Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I would not insure with either of those. Price should not be the only factor, when you need insurance to work like a bad accident you will be glad you have a top carrier. Some ill throw yo under the bus and others will cancel you.
Geico has truly provided great service for us over 40 years. We have had 2 or 3 fender benders over the years and they have done well by us (I can't say about major accidents, as I don't have experience). What is best is the 24/7 customer service.

I check pricing periodically, but as I said we have been with them for 40 years... so, their pricing is always very competitive for our family.

20D65278-AE7A-4799-ABA8-5EFF0F0C7B15.png

Meanwhile in Australia.

Reactions: DZMY
That’s 3.5%. That would take US MY with Gemini to 318 from 330..

All you must have Ryzen people, you prepared for a range hit?
I am not. This is extremely disappointing to be taking a range hit compared to what was advertised when I put my order in. As is the 330 is pushing it for me knowing that in the real world, especially in cold weather driving, 330 wasn’t even obtainable to begin with…more like 210 miles in winter. Now it could push it down more.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Geico has truly provided great service for us over 40 years. We have had 2 or 3 fender benders over the years and they have done well by us (I can't say about major accidents, as I don't have experience). What is best is the 24/7 customer service.

I check pricing periodically, but as I said we have been with them for 40 years... so, their pricing is always very competitive for our family.
Great but me point is when you really need them and fhe resources. Fender benders don’t count. Just like Tesla service can be great for minor things but when you have a real problem they are not always so great. Best thing is to have super high coverage on liability more than anything.

I am not. This is extremely disappointing to be taking a range hit compared to what was advertised when I put my order in. As is the 330 is pushing it for me knowing that in the real world, especially in cold weather driving, 330 wasn’t even obtainable to begin with…more like 210 miles in winter. Now it could push it down more.
Is there some US announcement for this impacting in the states? If not it could be other good news for some.

Is there some US announcement for this impacting in the states? If not it could be other good news for some.
There has been no announcements in the US. I am not sure change of a chip from Intel to AMD can make such a big impact. Often Tesla has to set the mileage based on each country's "EPA" standard. As of today MY mileage on US website still shows MYP 303, MYLR 20" induction wheels at 318 and MYLR with 19" Gemini at 330 miles. That is why I booked the MYLR with the standard wheels.

There has been no announcements in the US. I am not sure change of a chip from Intel to AMD can make such a big impact. Often Tesla has to set the mileage based on each country's "EPA" standard. As of today MY mileage on US website still shows MYP 303, MYLR 20" induction wheels at 318 and MYLR with 19" Gemini at 330 miles. That is why I booked the MYLR with the standard wheels.
Unless you are getting 4680 that makes up the difference:) /S

• Funny
Reactions: 45thParallel
That’s 3.5%. That would take US MY with Gemini to 318 from 330..

All you must have Ryzen people, you prepared for a range hit?
The MCU doesn't run the car. Just most (not all) of the UI.
I'm skeptical that the AMD Ryzen chip would make a 3.5% dent in the MYLR overall range potential.
If it did to that extent, Tesla might be required to disclose that.

I just picked up my MYLR VIN 356xxx yesterday and it's of course too soon to tell anything. I haven't charged it full up to see what it reports.
It does have both the AMD chip and LiOn 12V low voltage battery, but no dual glazed passenger door glass.
The best news is that the suspension seems to ride better than the demo rides I remember. Which may be the mythic subjective attribute of suspension perception talking.

Reactions: PatrickTM and EvEv
It seems I got kicked to the back of the line for some reason. Yesterday my estimated delivery time was feb 25 - mar 25 and today it says September. I went to my account page on the website and it has me fill out the loan application again. Am I doing something wrong??

It seems I got kicked to the back of the line for some reason. Yesterday my estimated delivery time was feb 25 - mar 25 and today it says September. I went to my account page on the website and it has me fill out the loan application again. Am I doing something wrong??
Loan app expires after 60 days. He just suggested you select cash instead. Then once you get your Vin your SA can change it to finance and you can reapply. Saves you multiple credit hits, and it expiring

Reactions: samori01 and Wigan
Thinking about selling my inductions and getting Gemini’s now. Damn I was okay with the initial range hit between the induction and 7 seat but those with another decrease gets us close to 300 miles of range only.

Thinking about selling my inductions and getting Gemini’s now. Damn I was okay with the initial range hit between the induction and 7 seat but those with another decrease gets us close to 300 miles of range only.
cool your jets for a bit.
it's unlikely the AMD puts that much dent in overall range.
The MCU just runs most of the UI, not the car's propulsion systems

Loan app expires after 60 days. He just suggested you select cash instead. Then once you get your Vin your SA can change it to finance and you can reapply. Saves you multiple credit hits, and it expiring
Yeah, I was concerned but it was a non-event. After I got my VIN I called and the guy switched it to financing in about two minutes, and a few hours later it had been approved. I do have very good credit and was putting $30K down so it was always going to be a non-issue, but the process was quick and simple. I also just went ahead and made my down payment using Plaid so I didn't have any last minute issues; the money came out the next day and then I went in and removed Plaid access to my account.

How you do it is probably different with every bank, I'd suggest search for 'Third Party Access' and you'll probably find it. With Wells Fargo it's in something called Control Tower and I have no earthly idea how to find it click by click.