Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well y'all, good things come to those who wait (through EDD madness, through endless refreshes, etc). As of 7:01 PM last night, we are officially Tesla owners! Given our luck, I just KNEW either our trade in (the Audi) was going to blow up, get totaled, or a meteor was going to hit the Tesla store at some point on our two hour drive to the SC. All told, we were at Tesla for about an hour and a half, most of that was processing the trade in, and our SA helping us get the car set up. We had a pretty late appointment (6 PM) and were the only customers in the store.

While I'm on a stream of consciousness, I had plans of checking each and every thing with my mental checklist, but TRUST ME you won't remember a single thing when you first see your car 😅 I gave it a reasonable inspection, and found two issues, both of which can be fixed by mobile service: The passenger window makes a loud pop when it rolls down, and the rear hatch was badly misaligned (one side was flush with the bumper, the other was about half an inch proud of the bumper). Nothing major enough to spoil the sheer joy of pulling away in your very own Tesla.

Also FWIW, I had plans of manually entering my bank account info, but opted to use Plaid since it was getting late, I didn't want to cause any delays, and I was just ready to get behind the wheel. As of this morning, it hasn't come out of my account yet.

Keep the faith, your time will come!

View attachment 734289
View attachment 734290
FYI, I entered this thread on page 1070, and took delivery on 2075 - almost exactly 1,000 pages went by since July 31 🤣

Kids today are spoiled. In my day, the wall charger was $1500. Yes, $1500. So I didn't even consider it vs. the $9 NEMA 14-50 outlet that my buddy charged me $50 to install next to my breaker. At $500, it's tempting. (I eventually got a free black Elon Musk-signature wall connector from the referral program, so that's installed outside for driveway charging.)
Really, $500 is not that much. Especially with the tax credit. The biggest cost will be the electrician if you use one.

For me, when I had to run new service to my garage last year I had them run 220 in anticipation. When placed the order for our Y I got the wall charger and did the work myself, which is for me a 1 banana job.

I will take the tax credit this year for the cost of the wall charger and add in the cost of running the 220 last year (I had to run cable anyway). I think I'll make out pretty well.

Call the SC or the 888 number and have them change it. Your MVPA will be in your account below the EDD part at the very bottom. You need the 8 page one that lists the bank name on it but download that after they've changed the financing so it's updated
thank you! I see the MVPA on the site, already downloaded it but will get it updated. Not sure what I need the MVPA for?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
thank you! I see the MVPA on the site, already downloaded it but will get it updated. Not sure what I need the MVPA for?
After they update the financing, it should update. It might take a little but it will.
I believe the banks need it to show they are the lender so they can put a lien on the title when the car is registered.

Does Tesla sell the adapter, or is it third party?

Since I can't edit my earlier post, I'll make a correction here.

That's 30 miles of added range per hour vs 44 miles for a Model 3 LR. I said Model Y earlier. The mph at both amperages are a little lower for the Y, but it's still 1.5 time faster with the wall connector.
The Tesla to J1772 adapter a third party item, sold online even at places like Home Depot. Allows non-Tesla vehicles to charge on the Tesla WC and Tesla Destination Chargers, but not superchargers (yet).

Alternately, Tesla does make a J1772 WC now, which of course works with all EVs and you can use the J1772 to Tesla adapter that is included with every Tesla car.

Well y'all, good things come to those who wait (through EDD madness, through endless refreshes, etc). As of 7:01 PM last night, we are officially Tesla owners! Given our luck, I just KNEW either our trade in (the Audi) was going to blow up, get totaled, or a meteor was going to hit the Tesla store at some point on our two hour drive to the SC. All told, we were at Tesla for about an hour and a half, most of that was processing the trade in, and our SA helping us get the car set up. We had a pretty late appointment (6 PM) and were the only customers in the store.

While I'm on a stream of consciousness, I had plans of checking each and every thing with my mental checklist, but TRUST ME you won't remember a single thing when you first see your car 😅 I gave it a reasonable inspection, and found two issues, both of which can be fixed by mobile service: The passenger window makes a loud pop when it rolls down, and the rear hatch was badly misaligned (one side was flush with the bumper, the other was about half an inch proud of the bumper). Nothing major enough to spoil the sheer joy of pulling away in your very own Tesla.

Also FWIW, I had plans of manually entering my bank account info, but opted to use Plaid since it was getting late, I didn't want to cause any delays, and I was just ready to get behind the wheel. As of this morning, it hasn't come out of my account yet.

Keep the faith, your time will come!

View attachment 734289
View attachment 734290
Blue/white looks amazing!!!

I see a lot of discussion on charging here. Hope it has a different thread. I believe this thread is for order and delivery related posts.

I am planning to get a new MY LR soon. I live in Cleveland area. Anybody from this region booked recently? Would like to understand possible delivery timelines.
WHOOP WHOOP SOUND OF DA POLICE!

