Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super smoothly, there was nothing to it. I'd already made the payment and signed all the documents so there was nothing there. I had to sign two papers for registration, accepted delivery in the app, and I was ready to go. They made sure the app updated, which it did and got the phone set up as a key, and that was that. Luckily there was no snow or ice or anything, so that was a non-issue so I decided to not even put on the mudflaps. I put in the floor mats, gave it a very quick look over, probably not even five minutes, and didn't see anything, and was probably gone 30 minutes after I got there. They had tossed it onto the charger so it had about 250 miles when I picked it up so that was a non-issue.
Nice! Go Tar Heels!

Reactions: Wigan
That must be a problem for Tesla to do this to an innocent party! I wonder how flipping cars (in this sense) reflects poorly on Tesla enough for it to be in the MVPA?
May have something to do with not feeding a secondary market? Maybe some regulations against actively condoning an inflated market for your products? No idea!

For one I’m trying to understand the financial sense of coming down hard on people for this.
Imagine 10% of owners decided to flip their cars in this current climate since sept 2021…and then purchase another one. That’s what…almost 100,000 new sales on global total of 1M? Assume half those used buyers would have bought new anyway…so 50,000 loss of sales and revenue. For Tesla meeting their guidance is becoming increasingly important and -50k sales at avg $60k sale…3B less revenue?

That aside…spoke to the manager of my SC and he’s going to try to assist and do his best to clear it. But I do fear the order is gone and won’t be reinstated. Best case…’sorry about that…please feel free to re-order’. That would utterly suck.

Get this one guys 🤦🏽‍♂️
Some decision called Loss prevention cancelled our 7pass Y order because we originally had a 2021 5 pass Y with white seats from adept 2021 and sold it to a dealer by Nov so we could switch to our 7 pass/blk interior.
They said something like ‘you were found to make profit on the resell and according to our MVPA, you cannot order in bad faith or for resell purposes’. Whaaat?

We had our Y for abt 2 months before we realized it wasn’t the trim level we needed so we ended up selling to a 3rd party dealer rather than having multiple buyers coming into our car during Covid. What they offered us on resale was quite shocking but we took it as we needed to make the change.

So now 1 week into delivery of our 7 pass MY…Tesla pulls this ?!
This is unacceptable. We don’t flip cars and we only wanted to upgrade from 5 to 7 and change white to /black int due to kids soccer and constant dirt. This Y is supposed to be our final family SUV.

I’m emailed resolutions but this is ridiculous. We didn’t order the 7 pass for selling it…just to replace the 5 pass. What a mess.
Was the original Y that was sold and the new model Y grouped under the same tesla account? Just wondering how they made the connection.

Was the original Y that was sold and the new model Y grouped under the same tesla account? Just wondering how they made the connection.
Yes it was. but one was sold so no longer on the account. We do also have a LR M3 so we have that on account and older Y until sold.
I guess now that you mention it, we had ordered the new 7 passY while still owning the other 2 cars. So maybe they finally saw 3 orders in a short span and a sale? And now Think we are going to also sell the next one.

That’s the clause they quoted from the MVPA: we can cancel if we feel you fit the profile of a flipper or intend to sell the vehicle in a short time or in bad faith’.

We don’t want to do either!! We just sold a Y ti get another one. So frustrating.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Expecting my delivery within the next month and trying to prepare. Does anyone know the most effective way to charge at home (wall connector or straight outlet)?
I went with NEMA 14-50 outlet that can charge to 30 mph. Wiring cost was the same but we have to move in a few months and didn’t want to install wall connector and then uninstall it in a few months.

Standard 120 v outlet was not for me because 2-3 mph I would have to take it to a super charger every few days with my driving needs…. I’m all set now only waiting for the car

Expecting my delivery within the next month and trying to prepare. Does anyone know the most effective way to charge at home (wall connector or straight outlet)?
I went with NEMA 14-50 outlet that can charge to 30 mph. Wiring cost was the same but we have to move in a few months and didn’t want to install wall connector and then uninstall it in a few months.

Standard 120 v outlet was not for me because 2-3 mph I would have to take it to a super charger every few days with my driving needs…. I’m all set now only waiting for the car
I also went with the NEMA 14-50 but cost is not the same. Tesla Charger is $500 NEMA 14-50 adapter is $45. Cost to run the electrical is close to the same. 14-50 outlet charges a little slower, it’s about 10 hrs to fully charge a MY. But can also be used if you get a different EV later and you can get a non Tesla charger that will work on your Tesla, but at a slower rate. Get the charger if you have multiple Teslas or if you are concerned about charging time. If not, I say go with outlet. Is what I did. Charge in link will give you some info. Charger is 60 amp and outlet is 50 amp

