Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting 🥲 OD:07/22 WHITE WITH BLACK INTERIOR MYLR7
Estimated Delivery: November 20 - December 04

I am without car since school started, my senior in high school takes my car. I drop my wife to work whenever I need a car. Feeling really handicapped.
I have white on white with a similar date range. I hope this range is true.

I got a VIN today of MF311xxx, but I am seeing other people getting NF309xxx. Can anyone shed some light on mine being a 2021 model, but having a latter set of numbers? How would 309xxx come after 311xxx? Thanks.
Could be a vehicle that was mostly complete and waiting for parts. Then finished when the last part was installed. There is a major shortage of all sorts of things, you know?

I got a VIN today of MF311xxx, but I am seeing other people getting NF309xxx. Can anyone shed some light on mine being a 2021 model, but having a latter set of numbers? How would 309xxx come after 311xxx? Thanks.
Probably a reject, or someone who couldn't take delivery. I got a 2021 assigned as well. MF302. Or what @thecavalry mentioned.
Picking mine up tomorrow.

I just got the webinar invite email. Is the general consensus that this forum provides way more knowledge than the webinars?
I haven't actually done one yet, we had one scheduled the day before we took delivery this past weekend but we realized it clashed with dinner plans so we skipped it. We have another one scheduled this coming weekend, not sure if we'll bother.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Probably a reject, or someone who couldn't take delivery. I got a 2021 assigned as well. MF302. Or what @thecavalry mentioned.
Picking mine up tomorrow.
I'd be surprised if rejected cars got a new VIN. Not even sure that's legal? But it's unexpected either way. VINs truly aren't sequential apparently.

Last edited:
Wow! That is a lot of hard work! Mad respect for DIYing your own front bumper PPF.

Also, I think it’s so interesting your observation about your kids finding the sound of a combustion engine weird and unusual after living with an EV! I think soon there will be a whole generation of people who will have no experience with combustion engines, just like how we currently have a whole generation of people who have no experience with manual transmissions. The times they are a-changing!
I have lurked on this forum for a couple of months now and it has been fun getting to know you all through your journeys. I am a proud yet dejected owner of a ‘99 Subaru Outback with manual transmission. The reason I waited for so long to buy a Tesla is I wanted to get the single casting. And the head gasket on the Subie failed In August. It is my second failed head gasket (car has 180K miles). So I have placed an order for a MSM MYLR. It is an August order, so EDD is Dec 8-31 after being at Nov 16-Dec 14 for 4 weeks. But feels like the end of an era. My 17-yr old son wants the Subie. Drives like a dream, but is a rust bucket, with a lot of Bondo. Want both my sons to know how to drive a manual, because that is what the rest of the world does. And I learned to drive in India - where it is opposite handed driving! They both know how timing belts are changed, because I did them at home with help from a mechanic. But I draw the line on an at-home head gasket repair! But I am bridging the generations here. And am no longer enamored of the carbon cost of the Subie at 23 mpg. The times, they need a-changing! But what would be cool is having some kind of manual option on a EV platform. I know everyone is talking about FSD and all that, I still like one hand on the wheel, another on a stick.

So far this is the only picture I've managed to snap
How was your delivery experience!? Don't forget to pay the picture tax 😂
Well, so far this is the only picture I've had a chance to snap. I'll take more after I get the PPF done :)

tesler.jpeg

Honestly I don't know? What am I looking for here?
lol
@acatwith12

Does this answer the question?

View attachment 730848
Oh, oh ty! Sorry, I thought you had a 2022 VIN - people were wondering if they would update the white interior to match the 3's white interior with "2022". If you look on Tesla's website for Model 3 and choose white you'll see that on the driver/passenger side door it's a much smaller sliver of white than the Y (the one you currently have)

lol

Oh, oh ty! Sorry, I thought you had a 2022 VIN - people were wondering if they would update the white interior to match the 3's white interior with "2022". If you look on Tesla's website for Model 3 and choose white you'll see that on the driver/passenger side door it's a much smaller sliver of white than the Y (the one you currently have)
Ahh, I see. No, I'm not lucky enough to have gotten a 2022 VIN. I got my VIN about a week before the 2022's were minted. But from looking at the site I see what you mean about the differences compared to the model 3 with white interior now.

