Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone noticed this, but it seems that fsd builds are now prioritized. Does anyone know if one can still remove fsd once vin is assigned? What would prevent someone from doing so?
Def true that order page now explicitly jumps you ahead several months for adding FSD to a new order -- or pushes you back several for NOT checking the FSD box, depending on how you look at it. And they may still be letting people cancel it once assigned a VIN...There’s chatter on reddit and twitter from people saying that is their intention. But not sure if anyone has publicly said they have done that in last couple of days, so there’s not ironclad confirmation.
If that is still possible, though, and people treat it like a loophole you can imagine Tesla ending it. And there’s probably nothing in the sales agreement mentioning this so Tesla could change it any second and suddenly after waiting three months and getting a VIN you are stuck paying $12,000 for something you don’t want and maybe can’t afford, or cancelling your order and starting at the end of the line again.

Def true that order page now explicitly jumps you ahead several months for adding FSD to a new order -- or pushes you back several for NOT checking the FSD box, depending on how you look at it. And they may still be letting people cancel it once assigned a VIN...There’s chatter on reddit and twitter from people saying that is there intention. But not sure if anyone has publicly said they have done that in last couple of days, so there’s not ironclad confirmation.
If that is still possible, though, and people treat it like a loophole you can imagine Tesla ending it. And there’s probably nothing in the sales agreement mentioning this so Tesla could change it any second and suddenly after waiting three months and getting a VIN you are stuck paying $12,000 for something you don’t want and maybe can’t afford, or cancelling your order and starting at the end of the line again.
Or treat it liked editing your config and you go back to current prices instead of your locked in price.

This all seems true. And it would be fine to have other vehicles use Superchargers ... when we reach the point that our other options are just like gas stations are for ICE.....reliable, available and everywhere.
Just for now, though, I don’t want to compete with Porsches and VWs Fords and Hyundais for limited Supercharger space that I feel like to a degree I have paid for by paying more for a somewhat similar vehicle in part because it HAS a dedicated charger network.... Maybe not rational but there it is. My sense is Supercharger growth is more or less keeping pace with Tesla sales, but may not be able to as things explode this year, with Austin jumping the volume pretty well by year’s end.
Agreed, we’re not quite ready (yet) to open the floodgates, probably. And you are certainly correct, we have directly paid into the buildout of the Supercharger network! Right now, we benefit from that “investment”, because that is only fair so no shame in admitting that.

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
Or treat it liked editing your config and you go back to current prices instead of your locked in price.
Agreed, we’re not quite ready (yet) to open the floodgates, probably. And you are certainly correct, we have directly paid into the buildout of the Supercharger network! Right now, we benefit from that “investment”, because that is only fair so no shame in admitting that.
It is really impressive how quickly they’re standing up new superchargers, though. A year ago, we had three kind of within striking distance, but all more than 20 miles away. Now two more sites have filled in the middle of that... one of them less than two miles away, the other perhaps 4. And I feel that kind of thing a lot of places I drive to.

Reactions: PatrickTM
What it means is that our cars are ready for the CCS adapters when Tesla decides to bring them here (hopefully this year). Not all cars can do this: I think it started showing up mid 2020 or so.

I am looking forward to having this tool in the toolchest, so to speak. There are CCS chargers where there are no Superchargers between here and Spokane and even though there are Superchargers planned, I have watched years go by with nothing but plans for them.
Yes, it started showing up in 2020. But a lot of 2021 cars don't have it, includling my October 2021 build. So if / when the adapter is available, I'm going to at least file a ticket and try to get Tesla to install the missing chips to make mine complete.

I haven't called the SA to find out. It doesn't matter all that much to me
I don't care about the AMD either but if its a standard battery , the standard battery will die every 2-3 years or it can die if you use sentry mode and don't drive the car for a while and the only way to get back in your car will be to use a jump starter from the outside ( through the front grill) . Keeping a jumper in the car is a good idea for many reasons but it won't help you if you can't get in so Its just something to be aware of.

I don't care about the AMD either but if its a standard battery , the standard battery will die every 2-3 years or it can die if you use sentry mode and don't drive the car for a while and the only way to get back in your car will be to use a jump starter from the outside ( through the front grill) . Keeping a jumper in the car is a good idea for many reasons but it won't help you if you can't get in so Its just something to be aware of.
I totally hear ya. I'm not going to pass on delivery* even if for some reason I got an old battery. I can just bring the jumper in my luggage if it's the big of a problem.

*especially now that the car is 63k...

Reactions: DrGriz
Do we typically see a lot of movement and shuffling after EOQ of EDDs? I was currently in the March group and then was bumped to June - July due to having an open trade in estimate. I really need the car by June the latest. Has anyone had success calling and creating an escalation?

Do we typically see a lot of movement and shuffling after EOQ of EDDs? I was currently in the March group and then was bumped to June - July due to having an open trade in estimate. I really need the car by June the latest. Has anyone had success calling and creating an escalation?
I have seen recommendation to not putting trade-in information until you receive a VIN, this way, there is no expiration date, and your EDD is more stable. May be that will help get your EDD earlier.

Just got my license plates and vehicle registration today. Exactly 28 days after delivery appointment, and it came by UPS. Just in time too, as the temp tag expires tomorrow!

Also my car got pushed the 2022.3.101.1 software update. Pretty neat! The save dash cam clip button is now (back) on the main screen, and heated windshield/wiper park is now activated. The charge stats is a nice touch as well.

Just got my license plates and vehicle registration today. Exactly 28 days after delivery appointment, and it came by UPS. Just in time too, as the temp tag expires tomorrow!

Also my car got pushed the 2022.3.101.1 software update. Pretty neat! The save dash cam clip button is now (back) on the main screen, and heated windshield/wiper park is now activated. The charge stats is a nice touch as well.
Like that the save button is back where it should be. Looking forward to that.

Reactions: PatrickTM