TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Current listing of the 10 busiest Supercharger locations

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by ecarfan, Apr 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I was at the Hawthorne Supercharger this morning. I don't live in So.Cal. and have only charged there a few times. I observed with interest the screen display of the Supercharger network and the top 10 busiest Supercharger locations. I was not allowed to take a photo of the screen so I made some quick notes. The top 10 were:

Mountain View CA
    Hong Kong
    Fremont CA
    San Diego CA
    Culver City CA
    San Mateo CA
    Dublin CA
    Norway (sorry didn't make a note of the city)
    Netherlands (sorry didn't make a note of the city)
    Fountain Valley CA

7 of the top 10 were in California. I was not surprised.

• Informative x 8
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Visiting family I gather. Hope you had a good Easter trip. Those locations definitely have been busy when I've visited them.

3. Bruinfan

Bruinfan Member

i was at the fremont factory last week, and they have the same display. i had the same interest in it.

funny thing: on the drive there, my wife, visiting hong kong, called me.. and she mentioned that tesla's are everywhere. I found that surprising. then i see the screen 2 hours later and see that hong kong was top 3...

4. timk225

timk225 Member

Build MOAR Superchargers!!!

• Like x 1
  5. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

7 out of the top 10 busiest SC are in CA on a MONDAY MORNING. Yikes. The European SCs were at the busiest time of day for SCs, and Hong Kong never sleeps...

Or was that chart over the last 24 hours?

6. ecarfan

Sorry, don't recall for sure but would guess that the data was over a period of some hours as that would make more sense than over a period of days or weeks.

7. SureValla

SureValla Member

How come? What prevented you? (guessing tesla employees nearby but don't want to assume).

8. ecarfan

The two Tesla security guys in the Supercharger lounge area where the display screen was. They were very clear: "Sorry no pictures please".

Since the display screen is inside a Tesla-owned building, Tesla can set the rules. I saw no reason to argue with them even though it seemed silly.

I did not ask if the "no photos" rule applied to a photo of anything in that room or just the Supercharger information display screen.

• Informative x 1
  9. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

Some companies don't like photos being taken of anything (even from outside the fence); seems to me like a type of superstition. (I noticed this behavior by several people when we were building the Mercedes plant - HR manager told a journalist to delete photos he had taken while parked outside the factory gate [the journalist refused]). On the busy superchargers, it seems pointless to forbid photos of that.... everybody knows that these SC locations are generally super-busy. It's not a secret.

10. MickC

MickC Member

The Netherlands concerns Amsterdam if I recall. Many Teslas in the Netherlands and also lots of Tesla Taxi's. The drivers are waiting at the SuC when they have no clients.

11. Tam

Tam Active Member

And please don't tell them that you got perfect photographic memory and you can redraw the Supercharger Status Board perfectly without a need for a camera :)