Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only reason to want a vehicle from Texas is because they will have the stamped front and rear chassis assembly. The 4680 is a year out at least IMHO. Also having a manufacturing background I’d agree with the assessment that you don’t want to be receiving the first cars off of the new line or process
Totally agree - would want them to be in production for at least 6 months; preferably 12 months so as to give them time to incorporate lessons learned from the "hiccups" that they found in the first few months of production. The reality is that you should plan for this being your subsequent vehicle.... you know, sometime in 2023 to 2025.... Life is too short, and I would just get the best available now...

Reactions: boulder.dude
Yesterday, Nov. 27 I ordered a MYLR White/Black 5Seat, 19”Gemini, no FSD. EDD is sometime in October, 2022. I kinda of think it will be earlier.

The above is from another string... Maybe the jump in the EDD date from June to October is to allow Fremont switchover of Gigapress to the new configuration.... So, just like the S and X refresh - there will be a short pause in Y production... Probably not very long of a shutdown as the Y is too valuable to Tesla's bottom line...

Today was T-day. I got my MY - named Wolverine - at 1:00. It was parked right in front of the SC waiting for me with the heat running. I approached it and the app connected promptly. I got inside created my profile, entered its name, and began my inspection. Having owned a Model 3 until August, it was relatively easy. A few minutes later I drove it home. No muss, no fuss!

Everything looks great. All of the gaps are within spec even though they aren’t exactly the same, e.g. left vs right side of the hood. I signed the paperwork and handed it to one of the SAs who was setting up another car for delivery.

The first post I read in this thread was #21,686 on 8/3. Now we’re over 42,000 on 11/29. I order it on 7/23 and completed my profile on 7/26. It’s been just over four months and reading over 21,000 posts has helped to pass the time. For that, I am most appreciate. I hope you all get your cars exactly when you want to get them - some of you soon and some of you after 12/31 in case the EV credit passes in the U.S. Senate before then. Remember…inner peace. “Everything will be alright in the end, if it’s not alright it’s not yet the end.”

Attachments

• 575B8875-5D81-4A79-9FEE-5DD0CF88263E.jpeg
    575B8875-5D81-4A79-9FEE-5DD0CF88263E.jpeg
    726.6 KB · Views: 112
Today was T-day. I got my MY - named Wolverine - at 1:00. It was parked right in front of the SC waiting for me with the heat running. I approached it and the app connected promptly. I got inside created my profile, entered its name, and began my inspection. Having owned a Model 3 until August, it was relatively easy. A few minutes later I drove it home. No muss, no fuss!

Everything looks great. All of the gaps are within spec even though they aren’t exactly the same, e.g. left vs right side of the hood. I signed the paperwork and handed it to one of the SAs who was setting up another car for delivery.

The first post I read in this thread was #21,686 on 8/3. Now we’re over 42,000 on 11/29. I order it on 7/23 and completed my profile on 7/26. It’s been just over four months and reading over 21,000 posts has helped to pass the time. For that, I am most appreciate. I hope you all get your cars exactly when you want to get them - some of you soon and some of you after 12/31 in case the EV credit passes in the U.S. Senate before then. Remember…inner peace. “Everything will be alright in the end, if it’s not alright it’s not yet the end.”
@Nomogaz congratulations!

BTW, not sure if you care or not but your “Wolverine” in the pic has a name on the windshield, possibly your real name.

Called to release VIN again.

New EDD: Nov 29-Dec 2. Hoping it changes to January soon

I was told the same about not being able to do an extended hold. The advisor was going to put a hold on the account for 1-2 days to make sure I wasn't assigned the same VIN but said the next one I would need to accept or cancel the order. Seems they are enforcing the rules about holds only being valid 90 days from the order date. My VIN was released today, but the EDD hasn't changed yet. Just missing the VIN in the account.

I was told the same about not being able to do an extended hold. The advisor was going to put a hold on the account for 1-2 days to make sure I wasn't assigned the same VIN but said the next one I would need to accept or cancel the order. Seems they are enforcing the rules about holds only being valid 90 days from the order date. My VIN was released today, but the EDD hasn't changed yet. Just missing the VIN in the account.
I took delivery of a M3 this month and trying to close on a house next month. Told the second SA this and she said she can place a longer hold after my EDD paces to avoided Tesla canceling the order.

Live in the south so hoping all new VIN are west coast to help with q4 rush.

How do you verify that your profile is completed? Is it just answering the financing - registration - address info? (When you initially ordered)

Currently I just see: (Under the next steps)

Download the Tesla App

Complete insurance and the rest of your pre-delivery tasks in the Tesla App.
To download, open your smartphone's camera and scan the QR code below.

And in the completed tasks: it has the registration and payment info

Reactions: boingolover

Gorgeous! It looks like it was worth the wait. :cool:

Reactions: EvEv

Congrats!

Just curious, what is considered “within spec” for the panel gaps?