Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know insurance is off topic but when reading your reply it sounds sort of like you think Geico is bad like Costco would be. Geico is AMAZING. Fair prices and absolutely perfect to deal with for an accident.
Those type of companies are easy to deal with routine small accidents. When you get into huge settlements the resources and expertise are very different but has nothing to do with you being a safe driver or even you not being at fault believe me. Anyone using a company like Geico or others should absolutely get at least a minimum of $500,000 in liability insurance and seriously consider an inexpensive $1 million umbrella policy that is never an aerator scrimp on an insurance policy but I see it all the time. I could write about the details here for hours but I won’t that would just be my best piece of advice don’t scrimp on liability. Also be sure to have uninsured motorist in a reasonably high value and busy metropolitan areas it was shocked you to know how many people don’t have insurance and fake drivers licenses.

You could be sitting in a line of traffic waiting for a light to go green and if a car rolls down a residential driveway and hit you you could still be partially at fault because you didn’t take measures to avoid the accident believe me I’ve seen that happen in two occasions. Hopefully everybody drive safe it’s not about that it’s about the other person. Just watch some dash cam videos;)

Those type of companies are easy to deal with routine small accidents. When you get into huge settlements the resources and expertise are very different but has nothing to do with you being a safe driver or even you not being at fault believe me. Anyone using a company like Geico or others should absolutely get at least a minimum of $500,000 in liability insurance and seriously consider an inexpensive $1 million umbrella policy that is never an aerator scrimp on an insurance policy but I see it all the time. I could write about the details here for hours but I won’t that would just be my best piece of advice don’t scrimp on liability. Also be sure to have uninsured motorist in a reasonably high value and busy metropolitan areas it was shocked you to know how many people don’t have insurance and fake drivers licenses.

You could be sitting in a line of traffic waiting for a light to go green and if a car rolls down a residential driveway and hit you you could still be partially at fault because you didn’t take measures to avoid the accident believe me I’ve seen that happen in two occasions. Hopefully everybody drive safe it’s not about that it’s about the other person. Just watch some dash cam videos;)

As long as one feels good about the insurance company, it's almost always a good idea to make sure the insurance company has some skin in the game via an umbrella policy.

I think that's because there's a sort of flush at the EOQ and they start over. I'd bet a lot of the deliveries with the AMD are later builds but delivered earlier because they're on the west coast. Whereas I'm on the east coast with a build date of 1/5 and don't pick up until the 22nd. So I think all it means that the latest news has more AMDs is that they're west coast deliveries. When the first of the quarter builds make it to the east coast I think there will be a rash of Intel again.
Sounds reasonable, but i hope you are wrong.

Reactions: cwhite51
As long as one feels good about the insurance company, it's almost always a good idea to make sure the insurance company has some skin in the game via an umbrella policy.
I've been hit several times over the (many) years by unlicensed and uninsured in the Los Angeles area.
There's a steady business for brokers to sign up motorists from all walks of life for 30-60 days so a license and registration can be had.
Then the new drivers drop the policy and go about scot-free. There's no enforcement.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hi all, I ordered my MYLR July 28th with the original delivery date being October 2021. Still haven't received it, and the delivery date has been pushing every week since the beginning of November. Anyone have any idea of how to get an accurate time?

Ordered 7/28
ODD: 10/28-11/15
11/05-11/25
11/15-12/10
11/30-12/25
12/01-12/25
12/15-12/31
1/05-1/30
1/11-2/12
1/15-2/16
1/19-2/16

• Informative
Reactions: boulder.dude
Hi all, I ordered my MYLR July 28th with the original delivery date being October 2021. Still haven't received it, and the delivery date has been pushing every week since the beginning of November. Anyone have any idea of how to get an accurate time?

Ordered 7/28
11/05-11/25
11/15-12/10
11/30-12/25
12/01-12/25
12/15-12/31
1/05-1/30
1/11-2/12
1/15-2/16
1/19-2/16
It's Tesla. There's no explanation possible. No one really knows the inner workings of their Logistics system.
My EDD moved a million times.
Even my DELIVER DATE after a VIN was assigned has moved 4 times - in 9 days.

Buckle up! Be prepared to move fast once the VIN gets assigned. Until then, well.....
BTW, if it comes to it, you can use the lack of their forewarning as excuse to HOLD your order if you think a better car will come soon to your date.

