Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ladies & gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to T’Challa!!! Took delivery at 10a today, and everything went pretty smoothly. Got there & he was waiting for me to accept delivery & open him up (prepaid a couple days ago with my bank account info). I was almost thrown off my game by the mere sight of him, but had to remember I needed to inspect him before I pulled off 😅

Exterior was almost perfect. No huge panel gaps anywhere, there was some leftover tape on the corner of the passenger door that they took care of on the spot. Interior was nearly perfect as well, except for a dirt stain that may have been a hand print on the passenger side of the headliner. They also took care of that while I was there, took about 20 mins max. My key cards weren’t inside, but I told a rep & they brought em out for me within 2 mins. All USB ports and charging pad are in place, so no inconvenience there.

Drives great, seats are some of the most comfy I’ve ever sat in, and there’s nothing like that new Tesla car smell!

Inspiration from the name comes from the Marvel Comic character Black Panther, which T’Challa is his real name. And since my MY is black inside & out it’s very fitting! And may Chadwick Boseman continue to Rest In Peace.

I’m gonna go ahead and join the masses who’ve already taken delivery and just say it: The wait is worth it!

Attachments

• 82611970-918D-438C-8A59-90378401609B.jpeg
    82611970-918D-438C-8A59-90378401609B.jpeg
    759.4 KB · Views: 78
  • BB0A4D98-96B7-4C07-B4E7-3F51FAE7DC74.jpeg
    BB0A4D98-96B7-4C07-B4E7-3F51FAE7DC74.jpeg
    762.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 22AC6D61-BEB1-43C3-9955-7DCC449E7979.jpeg
    22AC6D61-BEB1-43C3-9955-7DCC449E7979.jpeg
    963.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 3A510DD5-900C-4FA3-B8D7-2F026CB968F5.jpeg
    3A510DD5-900C-4FA3-B8D7-2F026CB968F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Ladies & gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to T’Challa!!! Took delivery at 10a today, and everything went pretty smoothly. Got there & he was waiting for me to accept delivery & open him up (prepaid a couple days ago with my bank account info). I was almost thrown off my game by the mere sight of him, but had to remember I needed to inspect him before I pulled off 😅

Exterior was almost perfect. No huge panel gaps anywhere, there was some leftover tape on the corner of the passenger door that they took care of on the spot. Interior was nearly perfect as well, except for a dirt stain that may have been a hand print on the passenger side of the headliner. They also took care of that while I was there, took about 20 mins max. My key cards weren’t inside, but I told a rep & they brought em out for me within 2 mins. All USB ports and charging pad are in place, so no inconvenience there.

Drives great, seats are some of the most comfy I’ve ever sat in, and there’s nothing like that new Tesla car smell!

Inspiration from the name comes from the Marvel Comic character Black Panther, which T’Challa is his real name. And since my MY is black inside & out it’s very fitting! And may Chadwick Boseman continue to Rest In Peace.

I’m gonna go ahead and join the masses who’ve already taken delivery and just say it: The wait is worth it!

Congrats! Looks awesome and I love the name.

I forgot to update here! I got my VIN on Wednesday!! (11/24)!!

Pickup is scheduled for December 8th, however my SA said my car is arriving on the 7th so I might be pushed back a day. I don't mind at all, after 3 months of waiting 1 day is nothing. I'm so happy! 😄
Nice! I think our cars are on the same truck. Are you picking up in Brooklyn?

I might be getting close to a VIN…. Or I’m screwed!

This popped up today. View attachment 737726
For me, I had randomly checked my app and it said “we are making changes to your account” then I checked the site and saw a ViN appear. Hopefully you have a VIN coming!

Wow we have the same configuration! Thank you for posting pictures, T’Challa is beautiful by the way and yes RIP King Chadwick ✊🏿🙏🏿

Hi Jae! Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated!

We're often the highest offer--but that isn't the case 100% of the time, of course. This tends to be true a little more often when people are trying to flip brand new cars (2021 etc.) for higher margins like yourself (in those cases, some of our dealer partners may not be interested in paying many multiples over book, etc.).

We definitely appreciate the feedback though, and love to get data points from users to continually improve our system :)
Its all good. Id work on communication in house though. Person who text me stated an amount while the person who emailed me said they werent interested.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker

That looks badass! Great name too!

I might be getting close to a VIN…. Or I’m screwed!

This popped up today. View attachment 737726
I’ve had the same “TBD” EDD thing for the past few weeks, my order jumped around a ton with Dec 17-31 showing last. Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in…to checking my account once per hour. I hope we get a date range back soon!

FWIW mine seemed to change a few days after I added the Carrier Direct Fee. Not sure if they’re related, she works in mysterious ways.

How much you want to bet that the option is available once we finally get the nod for a firmware update? Are you on 2021.35.102 as well?
Yes I am on 2021.35.102.

I checked the wheel config after they were done, and it showed turbine as selected....... Not sure if that is good, but the image reflects what it actually is.

Fair point about inventory being low ish.. Carmax came in at $39k yesterday.

we have a 2018 RWD with 44k miles. I’ve searched for what’s for sale and they seem to go around $42-46k.
if the kbb dealer honors the $44k instant cash offer, it would be hard to pass up, I think. Right? Lol
Mine was 2018 RWD (23k miles) and Tesla was fair, around $43k. Carvana and Vroom both said $40k online. Hard pass (Tesla gotta factor in 8% sales tax savings too!)
Hey... Just curious, does MY come with a flashdrive for cam recordings?
Mine did.
It was still working as of November 7th.
I couldn't figure out the bypass in PA yesterday
Ladies & gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to T’Challa!!!
That name is absolutely amazing! I'll steal what @Naija King just said (literally, copy and paste, lol) "T’Challa is beautiful by the way and yes RIP King Chadwick ✊🏿🙏🏿"

what happens if you deny taking delivery for any reason? Is that considered putting order bac on hold or they will match you with next best available? in the same boat as a lot of others where they are asking to un-hold order in Dec and likely take delivery.. but 7500 is too much to pass on!

This is what Tesla mentioned in their email to me:

This is your last opportunity to take possession of your vehicle with configured pricing, and if your order is placed on hold after 12/2 or if the next available VIN is rejected, your order will be automatically cancelled.

So, they are canceling the order if you reject the VIN. I hope they don't cancel the order if you reject due to some legit issues with the car at delivery!