Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Currently advertised: "Summon allows your car to find you in parking lot. REALLY"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Tesla's website, they advertise two types of "autonomous" features: ones that are implicitly available now, and those that are "coming later" --- ok fine

Included in the implictily available features now is "Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really."

First issue: they included this "Summon" feature, which will find you anywhere in a parking lot, as a feature that is implicitly available now ---- because they didn't include as a "Coming later this year" feature......

Second issue: they doubled down on this assertion with the "Really." part.....

How accurate is this?
Untitled.png

• Funny
Reactions: jsrawa and Matias
The new (Enhanced, Advanced, Smart) Summon has been imminent for quite some time (and has been in early access testing for at least 2 months). So that’s probably why the website says that - it’s supposed to have been dropping any day, for a while.

On the other hand, the city driving parts of FSD are late 2019 even in Elon time, meaning they’re pretty far into the future.

It makes a little more sense if you just accept that the website designers are probably just going off Elon’s tweets, like the rest of us.

Not really and in Europe the max summon range just got reduced (due to regulations) from 10 to 7 meters.

Summon has always been a bit of a gimmick, mostly good only for steering the car into the jamb of the garage door while the neighbours are watching ...

Same in Canada. I’m doubtful we’ll ever get Smart Summon so it’s hard to justify it as being of value when looking at FSD. For its limited usability, it should just be one of those cool Tesla things that comes with the car. Let Smart Summon be the add on.

The wife and I only use it when some idiot parks too close to one side, we'll back out the car so we can get in. I told my friend at work that we'll test advanced summon in an empty parking lot once it lands. He's more excited about that than I am.

On Tesla's website, they advertise two types of "autonomous" features: ones that are implicitly available now, and those that are "coming later" --- ok fine

Included in the implictily available features now is "Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really."

First issue: they included this "Summon" feature, which will find you anywhere in a parking lot, as a feature that is implicitly available now ---- because they didn't include as a "Coming later this year" feature......

Second issue: they doubled down on this assertion with the "Really." part.....

How accurate is this? View attachment 411434
A word got clipped, cause they mean "Really [slowly]"