Ordered 7/28
11/05-11/25
11/15-12/10
11/30-12/25
12/01-12/25
12/15-12/31
1/05-1/30
1/11-2/12
1/15-2/16
1/19-2/16
That really sucks dude. Only advice anyone can give you is to make sure your profile is complete on your account and be patient, we're all waiting here together.

I do too because I'll be one of them! But my build was the 5th, however long it takes to deliver, my car was built on the 5th and it has whatever it has, most likely Intel.

So that's the thing, unfortunately I don't think the comment that deliveries from here forward will be mostly AMD is really correct. For the west coast it's probably true, for the east coast, probably not for another 10 days to two weeks.

Reactions: orion2001
I've been hit several times over the (many) years by unlicensed and uninsured in the Los Angeles area.
There's a steady business for brokers to sign up motorists from all walks of life for 30-60 days so a license and registration can be had.
Then the new drivers drop the policy and go about scot-free. There's no enforcement.
Here in Massachusetts, your insurance is tied to your vehicle registration. In fact, your license plate is your insurance number and proof of insurance, no additional proof of insurance paperwork required.

Then one state over, there's New Hampshire, where insurance is not required. Neither is seatbelt wear, or helmet wear for motorcyclists.

Here in Massachusetts, your insurance is tied to your vehicle registration. In fact, your license plate is your insurance number and proof of insurance, no additional proof of insurance paperwork required.

Then one state over, there's New Hampshire, where insurance is not required. Neither is seatbelt wear, or helmet wear for motorcyclists.
Or income tax! Live free or die!

I am thinking to order a MYLR today and they say EDD in July
Will I get my car around that time or it will delayed for months
any idea
if you are not in a snowy place, I would suggest booking an MYP. It is currently discounted by $5k. Once Austin comes online and that plant focuses on MYLR, Tesla will have more capacity to supply MYP. It will likely remove the $5k discount over the MYLR pricing. I am in MN and was not prepared for lower ground clearance and the summer tires. But now MYP comes with all season Michelin tires. But it does have larger wheels and thus reduces tire wall height by 2 inches leading to a bit less cushier ride. But if that is not a concern, then MYP will save you waiting for a long time.

In MN, without proof of insurance one can't get their car registration tabs renewed and now they are able to check online from insurance policy number. Which means less chances of being hit by uninsured vehicles.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I do too because I'll be one of them! But my build was the 5th, however long it takes to deliver, my car was built on the 5th and it has whatever it has, most likely Intel.

So that's the thing, unfortunately I don't think the comment that deliveries from here forward will be mostly AMD is really correct. For the west coast it's probably true, for the east coast, probably not for another 10 days to two weeks.
That’s a long time to go from VIN to delivery. I just got a VIN yesterday and my EDD is 1/27 to 2/2 unless it gets pushed for some reason. And I’m also on the east coast.

And I wonder how it works for cars from the same batch on different coasts. I know of at least one other car with a similar VIN that is being delivered on the west coast.

Reactions: Wigan
I think that's because there's a sort of flush at the EOQ and they start over. I'd bet a lot of the deliveries with the AMD are later builds but delivered earlier because they're on the west coast. Whereas I'm on the east coast with a build date of 1/5 and don't pick up until the 22nd. So I think all it means that the latest news has more AMDs is that they're west coast deliveries. When the first of the quarter builds make it to the east coast I think there will be a rash of Intel again.
You are correct. My 1/7 VIN expected for delivery on 21st is 100% an Intel. But it does not bother me. Change is continuous and there will always be something coming a week or month later and one will want to wait. Between February and October of this year MY will be very different to now. No point in in waiting. Once you get a girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband, move on. Do not keep looking what could have been ;)

Technically it'll be correct, but only because we have the rest of time to weigh it against, though i did mean over the new couple weeks, not all time.

You are correct. My 1/7 VIN expected for delivery on 21st is 100% an Intel. But it does not bother me. Change is continuous and there will always be something coming a week or month later and one will want to wait. Between February and October of this year MY will be very different to now. No point in in waiting. Once you get a girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband, move on. Do not keep looking what could have been ;)
100%

Haha, so true. If you like then you better put a key-ring on it! (I know it’s a card, just practicing my dad jokes over here)