Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You ordered Dec 13?!? That would have been 2 weeks from order to delivery. Yea, I apologize, but that doesn’t elicit a whole lot of sympathy…it does suck though
I did not seek sympathy at all - thank you anyway. The intention was to inform community of how Tesla pressures buyers at the EoQs and EoY which is in no way different from other auto manufacturers.
My take on this event is:
I am returning all accessories I purchased for Model Y at the time when I received my VIN and before Tesla pulled it from under me- I can always reorder them later.
The way I see it, within the next 6 months, I will get a chance to drive as many 2022 EVs as possible, and it's likely I might go with another car.
Thanks again

I did not seek sympathy at all - thank you anyway. The intention was to inform community of how Tesla pressures buyers at the EoQs and EoY which is in no way different from other auto manufacturers.
I am returning all accessories I purchased for Model Y at the time when I received my VIN and before Tesla pulled it from under me- I can always reorder them later.
The way I see it, within the next 6 months, I will get a chance to drive as many 2022 EVs as possible, and it's likely I might go with another car.
Thanks again
What are your top 3 contenders for 22 EV's?

Mach-E GT, E-Tron, EV6 GT-Line AWD.
I am not planning to haul grandkids in this car, so it leaves only two of us for 99% of the time.
Why not get an MYP? You seem to be leaning towards performance models. Agree with 3rd party charging being an issue if you travel a lot. Something to factor in when buying other brands. And new reliability and service/maintenance. Tesla has been doing this for a while. Others, not so much.

Why not get an MYP? You seem to be leaning towards performance models. Agree with 3rd party charging being an issue if you travel a lot. Something to factor in when buying other brands. And new reliability and service/maintenance. Tesla has been doing this for a while. Others, not so much.
I actually feel sory for anyone getting a GT and then finding out that they only get 5 seconds of "Performance". Even the MYLR beats it in the quarter. I'd wait for the next version where this 5 second limit is likely removed before I invested the cash for a GT or just get the standard Mach-E

If you don't drive distances those are some choices 4sure but no way would I want to deal with third party charging.

I actually feel sory for anyone getting a GT and then finding out that they only get 5 seconds of "Performance". Even the MYLR beats it in the quarter. I'd wait for the next version where this 5 second limit is likely removed before I invested the cash for a GT or just get the standard Mach-E
In retrospect I don't think I would buy any of those EVs for other reasons as well. If I wanted performance and did not need high cargo capacity I would get a 3P if cargo then the YP. Like you said a YP can be had right away and if I did not have a Y order locked in at $48K I would go for the performance now.

The ride quality was another concern when I drove a tester. MYLR is still my preferred choice.
The only reason I lean toward GT configurations is AWD and larger batteries which may not be available in lower trims.
Finally, it gives me an opportunity to see what updates/deletions will come from Tesla in the next few months (will it be V2.0?).

In retrospect I don't think I would buy any of those EVs for other reasons as well. If I wanted performance and did not need high cargo capacity I would get a 3P if cargo then the YP. Like you said a YP can be had right away and if I did not have a Y order locked in at $48K I would go for the performance now.
Same, I be tempted by the Performance if I didn’t have an LR locked in a good price. Especially now that the Performance comes with all season tires in appropriate markets. The electrified Genesis GV70 looks very interesting right now. Unfortunately it is recently announced and there isn’t enough solid information yet to really evaluate it.

Same, I be tempted by the Performance if I didn’t have an LR locked in a good price. Especially now that the Performance comes with all season tires in appropriate markets. The electrified Genesis GV70 looks very interesting right now. Unfortunately it is recently announced and there isn’t enough solid information yet to really evaluate it.
If I had not sold my truck I would get a 3P and swap to sleeper 19" wheels. I f I got a YP same thing, for while you could get the YP that way.

MYP:
Order date: Nov 30, 2021 from Tesla Pasadena
EDD: 12/23 - 1/15
Vin issued: 12/22/21
Delivery confirmed: 12/29/21 - unable to pick-up due to vacation in Hawaii. I requested the delivery to be on hold until 1/2, but they refused and they released the vin.
As of yesterday new EDD is Dec March 1 - March 25 🤬

Does it really take this long to receive a new VIN?

MYP:
Delivery confirmed: 12/29/21 - unable to pick-up due to vacation in Hawaii. I requested the delivery to be on hold until 1/2, but they refused and they released the vin.

Did they not put ur account on hold? Or just release the vin and let your account as is?

Thanks again
Didn't mean to come off as condescending....just seeing anyone get a VIN after 2 weeks when others have been waiting 5-6 months is, as you can imagine, frustrating. My attempt at not being condescending was the "sucks though".
I will also say for what you are considering buying, at this moment, the 3P or MYP, I think would be a good idea for you, and you should be able to get them sooner (something in retrospect I wish I had done) and the performance, and charging network is unmatched at the moment. I think over the next several years there will be more real competition.

Another EDD change when I hit within a week of getting into me EDD window (still have yet to get into a window).
Now 1/22 - 2/19. 4 week window to 2 week window, back to 4 week window.

1641229030421.gif

I don't want MYP: you have to pay $5K more, no all-seasons tires in So. California, bumpier ride, cost of downgrading the wheel size, 15 sec of performance. The idea of Genesis GV70e crossed my mind if they can actually release it in 2022. It could be a great contender. I have 6 months at my disposal and something good will come out of this delay - I am an optimist.

Last edited:
MYP:

This is good news. Finally looks like they are putting "hold" people at the back of the line that way us that are willing to take now can get ours. Hope my EDD keeps moving closer.