Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Owner in Iowa and 22nd in line - No Email to configure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't seem to be going strictly by order time.

I waited in line on the east coast (waited in line in NYC, but I live in PA) on 3/31, I'm a current owner, but I did not yet get an invitation to configure, either. There seems to be some amount of randomization factor happening, and the opaqueness of it is what feels frustrating to people.

Reactions: Bluebullet
Blue - just checking -

1) Does the Model S you purchased show up in your Tesla account? Can you access it from the app?,
2) Is your reservation for the Model 3 under the same email address as your Model S?, and,
3) On your Tesla account page, where you manage your reservation, did you select AWD? (Which would make sense for Iowa winters.)
If your reservation isn't linked to your Model S (hence my questions about your account), Tesla won't know you're an owner. And if you selected AWD as what you were interested in, you may not have gotten an invite yet because of that.

I made two reservations on the first day, before the reveal occurred. The first was delivered 12/26. I haven't received an invite to configure for the second one & I assume that's because I chose AWD in the Delivery Estimator for that reservation. I'm sure that invite will come when AWD becomes available.

View attachment 271471

Just thought I'd eliminate the obvious before this thread grew to multiple pages. :)
I just have one question... is. that picture in your profile bonnie for real???;)

I just have one question... is. that picture in your profile bonnie for real???;)
Yes. :) That's my Founders X, pic taken on a bluff in White Salmon, WA overlooking the Columbia River.

Here's a larger version:
IMG_0752.jpg