Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current listing of the 10 busiest Supercharger locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I was at the Hawthorne Supercharger this morning. I don't live in So.Cal. and have only charged there a few times. I observed with interest the screen display of the Supercharger network and the top 10 busiest Supercharger locations. I was not allowed to take a photo of the screen so I made some quick notes. The top 10 were:

Mountain View CA
Hong Kong
Fremont CA
San Diego CA
Culver City CA
San Mateo CA
Dublin CA
Norway (sorry didn't make a note of the city)
Netherlands (sorry didn't make a note of the city)
Fountain Valley CA

7 of the top 10 were in California. I was not surprised.

I was at the Hawthorne Supercharger this morning. I don't live in So.Cal. and have only charged there a few times. I observed with interest the screen display of the Supercharger network and the top 10 busiest Supercharger locations. I was not allowed to take a photo of the screen so I made some quick notes. The top 10 were:

Mountain View CA
Hong Kong
Fremont CA
San Diego CA
Culver City CA
San Mateo CA
Dublin CA
Fountain Valley CA

Visiting family I gather. Hope you had a good Easter trip. Those locations definitely have been busy when I've visited them.

i was at the fremont factory last week, and they have the same display. i had the same interest in it.

funny thing: on the drive there, my wife, visiting hong kong, called me.. and she mentioned that tesla's are everywhere. I found that surprising. then i see the screen 2 hours later and see that hong kong was top 3...

How come? What prevented you? (guessing tesla employees nearby but don't want to assume).
The two Tesla security guys in the Supercharger lounge area where the display screen was. They were very clear: "Sorry no pictures please".

Since the display screen is inside a Tesla-owned building, Tesla can set the rules. I saw no reason to argue with them even though it seemed silly.

I did not ask if the "no photos" rule applied to a photo of anything in that room or just the Supercharger information display screen.

• Informative
Reactions: SureValla
The two Tesla security guys in the Supercharger lounge area where the display screen was. They were very clear: "Sorry no pictures please".

Since the display screen is inside a Tesla-owned building, Tesla can set the rules. I saw no reason to argue with them even though it seemed silly.

I did not ask if the "no photos" rule applied to a photo of anything in that room or just the Supercharger information display screen.
Some companies don't like photos being taken of anything (even from outside the fence); seems to me like a type of superstition. (I noticed this behavior by several people when we were building the Mercedes plant - HR manager told a journalist to delete photos he had taken while parked outside the factory gate [the journalist refused]). On the busy superchargers, it seems pointless to forbid photos of that.... everybody knows that these SC locations are generally super-busy. It's not a secret.

Mountain View CA
Hong Kong
Fremont CA
San Diego CA
Culver City CA
San Mateo CA
Dublin CA
Fountain Valley CA

Must be Amsterdam in NL. Crowded with very bully like Tesla taxis. I try to avoid it. Hooe Teslas new commercial rule will help.

So that data always reflects the past 24 hours.

With rare exception, and I’m there about twice a month, 6 of the top 10 are CA, 3 China, and 1 Netherlands - lately Norway has been making an appearance as you saw. Puts into perspective any kvetching about congestion. As always, solve California and you solve the continent.

Interestingly, I believe you can photograph the sister panel at Kettleman. They’re just a bit touchy about the Design Center - dating back to when they had an X prototype in the lobby with camera stalks instead of side mirrors.

Security does a great job - especially lately now that Bolt owners show up and drive right into the stalls. “But my salesman told me I could charge anywhere and the car took me here!” Bwahahaaha. True story. In fairness, there are J-1772s on the other side of the hedge, but still.