My EDD changed again on Saturday, with the window expanding to 7 days from 5 and the front-end date moving closer. New EDD is Nov 14-20!

09/18 OD (at time of order it said “November” delivery)
09/20 EDD changed to 10/10-10/30
09/30 EDD changed to 11/01-11/21
10/11 EDD changed to 11/13-12/11
11/02 EDD changed to 11/16-11/27
11/04 EDD changed to 11/18-11/22
11/06 EDD changed to 11/14-11/20

I had to step out of the workforce for a couple months (long story), but I am about to re-enter (two job offers expected this week). My credit union (NFCU) recently would not approve an auto loan due to lack of “verifiable income”, despite my credit score being >800, them having full visibility of the money I have in my accounts, and me being a 40+yr member. With my MYP coming in a little quicker than expected, I might be in a pickle and needing to pay cash for the car versus getting a pre-approved loan and using a draft from NFCU. I’m bummed because sinking that kind of cash into a car, especially while interest rates are this low, is a very poor use of capital, imo. I’m hoping to have a signed offer letter for a new job this week and maybe that will be sufficient for NFCU to approve a loan in very short order. If the loan does not happen, I’ll likely order another new car and flip this one a few months down the road, so I can buy the next one with a loan. If the loan does happen, I plan to then spend some money on XPEL Stealth to 1) protect the car and 2) change the appearance to matte/satin black.

That brings me to the next topic, XPEL. I’ve called 4 different authorized installers here in the N VA market and the quotes for XPEL Stealth have been $6,500, $7,500, and 2x $8,500. The lowest quote was from a reputable vendor a friend recommended and they have great reviews online. While speaking with one of the $8,500 vendors today, I asked why such huge discrepancy in pricing for the same exact thing in the same market. His reasoning was that they do everything custom and there would be no original blk visible, while other shops may use pre-cut material and the wrap may miss some of the details and not look as good. I’m not really buying that, as it relates to my $6,500 vendor. Heck, i feel like that price is even high compared to what I’ve read on these threads, albeit in other markets. If anyone reading has had a Xpel Stealth wrap done in the DC area, I’d love to hear about your experience.

I have lurked on this forum for a couple of months now and it has been fun getting to know you all through your journeys. I am a proud yet dejected owner of a ‘99 Subaru Outback with manual transmission. The reason I waited for so long to buy a Tesla is I wanted to get the single casting. And the head gasket on the Subie failed In August. It is my second failed head gasket (car has 180K miles). So I have placed an order for a MSM MYLR. It is an August order, so EDD is Dec 8-31 after being at Nov 16-Dec 14 for 4 weeks. But feels like the end of an era. My 17-yr old son wants the Subie. Drives like a dream, but is a rust bucket, with a lot of Bondo. Want both my sons to know how to drive a manual, because that is what the rest of the world does. And I learned to drive in India - where it is opposite handed driving! They both know how timing belts are changed, because I did them at home with help from a mechanic. But I draw the line on an at-home head gasket repair! But I am bridging the generations here. And am no longer enamored of the carbon cost of the Subie at 23 mpg. The times, they need a-changing! But what would be cool is having some kind of manual option on a EV platform. I know everyone is talking about FSD and all that, I still like one hand on the wheel, another on a stick.
I’ve had a couple Outback’s of that vintage, the head gaskets were an issue right up until 2012ish, I believe. Love those cars and the AWD is top notch, can’t wait to see how the Y and dual model AWD compares.

Driving a manual transmission is such a great experience, and I have great memories of learning in high school. Pretty sure my kids will never know the joy of pushing an engine to 5–6k rpm’s or the terror of a stop sign hill start with someone behind you, it’s a little sad but I am happy we’re moving away from the CO emissions and towards a more eco-friendly future (come on cold fusion!)… perhaps someone will retrofit a transmission with an electric powered engine. I’d try that out, however inefficient it is.

I'd be surprised if rejected cars got a new VIN. Not even sure that's legal? But it's unexpected either way. VINs truly aren't sequential apparently.
Yea, most likely someone who is putting their order on hold, so they will pass that vehicle on to someone else.