Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want MYP: you have to pay $5K more, no all-seasons tires in So. California, bumpier ride, cost of downgrading the wheel size, 15 sec of performance. The idea of Genesis GV70e crossed my mind if they can actually release it in 2022. It could be a great contender. I have 6 months at my disposal and something good will come out of this delay - I am a perpetual optimist.
And if you want more performance you can pay the $2000 with the long range and get a nice boost. Not the same as the P, but a pretty stiff acceleration with the smoother ride, higher ride, better range, etc.

This is good news. Finally looks like they are putting "hold" people at the back of the line that way us that are willing to take now can get ours. Hope my EDD keeps moving closer.
I put my order on hold for 2 months and did not go to the “back of the line” when I came off on 1/1. My EDD is just about the same as it was before I went on hold (2/11 - 3/11 for a LR white/black with 19” wheels, ordered 9/25).

This is good news. Finally looks like they are putting "hold" people at the back of the line that way us that are willing to take now can get ours. Hope my EDD keeps moving closer.
Again. This is standard Tesla. Nothing new or special. California deliveries and EDDs follow a different pattern than the rest. They are not “putting hold people” at the back of the line. If you are California they typically put you into the end of quarter for shorter delivery times from factory. The poster got an early option, wasn’t able to pick it up and now goes to end of quarter as is typical for Cali. Their window will tighten and might even get matched early.

My Y-LR just went from March 17 - April 17th (Texas location - originally Feb 12 - March 12) to September, never have been put on hold. This is more interesting than my X-Plaid continuing journey....
Hopefully this is because they are reshuffling EDDs with production starting in Austin. Fingers crossed that you move back up to that Feb/March date

Reactions: PatrickTM
Once the Austin facility goes online, they will deliver more advanced MYs than Fremont ones, and, I suspect, of better quality. The Fremont facility will undergo retooling to complete full/partial transition to v.2.0 MYs. in the near future. There are more and more vehicles that are built with AMD Ryzen, 12V Li-ion batteries, and Dual-glazed rear windows. The future looks bright!

Reactions: BGOwner
Another EDD change when I hit within a week of getting into me EDD window (still have yet to get into a window).
Now 1/22 - 2/19. 4 week window to 2 week window, back to 4 week window.

View attachment 751459
5zwh7v.jpg

Reactions: afscotch and marx1
Has anyone confirmed any deliveries in the last few days since EOQ? Wondering if maybe now is the time to retool Fremont so they don’t have different cars being produced in Austin vs Fremont. Bad for business to produce two different types of one model with different specs and sell the, at the same time from different locations. Either they stockpile Austin until Fremont is up to spec or get Fremont up to spec before Austin starts.
Once the Austin facility goes online, they will deliver more advanced MYs than Fremont ones, and, I suspect, of better quality. The Fremont facility will undergo retooling to complete full/partial transition to v.2.0 MYs. in the near future. There are more and more vehicles that are built with AMD Ryzen, 12V Li-ion batteries, and Dual-glazed rear windows. The future looks bright!

Has anyone confirmed any deliveries in the last few days since EOQ? Wondering if maybe now is the time to retool Fremont so they don’t have different cars being produced in Austin vs Fremont. Bad for business to produce two different types of one model with different specs and sell the, at the same time from different locations. Either they stockpile Austin until Fremont is up to spec or get Fremont up to spec before Austin starts.
Deliveries in the first week or two after a quarter are normally slow as cars go from west coast delivery to now shipping back East. Also, logically it is probably slower production run rates the last 2 weeks of a calendar year.

With that said, yes it would also be a good time to retool and do work on the lines, but no evidence has emerged of anything major. Not sure what the disruption between old rear and single cast rear looked like. They obviously have proven they can slipstream in changes so who knows. Will be good to see the first 01/22 production date vehicles for confirmation though.