Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't by yourself, you gotta call Tesla to ask (or ask chat) ... or try to remember when you filled it out lol
So as long as I’m seeing this, I have completed my profile? I’m *slightly* worried since my EDD stayed the same since day one of completing my profile (Nov 27 - Dec 17)

Next Steps
  • We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.
  • Prepare to drive and charge your Tesla by completing the Meet Your Tesla overview

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
OK so I took delivery of my 2022 MYLR today. Black/White 20”s, Tow. A few people wanted confirmation about any potential differences from the 2021 to the 2022. I looked through the car pretty thoroughly and I don’t see any changes. I’ve included a few pics and one of the doors inside set up as I know many are wondering when Tesla will switch to the same inner door format as the Model 3. My price was $5,650 below the current order price for the same vehicle.
Even with the minor issues, beautiful vehicle. Can’t wait to see a black exterior MY in my garage.
I never thought to look under the front and back bumpers…will add this to my list, whenever I get to inspect a car.

Note about ride quality - after complaining about how rough the ride was, it finally occurred to me to check the tire pressure. All of the tires were a bit over inflated. Dropping them to 42 psi has improved the ride quality some.
Well that’s a good point. I do that all the time both gravel cycling and mountain biking, but never think to do that with my cars.

My YLR had a JAN EDD, slipped to FEB then April and today June... I actually thought things might be quicker with people delaying thir delivery in hopes of a rebate but it looks like things are getting more backed up.

I picked up a reservation for the F150 when the CT got delayed and will see what comes first next year. I may just sell my MY Model Y reservation next year for $5-10K and put it towards the truck

My YLR had a JAN EDD, slipped to FEB then April and today June... I actually thought things might be quicker with people delaying thir delivery in hopes of a rebate but it looks like things are getting more backed up.

I picked up a reservation for the F150 when the CT got delayed and will see what comes first next year. I may just sell my MY Model Y reservation next year for $5-10K and put it towards the truck
I expect EDD to fluctuate, and hopefully stabilize in the first part of the year. I’m waiting for the MACAN, but that is a year away. Hoping Texas comes online soon to reduce backlog.

Ok I know I’ve used this meme before but it’s my favorite….
Pick up scheduled for 12pm next Tuesday!!!! 🍾🥂

1636824570969.gif

How exactly does one “sell” their Model Y reservation? Not that I would ever consider doing this, but it seems to me that if there were an easy way to sell a reservation for 5K-10K, a market for this would spring up very quickly. Earning $10K for a $250 investment in under a year is quite a ROI.

How exactly does one “sell” their Model Y reservation? Not that I would ever consider doing this, but it seems to me that if there were an easy way to sell a reservation for 5K-10K, a market for this would spring up very quickly. Earning $10K for a $250 investment in under a year is quite a ROI.
I have to believe you need to take delivery. And then turn around and sell it. New/nearly new MY are going for $10k+ over paid amount. I can wait the 8 months.

I have to believe you need to take delivery. And then turn around and sell it. New/nearly new MY are going for $10k+ over paid amount. I can wait the 8 months.
I suppose I can see people flipping cars given the tight supplies. Still, you would need to mark up your car enough to recoup your delivery fee, sales tax, etc. Hopefully this era doesn’t last. Strange times.

I'd asked about this earlier elsewhere. It is possible but tedious. You basically setup a new Tesla account for yourself (if you are the reservation seller) and you unregister any existing products with the current account with the order, then change the primary email address for the old account with reservation to the buyer's email address and then provide them with the account password. Accepting delivery and flipping isn't nearly as lucrative due to taxes and all the extra hassle though I'm sure there are some still doing that.

I'd asked about this earlier elsewhere. It is possible but tedious. You basically setup a new Tesla account for yourself (if you are the reservation seller) and you unregister any existing products with the current account with the order, then change the primary email address for the old account with reservation to the buyer's email address and then provide them with the account password. Accepting delivery and flipping isn't nearly as lucrative due to taxes and all the extra hassle though I'm sure there are some still doing that.
That makes more sense. I would buy a used MY or Model 3 but used prices are exceeding new prices. I’ll continue to wait it out.

I was planning on just handing over my Tesla account (after changing the email) and they could update the registration and payment info for the car . I would loose my CT reservation as well so I may ask more. If I already had a Tesla this wouldn't be possible.