Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current X100D custom configuration order to delivery timeframes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the last five of your Vin # 58xxx or 59xxx? I have to guess you're in the 58xxx series.

I'm VIN 592XX. I ordered an "inventory" X today that was destined to be a showroom model in Alabama. It is currently in production and should be available for pickup at the factory in the next two weeks. I'll have more details from my DS later this week on timing.

The dates keep fluctuating, Now delivery date says' Aug - Early sep,

Initially , Mid Aug
Post Order, Late Sep - Oct
Week later, Late Jul - Aug
2 week later. Aug - Early Sep

Lets how many time it moves :)

mine has had the exact same flux....60XXX VIN. The sales and delivery teams confirmed with production that there is a "glitch" in the website notifications on ETAs - they said to expect it in August. It feels like watching water boil. And what I ordered doesn't exist in 'New Inventory" anywhere on the planet....I will wait it out, but this whole back and forth motion on the dates makes the wait that much more "fun"

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
mine has had the exact same flux....60XXX VIN. The sales and delivery teams confirmed with production that there is a "glitch" in the website notifications on ETAs - they said to expect it in August. It feels like watching water boil. And what I ordered doesn't exist in 'New Inventory" anywhere on the planet....I will wait it out, but this whole back and forth motion on the dates makes the wait that much more "fun"

Thanks Skilly for confirming..

Tesla is currently building inventory and it really just depends when they pull the switch and move over to custom orders and then it's probably just 1-2 weeks until production is finished and delivery then depends on where you live. But nobody knows if Tesla decides to build those custom orders today or in two weeks.

Tesla is currently building inventory and it really just depends when they pull the switch and move over to custom orders and then it's probably just 1-2 weeks until production is finished and delivery then depends on where you live. But nobody knows if Tesla decides to build those custom orders today or in two weeks.
Mine Model X started production on saturday, so dont think that is very correct :)

• Informative
Reactions: sreehyd and EinSV
As another point of reference, I ordered a custom MX 100D last week. It auto-confirmed after 3 days on July 20th. Its a 618xx serial number, and website says estimated delivery is 'September - Early October' - although my Owner Advisor is telling me he currently expects mid-September.

I'll add mine here also, since this is the X100D custom thread (it's also in the general X VIN thread). Ordered 8/6/017, waiting for it to lock tomorrow. Was told Saturday by Tysons that they 'still have open September production slots' which is interesting based on all the people waiting for custom orders from June, etc.!

I'll post progress.... Website said 'late September' when it went in! Weird others are seeing Sep-Oct....

Reactions: scottf200
And, to update this thread, the VIN is 65XXX, and delivery has changed from 'late September' to 'September-early October'. Shocker... :D As I said in the general X Delivery thread, I still bet it gets here in September to count in Q3, as so many do.

Checking with (just assigned) DS, as I'd almost rather have (calmer) October but want the promo financing.

As another point of reference, I ordered a custom MX 100D last week. It auto-confirmed after 3 days on July 20th. Its a 618xx serial number, and website says estimated delivery is 'September - Early October' - although my Owner Advisor is telling me he currently expects mid-September.

Wheeeeee!!! Today the status has changed to 'in production'.

Reactions: boaterva
I'll add mine here also, since this is the X100D custom thread (it's also in the general X VIN thread). Ordered 8/6/017, waiting for it to lock tomorrow. Was told Saturday by Tysons that they 'still have open September production slots' which is interesting based on all the people waiting for custom orders from June, etc.!

I'll post progress.... Website said 'late September' when it went in! Weird others are seeing Sep-Oct....
My order placed 7/28, confirmed 8/1 Expected late Aug-mid sept. DS says expect early Sept.