Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again in real world “take a number” if you are not there when your number is called they tell you to take another number. Your turn came and you weren’t around. You can’t come back when you feel like it and make an argument it makes no difference to folks whose number is about to be called since they shouldn’t have been called so early anyway and only got the opportunity since you weren’t around when your number was called.

Honestly Tesla should just do away with this idiotic hold policy. Sure if the person was unable to accept the order due to a vacation I can understand Tesla making some accommodation. As for as other who order with no intention of accepting their order when their turn comes, just return their order fee and ask them to order when they are readily ready.
The beef is with Tesla. What about people like the OP who was told you get your car in June. Oh wait February. And they aren’t ready? Too bad. Get to the back of line? Take all the price increases too? That’s not right. He should be able to hold.

Let’s try one more better example. You stand in line for 45 mins. 3 people before the front your kid says I have to go to the bathroom. So your partner takes the kid to the bathroom. You get to front of line. They aren’t back. You tell the next person to go. Still not back. You tell the 2nd person to go. They now come back. Since leaftoy was the 3rd person behind me I now have to leave and go to the back of the line? I waited the full time. I didn’t cut in front of you. But my kid had to go to the bathroom. To me that’s a better example. Things happen. People have to delay. You aren’t being impacted. So why punish the person who had to delay? Seems a bit harsh.

is there evidence many people are gtting pushed, I remain 1/22 to 2/19 for several weeks. OD 9/7
Earlier I saw some people saying they were pushed a few months. Obviously I don't actually know why, I'm just 'guessing' that we have an extraordinary number of people coming off hold and slotting back in wherever they slot in. I don't really know what the queue logic is. If I were King of the Queue people coming off hold would slot in behind anybody with a VIN, and anybody who's been actively waiting in line longer than they have.

Lots of activity happening on August order board. Most have TBD now but lots of changes on the Tesla website accounts. Some people are holds, some people released on own, some people were released by Tesla automatically, and some people have been naturally waiting in line. Dynamic times! And all happening on a Sunday to boot!

I came off of hold last night and now this morning I have an EDD of January 16 - February 13. I'm not 100% sure but I believe my options now are to accept the VIN that's assigned or reject it and go to the back of the queue.

I'm military retired and getting ready to move home and I'd really like to have the new house bought before I get the Tesla. But if the back of the queue means July that's also a long time to wait. I'm just not sure what I want to do!
Talk to your loan officer and see if you still qulify for a mortgage with your car payment. They shoukd be able to tell you that

• Funny
Reactions: charlesoris
Back to July again. Originally June, then a couple times moved up to Mar/Apr. But now back to July. I am ok waiting, but would love it to be earlier in summer than later. Hoping for some of the good updates too, so not really in a rush.
After the rush to get financing completed and insurance info for my newly assigned VIN issued on Dec. 26, my EDD has changed back to 07/2022. WOW

• Informative
Reactions: eeee-meeee
After the rush to get financing completed and insurance info for my newly assigned VIN issued on Dec. 26, my EDD has changed back to 07/2022. WOW
You will be bumped back up but dont expect that bump to be too much further foreward. You are actually where you should be given your order date . It looks like you were bumped up to an early delivery range at the end of the quarter where they were just pushing west coast deliveries ( in case others declined) now that the push is over they are resetting everyone. Given you have a LRand ordered mid dec I expect you will be near the back of the line....(until the next push)

All the ones available now will be snapped up by SAs and assigned to people waiting before long. If you have an order in that matches, don’t pay attention to where it is or the price, you should be able to get it for whatever your MVPA says. Just out the $250 down but don’t pay for the full price. Let your SA know the vin of the car and they will switch your old paperwork to match the new vin with existing price.

Reactions: afscotch
Talk to your loan officer and see if you still qulify for a mortgage with your car payment. They shoukd be able to tell you that
I have, it's borderline. The problem is I'd have to qualify for TWO mortgages, my current one, the next one, and the Tesla. But the other problem is I only have a one car garage and it already has an electric car in it. So it would just be easier all the way around to defer the Tesla, buy the new house with a 2+ car garage, get moved and settled, then buy the Tesla.

At the end of the day it's a very first world problem; if I needed to I could pay off the current house, pay cash for the new house, and pay cash for the Tesla. But I would incur about $50K in capital gains. So it's just a dilemma, not even really a problem. Just how to make the transition smoothly and efficiently, that's all. And I don't really want to play whack-a-mole with my cars every day moving them around and/or having the Tesla sit out in the elements. And, I will be out of the country at the end of Feb, beginning of March, and I just KNOW that's when my pickup day will end up being!

So it would be kind of nice to just push the Tesla off some until all this other stuff is sorted out. But again, I'm not complaining, its a very first world problem, I'm just trying to decide what to do. Because of course I'd really like to have the car ASAP too! So I just have to decide.

Reactions: PatrickTM and MOM4
I think Tesla's original EDD is spot on. The rest are all aspirational targets. The only deviation is that East coast gets pulled earlier in the beginning of a quarter and CA/West coast gets pulled earlier in the last 2 weeks of a quarter. But the other EDD's are only meant to get customers ready with their accessories and Wall connector etc. ;)
Tesla’s original EDD is not spot on. Or I would have had mine going on 2 months, as opposed to hoping to finally get into an EDD window without being bumped back.

