Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in CA so this may or may not be applicable.

I've been with AAA for 20-some years, but AAA will not insure Tesla vehicles here.
Apparently AAA views Tesla as a competitor since they write insurance directly in CA (and TX now, and elsewhere on a limited basis).

I shopped about a dozen insurance carriers and brokers and discovered a significant surprise.
COSTCO AUTO INSURANCE was the least expensive for me, despite offering better coverage than most others.
In fact, 250/500 w/500 deductible was still 20% less than anyone else at 100/300 w/1000 deductible.

It wasn't even close. YMMV
That's a good point, there are a lot of other variables. I have to carry fairly high deductibles because my umbrella insurance requires it. My driving record is probably 'good', not great, not terrible. No serious issues, but I'm good for about one speeding ticket every three years or so.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I am thinking to order a MYLR today and they say EDD in July
Will I get my car around that time or it will delayed for months
any idea
Truthfully, nobody knows but I'd guess you'd be right on time. I'm guessing that there are a reasonable number of folks in the queue that signed up in Oct - Dec when it looked like there would be a tax credit and I'd guess at least a few of those folks would drop out if no credit materializes early this year. Conversely, if it looks like a credit is coming, other folks will start putting themselves on hold to get it. And of course Austin will be cranking up sometime soon. In addition to simply putting more cars on the market, it may also pull some folks out of line ahead of you.

If the '4680' is designated as a different car at a higher price, possibly Tesla would allow current '2170' reservation holders to convert to the 4680 car w/o losing their deposit, and I'd bet there would be some folks even willing to forgo their $100/$250 deposit to simply start over with the 4680 car.

And if they DON'T make it a different car with a different price and just start rolling them into the fleet, tons of people ahead of you will start going on hold again.

So regardless of production rates and order rates, it seems to me there are several factors that might cause folks ahead of you to pull themselves out of line so I think the most likely variation from their estimate would probably be earlier more than later.

Truthfully, nobody knows but I'd guess you'd be right on time. I'm guessing that there are a reasonable number of folks in the queue that signed up in Oct - Dec when it looked like there would be a tax credit and I'd guess at least a few of those folks would drop out if no credit materializes early this year. Conversely, if it looks like a credit is coming, other folks will start putting themselves on hold to get it. And of course Austin will be cranking up sometime soon. In addition to simply putting more cars on the market, it may also pull some folks out of line ahead of you.

If the '4680' is designated as a different car at a higher price, possibly Tesla would allow current '2170' reservation holders to convert to the 4680 car w/o losing their deposit, and I'd bet there would be some folks even willing to forgo their $100/$250 deposit to simply start over with the 4680 car.

And if they DON'T make it a different car with a different price and just start rolling them into the fleet, tons of people ahead of you will start going on hold again.

So regardless of production rates and order rates, it seems to me there are several factors that might cause folks ahead of you to pull themselves out of line so I think the most likely variation from their estimate would probably be earlier more than later.
You don’t lose your deposit if making changes within the same model type.

Reactions: Wigan
I'm in CA so this may or may not be applicable.

I shopped about a dozen insurance carriers and brokers and discovered a significant surprise.
COSTCO AUTO INSURANCE was the least expensive for me, despite offering better coverage than most others.
In fact, 250/500 w/500 deductible was still 20% less than anyone else at 100/300 w/1000 deductible.

It wasn't even close. YMMV
I am from Southern California and I just got a quote from Costco - it's about 20% more expensive than GEICO for me...

Reactions: PatrickTM
I am from Southern California and I just got a quote from Costco - it's about 20% more expensive than GEICO for me...
Personally I would not insure with either of those. Price should not be the only factor, when you need insurance to work like a bad accident you will be glad you have a top carrier. Some ill throw yo under the bus and others will cancel you.

This is why for me at least I don't bother to comparison shop. USAA.
USAA and Auto Club are the two best insurers in the USA by a long way. Ask any professional that does litigation for personal injury claims. I won't go into the many reasons why but you get what you pay for and with insurance it's everything.

Personally I would not insure with either of those. Price should not be the only factor, when you need insurance to work like a bad accident you will be glad you have a top carrier. Some ill throw yo under the bus and others will cancel you.
I know insurance is off topic but when reading your reply it sounds sort of like you think Geico is bad like Costco would be. Geico is AMAZING. Fair prices and absolutely perfect to deal with for an accident.

This sheet shows a nice steady flow of AMD chips recently. I image most people who have deliveries coming up at going to be getting it.

2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses) - Google Drive
I think that's because there's a sort of flush at the EOQ and they start over. I'd bet a lot of the deliveries with the AMD are later builds but delivered earlier because they're on the west coast. Whereas I'm on the east coast with a build date of 1/5 and don't pick up until the 22nd. So I think all it means that the latest news has more AMDs is that they're west coast deliveries. When the first of the quarter builds make it to the east coast I think there will be a rash of Intel again.