I'm trying to do Tesla financing but it does not give me the option on my screen. I have a VIN and expect delivery in a couple weeks. No date set yet. I emailed [email protected] a couple days ago asking about how to apply thru Tesla for financing. Have not heard back in two days. I only have a screen to pay now thru Plaid with my bank. I think I selected cash when ordering. I have a third party lender done, but wanted to see what Tesla offered.
View attachment 734301
Reach out to your sa or call tesla to switch from cash to financing
Call the SC or the 888 number and have them change it. Your MVPA will be in your account below the EDD part at the very bottom. You need the 8 page one that lists the bank name on it but download that after they've changed the financing so it's updated
Thank you, for third party financing do I have to change to cash option. My ccu rep told me they could overnight the check. I know the check needs to made out to "Tesla Inc", do I just take the check at the time of delivery.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Tesla called me: hey uh... apparently the website is supposed to not allow you schedule to take delivery on Thanksgiving day cuz the store is closed... but
image.png

that was the first time slot they showed me in the first place so I took it

They end up saying they will let me know later today if they can put me in the day before or after.
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 12.17.39 PM.png

Last edited:
Reach out to your sa or call tesla to switch from cash to financing

Thank you, for third party financing do I have to change to cash option. My ccu rep told me they could overnight the check. I know the check needs to made out to "Tesla Inc", do I just take the check at the time of delivery.
Looks like you have cash option now, you need to change to 3rd party financing. You'll need to provide the bank name and address and the amount being financed.

If your delivery is less than a week, I'll suggest either picking up the check and taking it in person. If you have time, then they can overnight the check but make sure the bank gives you the tracking number and if possible a picture of the check. That was what Tesla told me when we picked up my wife's MY. It took about a week for the payment to reflect on the balance when my bank mailed it.
Just remember to get a copy of the check and tracking number if it's being mailed. That's how they can confirm if they've received it or not.

Side note I hope no one minds me asking here but... how do you charge a Mach E on a 14-50? Does it come with a cable and adapter? I'm considering one to replace the S when that day comes.

Kids today are spoiled. In my day, the wall charger was $1500. Yes, $1500. So I didn't even consider it vs. the $9 NEMA 14-50 outlet that my buddy charged me $50 to install next to my breaker. At $500, it's tempting. (I eventually got a free black Elon Musk-signature wall connector from the referral program, so that's installed outside for driveway charging.)

Thank you, this is helpful! We are probably bringing our toddler with us so that'll be a whole experience.
Just found these in the parking lot at work. We have the the J1772 and Tesla chargers. Not sure about an adapter.

Attachments

• 50DA7D21-12B7-4419-9C98-7E6104AD1667.jpeg
    50DA7D21-12B7-4419-9C98-7E6104AD1667.jpeg
    766.8 KB · Views: 56
Update FWIW. Last weekend I got the VIN was assigned email with the Pay Now link. My EDD shifted from 2/8-3/8 to 11/25-12/1. Yay! On Monday, I called the SC and changed the payment method from Cash to Third Party Financing and gave them the name of my credit union. The MVPA was updated within a few minutes. Also on Monday I applied and was approved (within two hours) for a loan, wired my down payment to Tesla, added the MY to my insurance, and had the credit union overnight a cashiers check to Tesla. Within minutes my order page showed everything complete. I live in Michigan so I have to pay for the vehicle before they ship it to Michigan since Tesla isn’t licensed to sell direct to consumers.

I called the SC today and my MY is on a train on it’s way to Chicago. The SA told me I will get an automated email when it is unloaded for transfer to a car hauler for the final leg of the journey to the SC in Grand Rapids, MI. Once I get the email, I will schedule the pickup appointment. They expect the car to arrive in Grand Rapids on the 27th. Can’t wait!

Update FWIW. Last weekend I got the VIN was assigned email with the Pay Now link. My EDD shifted from 2/8-3/8 to 11/25-12/1. Yay! On Monday, I called the SC and changed the payment method from Cash to Third Party Financing and gave them the name of my credit union. The MVPA was updated within a few minutes. Also on Monday I applied and was approved (within two hours) for a loan, wired my down payment to Tesla, added the MY to my insurance, and had the credit union overnight a cashiers check to Tesla. Within minutes my order page showed everything complete. I live in Michigan so I have to pay for the vehicle before they ship it to Michigan since Tesla isn’t licensed to sell direct to consumers.

I called the SC today and my MY is on a train on it’s way to Chicago. The SA told me I will get an automated email when it is unloaded for transfer to a car hauler for the final leg of the journey to the SC in Grand Rapids, MI. Once I get the email, I will schedule the pickup appointment. They expect the car to arrive in Grand Rapids on the 27th. Can’t wait!
Just curious are you using DCU?

Can’t hurt. Still cheaper even without discount, but still nice to get one. Installation is the costly part. Let me know what you find out.
I have been quoted $1700 iirc with permits and all. I need a sub panel installed which is adding to the cost. If you have available breakers, you can get a lower quote. We went with Robles. I can pass you the guy's number when he comes back. Ended up that he is the same guy who installed the Nema outlet at one of my cousin's place and did electrical work for another. Not sure if that factored into the cost at all.
And my wall charger got shipped today..... I need to call places today lol.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I asked the only live human I have spoken to and he said he'd try to add it. Emailed a follow up and never heard back.

Thanks. I'll set myself a reminder to ask. The issue I foresee is when they say "no and we can't add it after the fact" because how on earth do I prove that I did, in fact, use my own referral code nearly 2 years ago when the order was initiated.
Please keep us updated.
If you are successful, which I sure hope you are, than I can try for my brother and myself. He was straight up refused, so I didn't bother asking for mine.

Reactions: PhillyGal