Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current X100D custom configuration order to delivery timeframes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Custom order for 100D 7 seater placed 8/8, confirmed 8/11. During order process prediction was "late september", post confirmation shows "September-Early October". this will be replacing my P90D Vin 247 with 6 seats, Going for longer range and more space for my planes not to mention AP2.

Peter+

Reactions: Paul Carter
From your signature block it looks like we went down a similar path. I also had an early S85 (February 2013). Sold it a few months ago and picked up my 100D X on August 4 in Fremont. After two weeks I would say there night and day comparison to the S. You'll love the X!

Thank you,

Yes, I watched all these years and waited until now to have ,

1) Bit Long range which adds atleast 50 miles , Based on my driving habits all these years, I believed this would give a bit of "Extra" cushion during Long drives.
2) EAP & FSD(future)
3) Extra Interior space for Long Hauls Cross country drives etc., or Camping etc.

Everything else I get from the Car is bonus ..

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy
Woot, was that from your DS? I checked the website and no update. (My guess is it only updates after production starts).
Sorry, left that out, yes, my DS told me that, which is why I said 'tentative'. :) You may be correct on when the website updates or you get an email, as they probably don't want to tell you in advance in case something changes in the schedule!

You might want to check if your DS can find out for you!

Here's my timeline for a custom 6 seater x100d. Order placed right before the tow hitch became standard, but I did receive a credit as I had selected the option.

7/16 - Order placed
7/16 - Initial estimate: late August to early September
7/26 - DS initial estimate 9/12
8/2 - DS updates estimate to 9/5
8/17 - Told Production started
8/21 - Told production finished
8/25 - Scheduled delivery appointment in Seattle

• Helpful
Reactions: Rossy and scottf200
Have an awesome Friday! 4 Days from Prod Finish to Delivery... if I'm lucky I could have my X in 2 weeks!
Here's my timeline for a custom 6 seater x100d. Order placed right before the tow hitch became standard, but I did receive a credit as I had selected the option.

7/16 - Order placed
Great News! Have a great Friday!
I was down in the PDX Delivery/Service Center today. Asked if they stocked CHAdeMO adapters and floor mats, was told it was best to order online. Good to know truck delivery is so rapid up the West Coast!

7/16 - Order placed

My MX 100D was confirmed a couple of days later than this, but also completed production on 8/21. Now, apparently, it's on a train from Fremont to Birmingham, Alabama, and will then get transfered to the Nashville SC. That process is going to take a bit longer - I'm told to expect delivery around 9/12.

• Helpful
For those that haven't seen it, there's a rumor of a price drop on 100D/P100D vs 75D's (both S and X), to make the differential 'somewhat' like the Model 3 difference of $9K USD (base vs long range). No idea if this means we here see a $11K adjustment or something less. If any/all of this is true, I would assume a number of orders in process would also get the usual retroactive adjustment. Stay tuned!

Rumor - New MS 100D and P100D Price Drop

Reactions: scottf200
For those that haven't seen it, there's a rumor of a price drop on 100D/P100D vs 75D's (both S and X), to make the differential 'somewhat' like the Model 3 difference of $9K USD (base vs long range). No idea if this means we here see a $11K adjustment or something less. If any/all of this is true, I would assume a number of orders in process would also get the usual retroactive adjustment. Stay tuned!

Rumor - New MS 100D and P100D Price Drop
Arg, disregard! It's been clarified to be for Inventory Cars only. Which does make a lot more sense for EOQ. Dang, I had already spent the $11K, too. :D