Reactions: boingolover
Your config is available for purchase NOW in the Bay Area currently.. not sure if that helps you at all.
I failed to find one - every MYLR listed for Bay Area has a black interior, and I want a white one.
I am returning all accessories I purchased for Model Y at the time when I received my VIN and before Tesla pulled it from under me- I can always reorder them later.
The way I see it, within the next 6 months, I will get a chance to drive as many 2022 EVs as possible, and it's likely I might go with another car.
Thanks for checking and letting me know.

Reactions: given2fly
Again in real world “take a number” if you are not there when your number is called they tell you to take another number. Your turn came and you weren’t around. You can’t come back when you feel like it and make an argument it makes no difference to folks whose number is about to be called since they shouldn’t have been called so early anyway and only got the opportunity since you weren’t around when your number was called.

Honestly Tesla should just do away with this idiotic hold policy. Sure if the person was unable to accept the order due to a vacation I can understand Tesla making some accommodation. As for as other who order with no intention of accepting their order when their turn comes, just return their order fee and ask them to order when they are readily ready.
I think a lot of this would be obviated if they had more flexibility for delivery. Having to go on hold because you're out of town for two weeks is extreme--even if you have to pay a storage fee if you can't meet the three day window most folks would be ok with that. Pay $25/day for a week until you get back from vacation--no big deal, everybody's happy and nobody gets disrupted.

But this abuse of the hold policy waiting for tax credits or new headlights or whatever is not at all like your son having to go to the bathroom. That's a real world situation. This is more like someone getting in the back of a long checkout line at the grocery store when they're not ready to check out yet, and when they get to the front just keep sending their husband out to get the turkey, then get some toilet paper, waving people through until the husband is done running things down, and then saying 'Ok, I'm next.'

Or being half way to the front when you hear them announce the blue light special coming in 15 minutes. And instead of getting out of line and going to wait for the blue light special, pull to side, wave people through until you can send your husband to get two rolls of toilet paper for the price of one, and when he gets back saying 'Ok, I'm next now.'

It's an abuse of people's courtesy to do things like that, or in this case an abuse of Tesla's hold policy, and the final result is we'll all end up losing them.

If they would find a way to have a few weeks of flexibility on the delivery window, I'd be 100% ok if a hold automatically puts you in the back of the line. You retain your pricing, but when you come off hold you just go to the back of the line, and you're still better off than the people around you because you'll be getting the same car--better than what you ordered--than the rest of them for a lower price.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I failed to find one - every MYLR listed for Bay Area has a black interior, and I want a white one.
I am returning all accessories I purchased for Model Y at the time when I received my VIN and before Tesla pulled it from under me- I can always reorder them later.
The way I see it, within the next 6 months, I will get a chance to drive as many 2022 EVs as possible, and it's likely I might go with another car.
Thanks for checking and letting me know.
Ooof! Missed the white. You could change to P :) I think at this point that’s what I’d do if Seattle got inventory like central Cal does ;)

I think a lot of this would be obviated if they had more flexibility for delivery. Having to go on hold because you're out of town for two weeks is extreme--even if you have to pay a storage fee if you can't meet the three day window most folks would be ok with that. Pay $25/day for a week until you get back from vacation--no big deal, everybody's happy and nobody gets disrupted.

But this abuse of the hold policy waiting for tax credits or new headlights or whatever is not at all like your son having to go to the bathroom. That's a real world situation. This is more like someone getting in the back of a long checkout line at the grocery store when they're not ready to check out yet, and when they get to the front just keep sending their husband out to get the turkey, then get some toilet paper, waving people through until the husband is done running things down, and then saying 'Ok, I'm next.'

Or being half way to the front when you hear them announce the blue light special coming in 15 minutes. And instead of getting out of line and going to wait for the blue light special, pull to side, wave people through until you can send your husband to get two rolls of toilet paper for the price of one, and when he gets back saying 'Ok, I'm next now.'

It's an abuse of people's courtesy to do things like that, or in this case an abuse of Tesla's hold policy, and the final result is we'll all end up losing them.

If they would find a way to have a few weeks of flexibility on the delivery window, I'd be 100% ok if a hold automatically puts you in the back of the line. You retain your pricing, but when you come off hold you just go to the back of the line, and you're still better off than the people around you because you'll be getting the same car--better than what you ordered--than the rest of them for a lower price.
I’m sorry but you are throwing the baby out with the bath water. You are making soooo many assumptions. First that the majority of holds are due to some perceived “next big thing”. Second that it doesn’t meet your perception of what “holds” are for even though Tesla never defined it. Third that you are impacted, that the holds coming off wouldn’t still have been ahead of you if Tesla provided more accurate Delivery Dates.

And to be fair to Tesla, you are asking them to change their model. Start holding inventory. Invest in more storage locations. Start managing in stock and in flight inventory. Just to force these assumed impactful holds out of the way?

These EDDs bounce at the beginning of EVERY quarter. People who manipulate Holds in your mind are doing so because they track these things closely. Which means they are more likely on forums. And yet the vast majority of folks on here either don’t hold or hold for a life issue (new house, new job, delivery pushed up ahead of expected funding for car). Yes, some hold for tax reasons or new features, but it’s not like it’s 50% or even 10%. It’s likely almost immeasurable to Tesla. It can use some cleanup, but I think people are giving this far too much importance. It’s negligible to anyones personal delivery date. In fact it’s probably benefiting more people than hurting.

You ordered Dec 13?!? That would have been 2 weeks from order to delivery. Yea, I apologize, but that doesn’t elicit a whole lot of sympathy…it does suck though