I also went with the NEMA 14-50 but cost is not the same. Tesla Charger is $500 NEMA 14-50 adapter is $45. Cost to run the electrical is close to the same. 14-50 outlet charges a little slower, it’s about 10 hrs to fully charge a MY. But can also be used if you get a different EV later and you can get a non Tesla charger that will work on your Tesla, but at a slower rate. Get the charger if you have multiple Teslas or if you are concerned about charging time. If not, I say go with outlet. Is what I did. Charge in link will give you some info. Charger is 60 amp and outlet is 50 amp

Thanks buddy, that’s what I meant. The wiring cost is the same. Good point on future proofing for another EV

• Informative
Reactions: samp10 and BGOwner
1642910966859.jpeg

I'm not 100% sure what this question is asking, but to me the expense, if there is one, is getting the right juice to the garage. As long as you can get 220v and about 30 amps you're good. After that it's somewhat moot how you get it from the wall to the car; I just had an electrician put in a 14-50 outlet for about $50.. That was for a previous EV so now i just pop the J1772 adapter on my charger and I'm good. I get about 24 miles per hour which is way more than enough for home charging IMO 99.17% of the time.

I'm not 100% sure what this question is asking, but to me the expense, if there is one, is getting the right juice to the garage. As long as you can get 220v and about 30 amps you're good. After that it's somewhat moot how you get it from the wall to the car; I just had an electrician put in a 14-50 outlet for about $50.. That was for a previous EV so now i just pop the J1772 adapter on my charger and I'm good. I get about 24 miles per hour which is way more than enough for home charging IMO 99.17% of the time.
I initially had a 14-50 installed. And when I got a powerwall installed, I had the Tesla technicians install a wall charger in lieu of the 14-50. Charging went from 32 mi/hr to 46-47/hr. Only you can decide what’s best for your situation but just know that the wall charger can deliver 50% more than the 14-50.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I initially had a 14-50 installed. And when I got a powerwall installed, I had the Tesla technicians install a wall charger in lieu of the 14-50. Charging went from 32 mi/hr to 46-47/hr. Only you can decide what’s best for your situation but just know that the wall charger can deliver 50% more than the 14-50.
the 14-50 is fine if you have a single car. If you plan to have multiple ev's then go with a 48amp powerwall (60a circuit) That way you can share between the two vehicles pretty easially . Even with a single 30A circuit you can get two powerwalls and it will load share that 30A to multiple cars so you can get the full 30a or a shared 30.

the 14-50 is fine if you have a single car. If you plan to have multiple ev's then go with a 48amp powerwall (60a circuit) That way you can share between the two vehicles pretty easially . Even with a single 30A circuit you can get two powerwalls and it will load share that 30A to multiple cars so you can get the full 30a or a shared 30.
I’m not trying to be argumentative. Really I’m not. Come noon tomorrow, we’ll be a 2 Tesla household sharing one high-powered wall charger. How does that math work really? Because we start charging at super off peak (10pm) and a ~50mi to 244 (~80%) would take 4.5 vs the 6 hrs.

Granted I work from home so I don’t think this will be an issue but I’m sure your response will be more educational for others who drive more often in a 2 Tesla home.

I’m not trying to be argumentative. Really I’m not. Come noon tomorrow, we’ll be a 2 Tesla household sharing one high-powered wall charger. How does that math work really? Because we start charging at super off peak (10pm) and a ~50mi to 244 (~80%) would take 4.5 vs the 6 hrs.

Granted I work from home so I don’t think this will be an issue but I’m sure your response will be more educational for others who drive more often in a 2 Tesla home.
Maybe if you drive 150 miles a day on each EV you need a beefier system, but as I said I think for 99.17% of owners a simple 14-50 is going to be fine. Including two-car households.

24D235F4-DC2B-4071-8FD9-895688974CA1.jpeg
DF0FD24F-2554-49D9-968A-CF788D9941D3.jpeg

After going from a Ford Taurus to a 17 model s to a model Y, model y is easily my favorite car was perfect minus one misaligned door trim but they will obviously fix.
Car drives like a beaut, was worried about performance being a bumpy ride but it rides like a dream. I live in Staten Island so the road are awful even, but the car is still so enjoyable to drive. Black on white is best color combo in my opinion and black rims are a must. Gemini rims kind of downgrade the look of the car for me. I had performance but the inductions also look great.
Overall worth my 3 month wait and would do it again.

Attachments

• 34F2D2B5-1AEC-4E07-BA91-50EDDEF04ED0.jpeg
    34F2D2B5-1AEC-4E07-BA91-50EDDEF04ED0.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 8DBABFA2-28EC-49BB-BB18-2FA1D1FF7A7E.jpeg
    8DBABFA2-28EC-49BB-BB18-2FA1D1FF7A7E.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 74

If you are restricting yourself then thats a choice you need to work around . Electricity in Florida from the nuclear plant is pretty cheap and I have 10KW solar on the roof which also offsets things more. The savings over gasoline is still night and day. So I don't intend to limit myself to offpeak rates.

If you are limiting your time of use you are better off to get a 2nd full rate charger or alternate charging days