stuck in a software erosion that could be behind by several updates. For example my version shows 2021.35.102. There are many updates since then. Apparently now we simply wait till they get to your VIN batch to push updates. It could be days, weeks or couple months it seems (per forum posts on this).
All you need to do is to ensure you have selected ADVANCED option for software updates and also make sure the WiFi signal is strong at the passenger door where antenna rests.
AFTER DELIVERY INFO:
So even after delivery the WAIT is still ongoing hahaha But Tesla pushes “Firmware” updates too which apparently are heavyweights so they do in batches. I don’t understand the technical details but understood that I simply have to wait patiently for my turn for updates to show up.
Meanwhile car automatically steers itself on even local roads. Won’t follow the navigation though YET. It recognizes the lights but pauses even if green until I nudge the accelerator and say “keep going boy”!! On highways the lane change works well!!
It did try to break suddenly in weird locations which was scary

View attachment 730300
Is this something to worry about? Its been stuck at ("null representative") for 3 weeks now. Should I contact my deliver location people? Getting a little nervous that my order has somehow fallen through the cracks.
You need to complete payment. I had mine not completed for 2 months and it pushed me back. Just select cash, if you want to finance, you can have SA change it before you accept delivery. If you select finance now, it will hit your credit report and expires in 60 day

View attachment 730300
Is this something to worry about? Its been stuck at ("null representative") for 3 weeks now. Should I contact my deliver location people? Getting a little nervous that my order has somehow fallen through the cracks.
I'd just call them and ask whatever, if for nothing else than piece of mind. I had to wait on hold for around 30 minutes for my local showroom to actually answer the call, but when they did they were pretty helpful.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
My 5 year old son loves coming with me to go wherever I'm going, and in my Tacoma he would say to drive "1000 speed" (yes, we'll work on units of measure at some point). I would always safely oblige, because, well, why not? He would always respond with a "yeah" or laughter, etc..

First drive in the MYLR with him, he asks the obligatory "Dad, go 1000 speed!" again, I oblige... silence for a few seconds... followed by "Dad, you have to be careful, this car is dangerous and the police are going to pull you over."

He's certainly not wrong with the second part of that sentence! This car could become a problem. 😁

My 5 year old son loves coming with me to go wherever I'm going, and in my Tacoma he would say to drive "1000 speed" (yes, we'll work on units of measure at some point). I would always safely oblige, because, well, why not? He would always respond with a "yeah" or laughter, etc..

First drive in the MYLR with him, he asks the obligatory "Dad, go 1000 speed!" again, I oblige... silence for a few seconds... followed by "Dad, you have to be careful, this car is dangerous and the police are going to pull you over."

He's certainly not wrong with the second part of that sentence! This car could become a problem. 😁
Haha, smart guy

You need to complete payment. I had mine not completed for 2 months and it pushed me back. Just select cash, if you want to finance, you can have SA change it before you accept delivery. If you select finance now, it will hit your credit report and expires in 60 day
Thanks. I hit change and it resolved it. Now hoping for a VIN to be assigned soon.

Here is another titbit FWIW. Once you take delivery you will notice that your car is stuck in a software erosion that could be behind by several updates. For example my version shows 2021.35.102. There are many updates since then. Apparently now we simply wait till they get to your VIN batch to push updates. It could be days, weeks or couple months it seems (per forum posts on this).
All you need to do is to ensure you have selected ADVANCED option for software updates and also make sure the WiFi signal is strong at the passenger door where antenna rests.
AFTER DELIVERY INFO:
So even after delivery the WAIT is still ongoing hahaha But Tesla pushes “Firmware” updates too which apparently are heavyweights so they do in batches. I don’t understand the technical details but understood that I simply have to wait patiently for my turn for updates to show up.
Meanwhile car automatically steers itself on even local roads. Won’t follow the navigation though YET. It recognizes the lights but pauses even if green until I nudge the accelerator and say “keep going boy”!! On highways the lane change works well!!
It did try to break suddenly in weird locations which was scary
I got my Model Y 3 months after friend who lives 2 houses down. He got 1 software update (2021.32.22) after a month or 2 ... since then nothing .. I have got 3 updates so far. Just missing the last one (2021.40). He has the same settings as mine ..

Attachments

• S:W version.jpg
    S:W version.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 56
I got my Model Y 3 months after friend who lives 2 houses down. He got 1 software update (2021.32.22) after a month or 2 ... since then nothing .. I have got 3 updates so far. Just missing the last one (2021.40). He has the same settings as mine ..
If you scour the forums, there were some "chip shortage" hardware revisions that were sold some months ago, and were on a different fork of the OS for a while. As far as I understood it they had managed to merge those, but who knows.

Some cars experiencing bugs and get updates in between some don’t and get only major updates. That is why some people get more updates vs others. I wouldn’t worry about it much.

Hello all. I am trying to get insurance quotes with my company for an MYP and an MY LR to understand the difference in rates. My company's (Metromile) online portal requires a valid VIN. I someone is ok with it, could they share their 2022 MYP and MY LR actual VINs with me so that I can get a quote? I tried making up some numbers, but it tells me that the VIN is invalid. Thanks!